I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.


Volume 5-: Lesser Elf Village


Chapter 9-: Find Mysterious Minerals!


(TL By GUST)




Kieda, me, and Holy Beast-sama were talking while looking at the beautiful red wooden bridge that was newly built over the holy spring.


"Isn't it a good performance?"

"If you say so, it's worth the trouble."


 It took a lot of effort to actually build this bridge.

 At first, I was thinking of building a stone bridge, but Holy Beast-sama said, "If you want to build a bridge over this spring, a wooden bridge would be good.''

Moreover, he even specified the color, saying, "I like the color to be bright red.''


 I was able to entrust Kieda with the design for building a wooden bridge, but the problem is the dye.

 The reason is that none of the materials I have could produce a "bright red color".


 So I was going to decline the color at first.

 But, "Isn't there enough material for the red color? If that's the case, then I'll know about it." I had no reason to refuse.


 The place where the dye material is found seems to be a cave in a place further back from the sacred beast-sama's residence.

 As expected, I didn't feel comfortable taking Terrine to such a place, so I asked her to prepare a feast with the villagers, and decided to go with me, Kieda, and the Holy Beast-sama who was the guide. be.


"Is this cave safe?"


 I ask the Holy Beast-sama while peeking inside from the entrance of the cave that is gaping in the rock wall.

"It's safe, so I'm sleeping too."

"Bed? Is it true that Holy Beast-sama lives here?"

"Umu. This is my true home."

Unlike the flower-filled plaza that the villagers call the Holy Beast-sama's dwelling place, the cave in front of them is eerie, as if monsters could jump out of it at any moment.

 I don't think it's a place where sacred beasts live.

"I taught you because you're the Lord. Never tell others. If you do that, you'll steal the maidens' dreams."

"I understand."

"If I take it apart, I'll pierce your buttocks with this horn of mine."

"Hieh"


 Saying that, I lowered my head and jumped back from the Holy Beast-sama who was showing off his horns while holding my own buttocks.

 Holy Beast-sama's eyes are serious.


"So Holy Beast-sama. Is there something like that in this cave?"


 Quieda asked while peering into the cave.

 I'm about to say that I'm not the only one who'll get spanked if this place is found out, but Kieda doesn't seem to care much.


"Kieda... do you have experience yet?"


 Such an improbable image popped into my head, and I hurriedly shook my head to shake it off.

 Kieda was certainly an adventurer who traveled around the world before becoming a butler, but I want to believe that she shouldn't have had such adventures.

“Even in the cave, but first we have to rest.” 

"What is?"

"Sprinkle water on the rocks of this cave with your power."

"Is it water?"


 Is it a ritual or something to enter the sacred beast-sama's sleeping quarters?

 Although I was skeptical, I selected normal water from the materials I had on hand and took it out so that it covered the surroundings of the cave in front of me.

 It was as soon as I poured a little extra water so that it would cover the whole thing.


"eh"

"law……"


 The wall, which had been thought to be just a rock until now, turned red in an instant, centering on the place where the water was splashed.

 Beside me who was confused as to what the hell was going on, Kieda muttered, "No way, in such a place..." as she approached the rock wall.


"How is it? It will be wonderful."


 Holy Beast-sama proudly puffed out his chest, but when I saw the beautiful red in front of me, I had no choice but to agree with his words.


“Holy Beast-sama, is it okay if I shave a little?”

"Umukamawanzo"

"Excuse me then."


After getting permission from Holy Beast-sama, Kieda took out her favorite knife and slammed the handle against the rock.

 After repeating this several times, Kieda came back to us with several bright red shards in her hand.


 Her face seems to be unable to hide her excitement.

 I've never seen him look like this before.


"Rest-sama, please look at this 'bright red'!"


 The piece of rock sitting on top of the palm that Kieda held out was painted bright red all over.

What a strange rock that can change to such a color the by being splashed with water.

 I've never seen rocks so brightly colored.

 However, Kieda must have said "No way, in such a place" earlier.

 In other words, Kieda knows about this rock.


"Does Kieda know about this rock?"


 I asked Kieda, who happily stared at the rock on her palm.

This is a mineral called red cliff stone.

"This is the first time I've heard of it.

I've never heard of it before. When I was a young man, I was shown it by a veteran adventurer with whom I had a party for a time in the western lands.


 According to Kieda, the red cliff stone that the veteran adventurer had was of poorer quality than the one in front of him and would only turn reddish black when wet with water.

 According to the adventurer, the red cliff stone that turns a particularly beautiful red is extremely valuable, and even a fist-sized piece could be sold for a tremendous amount of money if it could be unearthed.


It is not that valuable," he said. It's not that valuable, because, on a rainy day, all the rocks around here turn red.

"This whole rock wall is ......

I wonder how much it is worth.


 We looked up at the rock wall and remained motionless for a while.


TL Note-: The island is a treasure trove of rare things







Comments

Popular Posts