The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 119-Preparing for the future

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Special training ......?"(Rain)



 I was taken aback by these unexpected words.

 Like me, everyone else seemed to be wondering the same thing.



 It doesn't ring a bell when I suddenly hear the term "special training".

 Or rather, what kind of special training is it?

 Normally, I'd say it's for honing combat skills. ......

But why would I do that?



"Well,...... that special training is for fighting, right?"(Rain)

"Yes, it is. Is there anything else other than that?"(Suzu)



 When I asked, Suzu-san nodded with a smile.

 I wondered if Suzu-san would come up with some kind of strange training. Honestly I was a little bit worried about that.

 She seems to be an easy person to understand, but in fact, she is a person who is anything  but easy to understand.



"Why are we talking about this?"(Rain)

"Well, ......, I'll tell you the truth right off the bat, okay?"(Suzu)

'Yes, go ahead I'm all ears."(Rain)

"Because Rain-san and the others are weak."(Suzu)

"Ugh."(Rain)



 You really came right to the point, didn't you?

 You say what you want to say.



 However, there are some things I don't agree with .......

 We've only been together for a short time, but I think we've had a fair amount of experience. ......

To be precise we've had my fair share of experiences in visiting various places and fighting  various people and monsters.

 But to be called weak is a little disconcerting.

 Suzu-san seemed to see right through my inner thoughts.

 



"I'm sorry, I don't mean to put you down. I just think that you might be a bit proud of yourselves. Again, I'm going to be very clear: .......Do you  Rain-san consider yourself strong?"(Suzu)

"That's ......."(Rain)



 When asked that question, I am at a loss for words.



 Are we strong?

 Do we have power?



 There is a part of me that cannot answer clearly.

 I think back to the time when we fought the demon tribe.

 At that time, we all fought with all our might, but we could not strike a decisive blow. We let the battle drag on.



 What if it had been one-on-one?

 What if one of us had been missing?

 We would not have been able to defeat the demon tribe, and they might still be on the loose.

 A great deal of damage might have been created.



 After all, ......

 We're just relying on our numbers and high specs.



"You don't say anything back, which means you approve of what I say, correct?"(Suzu)



 Suzu-san  says so as if peeping in my mind.

 It's a little frustrating to admit, but ......

 But there was no point in being vain here, so I gave a small nod.



"I don't think I am strong."(Rain)

"Even though you have Kanade  and others who  belong to the strongest of the species? Even Rain-san himself, who holds all of them together, has signed many contracts and obtained various powers?"(Suzu)

"I think their specs are as high as anyone else's. I think we are all strong.  Just ......"(Rain)

"Just?"(Suzu)

"We don't have the skills to fight."(Rain)



 We all have never had any combat training.

 Kanade ran away from her village because she wanted to see the outside world, so she hasn't honed her fighting skills.

 Nina is still a child and was just enshrined, so there is no need to talk about it.



 Tania is said to have been on a training trip, but we have not heard that she learned combat skills in earnest.

 Sora and Luna are said to have learned attack magic in order to protect the gate leading to the village of the spirit tribe, but they don't seem to have learned how to handle it efficiently.



 Nina is just a ghost, so she never had a chance to do any fighting.



 And I am self-taught in everything except taming skills.

 When I was in the heroes' party, I was only assigned to chores, and that wasn't enough for me. ......

 I didn't do anything to hone my combat skills after that.



 I never encountered a situation where I would need ...... combat skills.



"Up until now, we've been through a lot of things,...... but we were able to overcome those things because of everyone's high specs,...... I guess."(Rain)

"I see."(Suzu)

Suzu-san nodded in agreement with my words.

 Then she clapped his hands together and said with a smile, 



"Yes, you passed."(Suzu

"What?"(Rain)

"It is difficult to admit one's own weakness. ......, but  Rain-san was able to face himself and admit his weaknesses. That is not easy to do. As long as you don't forget that kind of attitude, you can be stronger."(Suzu)

"Hah ......"(Rain)



 I don't know about it, but it seems I was being tested without knowing it.



 

 From the look of Kanade, it seems that Suzu-san often does this kind of thing.



 What would have happened if he had not passed the current trial?

 Would  I have  been...... given up on, I wonder?



"Here we go back to the beginning of the story."(Suzu)



 Suzu-san continues to talk, still with an emotionally unreadable smile on his face.



"As  Rain-san said, you all have high specs, but you are not making the most of them. So, you struggled against me. Right?"(Suzu)

"Well, ......."(Tania)

'That's right.......'(Kanade)



 Tania and Kanade reluctantly admitted.

 While they ooze frustration, but, on the other hand, they don't make excuses for their poor performance.

 Such an attitude seemed to be favorable to Suzu-san, and she smiled at them.



"I believe that admitting weakness is a strength. What is wrong is not being able to face one's own strengths and weaknesses."(Suzu)

'Nyaa...... mother, is that a compliment?"(Kanade)

"I am happy for you, mother is happy, that Kanade-chan has grown up so well."(Suzu)

"Nyaa,......, I have mixed feelings about it."(Kanade)



 Well, being praised for admitting that you are weak will not make you feel very good.

 In the end, we were only reminded of our own lack of ability.



"But we have gotten out of topic."(Suzu)



 Suzu-san, who had gotten sidetracked, returned to the topic herself.



"I don't want to bring Kanade-chan back to you anymore. But I'm worried about her. Shouldn't she learn to fight a little more?I think. Conveniently, I don't have a problem if I don't go back to my village yet. ...... If you want, I can teach you how to fight. I'd like to talk about that."(Suzu)

"I see. ......"(Kanade)

"You and Rain will continue to work as adventurers, won't you? Don't you think it is necessary to train for such a time?"(Suzu)

"...... Please wait a moment."(Rain)



 Suzu-san has a point.

 

 Since the battle with the demons the other day, I have been thinking about it.

 If we continue to rely on our physical strength in battle, one day we may reach a dead end.

 It might be better to acquire real combat skills while we can afford it.



 Although I haven't told everyone about it yet, ......

 It's something I've been secretly thinking about.



 So the timing is good. ......

 But what do everyone else think?

 I can't decide on my own.



"What do you think Kanade?"(Rain)

'Hmm ...... I guess I agree. I also think that I am a little short in my strength,...... and if I could get my mother, who is the strongest of the cat spirit tribe, to give me special training, I could be much stronger,...... and that would help Rain a lot more...... and then Rain could praise me,......hehehehe."(Kanade)

"Yeah?"(Rain)

'Nyah, it doesn't matter to be honest! But anyway, I guess I agree."(Kanade)



 Although she was acting somewhat suspicious, Kanade voted in favor of it.


"What about Tania?"(Rain)

"I'm with you."(Tania)

"I'm a little surprised. I thought you'd be rebellious, like not wanting if someone else would teach you."(Rain)

"What do you think I am, anyway? Well, I was against it if I was going to be taught by someone halfway ......, but I have no problem with Suzu-san. My goal is to become a professional, so if I can be strong, I welcome it."(Tania)



 Tania also voted in favor .......

 What about Sora and Luna?



"I see. ...... what about Sora and Luna?"(Rain)

"Sora is ......."(Sona)

"We vote yes!"(Luna)



 Luna shouted loudly as she pushed Sora out of the way.



I" have been thinking about it for a long time. I want to be stronger. I want to make this power ...... known to the world. If you want to train me for that, I'll be happy to do it."(Luna)

"Is that your motive, ......?"(Rain)

"Sora also thinks that she and Luna could have done many things if she had more power. The other day when we were dealing with the demon tribe, we were able to minimize the damage. I don't want to have that kind of frustration, so I want to work harder ......."(Luna)

"Mmmm, don't speak for my thoughts without my permission!"(Sora)

"But Sora also feels the same way like Luna."(Luna)


 It would be easier for me to understand if you just said it normally. 

  I can't help but chuckle.



"What about Nina?"(Rain)

"I'm ......  I'm ......."(Nina)

"Calm down. You can talk at your own pace and say what you think."(Rain)

"I'm not really helping,...... but everyone has been so kind to me,...... but I'm so sorry,...... If I can be of help,......, I'll do my best."(Nina)

"I see......Yes, I understand how Nina feels."(Rain)



 It's not that Nina isn't helpful or anything like that,......

 But I didn't  mentioned it to her.

 I don't know if I can get through to her if I just say the words.

 These things are about the person's feelings.

 If she wants to train to improve her feelings, there is no reason to oppose it.



 "Well, ...... lastly, what do you think of Tina? Well, I think it would be difficult for Tina to fight or something."(Rain)

"Me? I'm all for it."(Tina)

"Really? I thought you wouldn't agree."(Rain)

"If I can fight, I want to fight, too. If that's what the training is for, I'm willing to do it. I want to repay my debt to Rain and everyone else."(Tina)

"I see."(Rain)



 Everyone seems to be of one mind.

 I turn to Suzu.



'Well, ...... you may have already figured it out from what I just said, but ...... special training, can I ask you to do it?'(Rain)

"Yes, leave it to me♪"(Suzu)

TL Note- The training arc begins, As no one oppressed mt TL stye and some even liked it so I will continue with this , Thanks for Reading . I forgot who is Nina and Tina.



Comments

Popular Posts