The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 142-Disaster, Again

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

We descended the mountain and went to the ruins of the village of Pagos.

 Just to be sure, we tried to investigate based on the information we had obtained in the mountains, but could get no new clues.

 After all, it seems that Arios holds the key.



 Sora and Luna told me about the memories of the death of the adventurer: ......

 What on earth had Arios done?

 I had to ask him directly.



 Axe and Cel seemed half-convinced that the hero had ...... not done anything wrong, but they had no reason to deny Sora and Luna's words, so they were satisfied for the time being.



 Thus, we returned to the village of Jisu again to meet Arios.



"Nyah ...... it feels like it's been a long time."(Kanade)



 When we arrived at the village of Jisu, Kanade said something like that.



 We had spent several days to get back and forth to the village of Pagos.

 One can say it's been a long time since we've been here.



"But ......, isn't there something wrong with the atmosphere?"(Tania)



 Tania tilted her head.

 Sora and Luna agreed with her.



"I think so, The atmosphere is strange or ...... different from when we visited before."(Sora)

"The atmosphere is tense and gloomy."(Luna)

"Something ...... wrong, perhaps?"(Nina)



 Nina's body became smaller, as if frightened by the stinging air flowing in the village.

 I pat her head and reassure her.

 



 "Thank you .......Rain-san"(Nina)

"You'll be fine. I'm here, and everyone else is, too."(Rain)

"...... yeah."(Nina)

"And yet, ...... Sola and Luna are right, something's wrong, isn't it? What's going on?"(Rain)

"Hey."(Cel)



Axe and Cel, who had been looking around the village earlier, came back.

 The usually calm and collected Cel was in a hurry and his complexion changed.



'What's wrong?"(Rain)

"Oh my God! A demon has appeared."(Axe)

"Oh, ......"(Rain)



 While we were away from the village, ......?



"Axe, you're not making any sense."(Cel)

"Oh, yeah. Sorry."(Axe)

"Yeah?"(Rain)

"Uh, I mean. Where does this place connect to.....?"(Axe)

"It's the ...... river end."(Rain)

"Yeah, yeah, that's it. That's where they say the devil came."(Axe)

"The River End? How did it get there ......?"(Rai

"I don't know, but ...... there have been a lot of mysterious murders lately. So I looked into it, and ......"(Axe)

"I think we've found the devil."(Cel)

"Oh, my line!"(Axe)



 





Axe's face turned sultry, but Cel continued on.



"I heard that some of the defeat squads who happened to be there engaged in a fight."(Cel)

"What was the result?"(Rain)

"All of them got annihilated."(Cel)



 Cell says with a bitter look on her face.



 I heard that this urgent request cannot be accepted without a certain rank.

 And yet, none of us survived and they were all wiped out. ......



 Apparently, the enemy may be tougher than we thought.



"Just as a blessing in disguise, ...... we did get some information about the devil. It seems that the demon has left River End and is headed for Jisu."(Axe)

"We have a devil...... in this village."(Kanade)

"We haven't been able to control the information and the villagers know about it."(Cel)

"I see."(Rain)



 No wonder the whole village is on edge.



 The demon that destroyed the village of Pagos and wreaked havoc in River End is approaching.

 Knowing such a thing, anyone would be frightened.

 I was rather surprised that they were not panicking and rioting.



"What about the future operations?"(Rain)

"I checked with the guild, and they are planning to intercept the demons here in the vicinity of Jisu. A strike team is on its way here right now."(Cel)

"Will they make it in time?"(Rain)

'I don't know. ...... No new information about the demons. We don't know how mobile it is. Maybe it'll get here before the strike team does."(Cel)

"Then we'll have to do it ourselves."(Rain)

"Yes, we will."(Axe)



 It hurts that we don't have a strike team, but ......

 But we're not losing.

 We have everyone, and even if we're dealing with demon, we should be able to hold it off to a certain point.



 It's just that ......

The other party is an unidentified entity.

 I don't know how much power they have...... that's what worries me.

 I don't want to put everyone in danger if I can help it. ......



"Rain."(Tania)

"Yeah?"(Rain)



 Tania tapped me on the shoulder.

 Luna was looking at me with a serious face along with Tania.

 



"I guess you're thinking of something stupid right now, aren't you?"(Tania)

'He must have been thinking about how she didn't want to put us in danger or something like that."(Luna)



 Amazing. Can you two read minds?



"That's ......"(Rain)

"Don't underestimate us."(Tania)

"We'll be with Rain no matter what."(Luna)



 The others nodded at Luna's words.



"From what I've heard, these demons may be as powerful as our strongest species,......, or even as powerful as the demon tribe. But that doesn't mean we should run away."(Tania)

"I mean, there's no end to the dangers, is there? Even if it is a simple request, you may encounter unexpected dangers. ......'(Luna)

"If we were to worry about such things, there would be no end to it. We are friends, aren't we?"(Tania)

"It's nice of you to be concerned about us. But you know what? I don't want you to worry, I want you to trust us."(Luna)

"You can trust us with your back and fight with us. I'm more than happy if you feel that way."(Tania)

......, you're right."(Rain)



 I felt like I had woken up with their words.



 My party is not weak.

 My precious friends are right.

 I was so eager to lose it that I had made a terrible mistake.



 If I keep them away from danger, I will never be able to form a true bond with them.

 There are things that are born from being together at all times.

 I was so timid about not wanting to lose my friends that I seemed to have forgotten that.



"...... I understand. I mean, I'm sorry. You two are right, I was thinking weird things."(Rain)

'Oh my God,...... get a grip, will you? You're my master, so you should be more bold and poised."(Tania)

"Yes. You can be more brazen, my lord, can't you?"(Luna)

"Yes. I don't know if I can be brazen or not, but ...... well, I'll give it a try."(Rain)



 Sometimes I go the wrong way. ......

 Now I have friends who can correct me.

 I was very happy about that.



"Have you reached an agreement?"(Cel)



 Cel asked with a somewhat soft expression.


"Sorry to derail the conversation."(Rain)

"I don't mind. It's better to talk about it now than to have to do it at the last minute."(Cel)

"Let's get back to ......, but if push comes to shove, we'll intercept the demon ourselves. How much time do you think we have?"(Rain)

"Well,......, the River End event happened just the other day so I think we have a few days. Even if we assume that the devil is the strongest species, I don't think it will be able to travel a route that would take a human a week to traverse in less than a day."(Cel)

"I agree with you."(Rain)

"If the strike team can get there in time, good. If not, we will intercept them."(Cel)

"I would also like to set up traps to evacuate the residents, if possible. We're going to be busy."(Rain)

"Ney, ney, Rain."(Kanade)



 I'm going to be busy.



I try to think when Kanade tugs at my clothes.



"Yeah?"(Rain)

'I don't care about the devil you have made the plans, but what about the ...... hero?"(Kanade)

"I know ...... where you're coming from."(Rain)



 It's a headache.



"The hero destroyed the shrine that sealed the demon, right? And then he killed the adventurer who were there, too, right? He must be thinking of something bad! We have to question him."(Kanade)

"No, ......, that's not a good idea right now."(Rain)

"What? Why not?"(Kanade)

Kanade seemed to find my answer unexpected and made a curious face.

  Everyone else looked at me as if to say, "Why?"



"I don't know if it's true or not, but ...... Arios is a hero to everyone here. What do you think would happen if we found out that someone like that was actually planning something bad behind the scenes?"(Rain)

"Would they, uh,......, get angry?"(Kanade)

"Roughly correct. Normally, they would all start questioning Arios and all hell would break loose. That's a bad idea right now."(Rain)



 We have to be prepared for the devil's attack. ......

 If such a commotion occurs, it will not be just about the devil.

 It would be too late to intercept them, and if they were bad, they would destroy themselves.



"Then, then, do we leave the hero's party alone?"(Kanade)

'If possible, we don't want to do that. ......"(Rain)



 I don't intend to make a fuss.

 But I don't intend to leave them alone.



 Even if Arios had some kind of evidence against him, ......

 over time, they might get rid of it.

 Other clues might be also lost over time.



 So I would like to avoid that.

 If possible, I would like to talk to Arios and the others without ...... other people around me finding out about it. ......

 Now that the Arios are the heroes of the village,...... it would be difficult to deal with such a thing and completely eliminate the people around them.



"For the time being,...... we'll put the Arios behind us. Right now, we have to give top priority to intercepting the devil."(Rain)

"Nyah,......, that doesn't make me feel any better."(Kanade)

“Please be patient."(Rain)



 At the time,I said that



"Ahhhhhh, it's the devil! The demon has appeared!"(Villager A)



 The villagers' screams could be heard.


TL Note- The devil appears, a tri- confrontation is about to begin.  And i celebrated my birthday 🎂 yesterday. 3 cakes in a day.


Comments

Popular Posts