Evil Avalon


Chapter 105-familiar figure

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"No, no, no, ...... is this even possible?"



 At the clan party last night, I was exhausted  because I had a lot of things to think about, such as the Kinran-kai and the butler, in addition to the hard work of just trying to figure out how Mikami the Goshin was going to behave. So, as soon as I got home, I dove into bed and fell asleep as if I had fainted. When I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror, I saw a ...... familiar ・・・・ reflection.

 

 I had lost all the flab around my chin and waist just before I went to the clan party, and my abs were so ripped and slim that I could have been described as a fine macho ....... But the man on the other side of the mirror has regained his flabby body. I have gained about 20 kilograms, judging from how fat I have become.



 A normal person would gain a few kilograms a day at most, no matter how much he or she eats. But when I think about why I gained so much weight, I remember that I have a nasty skill called "gluttony. Perhaps it has the side effect of forcing me to convert excessive calorie intake into fat.

 

"...... No. Maybe it's possible that the weight loss itself was just my imagination."

 

 Although I was on a diet on a regular basis, it would be strange if I gained or lost so much weight every time I overeat or fight to the death. It was all a delusion. In any case, it doesn't change the fact that I'm fat now, so I'll just have to get myself together and keep dieting ...... haha.

 

 

   As I return to the living room to brush my teeth in a slightly depressed state, the arm terminal on the desk rings. Tapping the screen, I turn on video mode and see the smiling faces of Hanano and my mother. From the dimly lit, lonely scene behind her, it seems to be a transmission from the "party of the dead" with the Bloody Baron.
 

"Hey Onii! Mommy and Daddy have reached level 17! Can we go to the next hunting ground now?"

"Sota~ I've become a wizard! Come, burning flames! Fuyaa-......" 

"borooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

(TL: Burning flames sound)

 My mother floats a fireball the size of a person's head in her hand and shoots it vigorously toward the Corpse Warrior that popped up a few dozen meters away. When the fireball lands at their feet, it makes a low thumping sound and a cloud of dust rises up, creating a crater several meters wide. The corpse warrior was blown away about 10 meters and turned into a magic stone.

 

 It seems that magic of that class is powerful enough to kill a monster level 16 or so with a single blow. However, it is a difficult technique to use because it has a long cooldown time and cannot be used again for 10 minutes after a single shot.



 The camera then spins around and looks in a different direction. In the back of the room, we see an adventurer wearing heavy metal gear running around with a large sword. He was wearing a helmet, so I couldn't make out his face, but most probably it's my father. When I first came to this world, he was complaining of a sore back, but now he is able to run so powerfully while wearing armor heavier than his own body weight and wielding a large sword. Physical strengthening sure is a great thing.



 Hanano, who had been excited to see her parents' level of improvement, suddenly stares at me and makes a close-up face, I was wondering what she was thinking when.

 

"Wait a minute. Onii, have you gained weight again?"

'Really? I look the same as before."

"Yesterday you were so skinny! Mom Look at this picture."



 Hanano showed my mother a picture of me taken last night, and she began to make a fuss about it. I guess it wasn't my imagination that I looked so skinny yesterday. I proceeded to talk with her, vowing to stop eating recklessly.

 

'Let's go to a new hunting ground, as we have decided for a long time."

"Yay! I'll be waiting for you at the gate."

"Dad - Sota said he would take me to the new hunting ground. Let's get ready!"

 

 I cut off the communication while looking at the faces of my sister and mother, who were in high spirits. I'm glad to hear that my dad and mom have been doing well while I've been out of action in the class competition. I'll get ready and join them.

 

 

 

 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...

 

 

 

 As I was locking the door behind me, Akagi, Tachiki-kun, Pink-chan, and Kaworu came out of the house across the street - in other words, Kaworu's house - wearing black-colored Demon Wolf protective gear. It was the always familiar hero party.

 

'Oh? Good morning!"

"...... Oh, hey. Good morning."



 Akagi-kun noticed me and suddenly approached me and greeted me, so I stepped back and greeted him back.  It is just like when he first entered the school. It may be a good trend for the class, but I'm concerned because it was much later in the game that he got into this state. ...... I wonder if something happened in the inter-class competition.

 Behind him, Kaworu rolls his eyes and says, "You've gained weight again, why?" 

I would like to answer  her why, but all I can say is, "Because I ate too much." 

But I am impressed that the four of them still get together and go hunting the day after the inter-class competition is over.



"No, that's not it. We're going to practice today. Would you like to go with us?"



 I thought they were going hunting, but it turned out to be practice. But it's just like in the game when he doesn't read the atmosphere and tries to invite me, the hated villain, to join him. I wonder if this is the quality of a protagonist. But behind him, Pink-chan is shaking her head in rejection. This little animal-like gesture is kind of soothing, isn't it? Kaworu, on the other hand, lightly put his hand on his chin and made a gesture as if she was thinking about something.

 (tL: I almost forgot how they were.)

'...... I guess so. I think it would be nice to go with you once in a while."



 I thought she was going to refuse too, but she agreed with Akagi-kun. Although I wanted to find out her true intentions, Tachiki immediately turned against it.

 

 

 "Omiya said she would give us a lecture today, tailored to our level. But if we mix in people who aren't on our level, we'll get ourselves in trouble, won't we?"

[...... (kokukoku)]"



 When Tachiki-kun expressed his concern, Pink-chan nodded her head at high speed as if to say that he was right. I remember Satsuki once told me that Akagi and her friends were not able to level up well because they couldn't use the gate and she wanted to help them. I'm sure Lisa will be there to support them, so it won't be a problem if I'm not there.

 

 Besides, I am a man who can read the air. I wouldn't go out of my way to intrude on a party where the main characters are close friends. In fact, I had to decline because I had an appointment to hunt with my family today.

 

"I've got some business to attend to, so I'll pass. But thanks for inviting me."

I see. But I think you might actually be a great guy. I'd like to hunt with you next time, so please think about it. Thanks."

"...... what does that mean?"

 

 Kaworu, who was listening beside me, was dubious as to what he meant by "actually a great guy". According to Akagi, the only reason I was able to make it to the 20th floor of the dungeon at the depths reached in the interclass competition was because I was determined to make sure that Class E would win. Otherwise, it would have been difficult to even set foot in the undead zone infested with superior monsters, or so he thought.

 

"Hmmm. Yuma certainly has a point. If that's the case, I'll be looking forward to working with you next time."



 Tachiki-kun, perhaps having something on his mind, lightly bows his head and invites me to go with him next time. In fact, I couldn't refuse to carry his baggage and just went along with him on the sly,......, but thinking about fooling the  handsome man who doesn't suspect people of wrongdoing makes me a little guilty .

 

 But as for Tachiki-kun, he is a person who usually does a lot for the class, so I would like to do something for him. I'm going to throw a message of support to Satsuki today.

 

"I'm going to go now. See you later, um, ......"

"It's Narumi, Yuma."

"See you later, Narumi."

 (TL:Ge didn't remember  even the name.)

 With that, the main character's party was gone. Akagi, who is very popular because he is very witty and kind to everyone, apparently doesn't remember my name. Well, I'm just a mob character after all. I guess it can't be helped.





 

  *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...



 

 

 I creep up to the dimly lit classroom on the first basement floor of the school. I peeked inside and saw a girl in a robe polishing a dagger with lighted magic tools and cleaning tools. But there is only one person there.

 

"Hanano. Where are father and mother?"

"Oh, onii. Dad and mom are on the 10th floor shopping ...... but they're back already."



 As I was asking where they were, the gate pattern behind me began to glow purple, and a man in full plate armor appeared from inside, carrying a large leather bag like Santa Claus. When he noticed us, he lifted his face mask and smiled.

 
 "Have you come, Sota? I've brought you a lot."



 My father is wearing mithril alloy armor all over his body. Although the total cost of this equipment would be more than 10 million yen if he bought it, he was able to get a complete set for about 2 million yen as a processing fee because he prepared all the materials by himself. He had a longing for full plate armor since long ago, and he even slept with it in his arms when he had it all.

 

Next out of the gate was the mother. She was wearing reddish-brown colored light armor made of the skin of a minotaur-type monster called a bull demon. Most metal armors are incompatible with wizards because they impair the passage of magic. Therefore, wizards basically use cloth or leather products, and the mother follows suit.

 

 The two of them set down the leather sacks they were carrying. Each of them must have weighed about 100 kg. Hanano, who was nearby, picks her nose and frowns.

 

"I knew it smelled bad."



 A sour ammonia smell spreads from the leather bag. The reason is that there is a lot of "carrion" inside, which is dropped by undead monsters. I had left it unattended because I had no use for it and could not sell it for much money, but today I needed a lot of it, so I told them to collect it for me.



"I have a few hundred of these, but what are you going to do with ...... so many?

"I'm going to use them to catch monsters. It's called hunting worms."

"Worms? We're going to catch them?"



 We are going to the DLC expansion area on the 21st floor. The field map is sparsely populated with short trees like a savanna. Since I was able to register the magic power of the 20th floor during the class competition, it was only a matter of time before I could get to the 21st floor. It would be better to explain how to hunt and what monsters are there.



"Then I'll open the gate and you can go in."

"I know the 20th floor is in the building known as Devil's Castle, right? I've seen pictures of it, but I'm looking forward to it."

"I guess so. I heard that only the best adventurers can reach this place. I guess the time has finally come for us to go there.."

 

 My mother said anxiously and my father was deeply moved. But we can't let him be satisfied with this level yet; he has to be strong enough to take out the monsters on the 20th floor with a single punch while humming a song.

 

 I placed my hand on the wall carved with geometric patterns and slowly poured magic power into it. Immediately, a purple light ran along the grooves in the pattern, and the gate opened with a low-frequency sound.

 

"We're on the 20th floor for the first time, and I'm the first to get in."

"Dad, you take that one.'

"I'll take that one. Okay, let's go for it!"



 Hanano jumps in first, followed by her mother and father with leather bags on their backs. This hunt is easy, so let's take it easy. So, I went in, too.

 

 

 

"'It's dark. I'll turn on the light."



 Hanano pulls out a small lantern-like magical tool from her pocket and channels magic power into it, illuminating the area with a bulb-colored light.

 

 Although this gated room is about the same size as the classroom, the entire surface is covered with large stone tiles, giving the room a feeling of being in a ruin. But even in such a place, the family scurries around and looks at their surroundings with interest.



"We can go straight to the 21st floor, but the shortest way is to go up the ladder from the narrow passage on the left. In the meantime, I'll share the MAP data of the 20th floor with you  ...... hmm? I hear something."



 As I was explaining, I heard someone singing from far away. It was a husky, high-pitched voice, like a boy's before his voice changed. And isn't this melody the opening theme of ...... Dun Ex? It's been a few days since the competition, but what in the world is he doing?


TL Note- Any guesses for the singer? Answer in the comments. 


 

Comments

  1. No one comments anymore 😭

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, that's not how weight gain works. Wtf? You don't gain back 50+ LBS just from one night of eating. You're telling me Gluttony fks him over that bad? wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daymmm bro is gaining and losing weight simultaneously in no time at all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts