I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1-: Children of the Commoners




Chapter 47-: Official Residence of a Daimyo's Successor, Daikantei





(TL By GUST)











After that, we were rocked by the carriage for a while, and when it started to get dark, we arrived at a slightly larger town.








 In the towns of the duchy, except for the territorial capital, they are managed by the magistrate. In small towns, the magistrate's residence is also small, but in large towns, it seems to be a fairly luxurious building. It seems that the magistrate's residence is built by a duke's family, so there is also a meaning to show authority.






 This city is quite big and the magistrate's residence is also large, so it seems there's plenty of room for us to stay here.







 A horse-drawn carriage passed through the city, entered the grounds of the magistrate's residence, and stopped in front of the entrance. The servant gets off first, then me, Frederick-sama and I get off the carriage in the same order as before.






 In front of the magistrate's residence, there was a line of people dressed like magistrates, and a lot of servants behind them. There are quite a lot of users.






 I heard about it earlier in the carriage, but it seems that governors in big towns are basically the third sons of lower-ranking nobles. Rather than working as an official in the royal palace, there are quite a few people who are hired by nobles and become governors. The magistrate of this town is one of them, and it seems that he was the third son of a baron. You're a quasi-aristocrat.







 The man who had bowed his head in front of the mansion raised his face. He is an old man who looks to be in his forties. He has a big belly and is quite fat.




“We have been waiting for you.





 The old man said so with a smile. She looks very friendly... but she has a smile that seems to have a secret side. Why do you think so? 





 It's kind of a fake smile. It's like flattering someone in power...





 For now, let's not get too close.





“Morgan, it’s been a while.




“Dear Richard, it’s been a while.





 Is this uncle called Mr. Morgan? We enter the mansion with Mr. Morgan's guidance. The construction of the mansion wasn't much different from the duke's mansion in the royal capital. It's just that it's simpler and smaller than that mansion. I feel calmer like this.







 Or rather, if this mansion were in Japan, it would be quite a mansion. It seems that I too have become tainted with the values ​​of this world.







 The guest room where we stay seems to be on the second floor, and Richard and the others will be guided from the back room by climbing the stairs.






“Richard, please use this room. Catherine is here, Frederick is here.”






 I thought it would be me next, but my room wasn't shown. Why...?






“Morgan, where is Leon’s room?





“I understand. However, I am very sorry, but there are only these three guest rooms.





"A servant's room? Aren't there other rooms? Isn't that a guest room?"






 When Mr. Richard heard that, it seemed that Mr. Morgan's face was slightly impatience. However, since I'm still short, I could see my expression from below, so I noticed it, but other people probably didn't notice it.








“We are using it as a storeroom. Up until now, there have never been more than three people here, so I thought it would be better to effectively use the other rooms as a storeroom………… I'm very sorry for doing something selfish."











 It's a strange story to use a room that can be used as a guest room as a storeroom. Is it really so?






 Even though I was a little skeptical, I kept silent because it would be confusing if I said anything here.






"Morgan, you have a room, so make sure it's properly arranged as a guest room. Add two or three more guest rooms. Until now, it just happened to be three or less."





"I'm very sorry."






"So what are we going to do today..."





 Richard began to worry. I'm a commoner, so I don't mind if it's a servant's room.





 I panicked and told him so.







"Richard-sama, I don't mind if I stay in the servant's room."





"No, but treating you like that..."





"However, it's out of the question for me to use the room and someone else to use the servant's room. It's only for one day."






 When I said that, Richard seemed to be quite worried, but in the end he agreed.





"Then, I'm really sorry, Leon-kun, can you use the servant's room?"









"yes"





 That's how the conversation ended, I parted from the duke's family, and was guided to the servant's room with Roger.







"Please use this"






 Mr. Morgan uses polite words for the time being, but he looks at me with disdainful eyes.





 Ah, this person is the type of noble who looks down on commoners. Could it be that they didn't want to put me, a commoner, in a luxurious room about the guest room just now?







"thank you"





 When I said that, Mr. Morgan stared at me and left.





 Is that person stupid?




 Don't you understand the meaning of Richard-sama going out of his way to request you to be treated the same as yourself? Earlier, Richard hesitated to let me use the servant's room. If you think about it a little, you can guess that he is a rather important guest.







 If I look at the guest like that, won't they realize that if I touch Richard-sama, it will be over in an instant? Perhaps, the idea that he, a nobleman, can do anything to a commoner is deeply rooted in him.







 Mr. Morgan may have been well hidden in front of Richard and the others, but doesn't he belong to the hostile forces of the Duke of Townsend? It might be better to tell Richard about it.





 Huh. It's only one night, but it looks like it's going to be a hassle.






 After thinking that far, Roger came to the room.





“Leon-sama, you have lent me the servant’s room next door, so I will be staying there.





"Yes, thank you"




“Even so, to let Leon-sama, a guest of the Duke’s household, use such a room.”







 Roger was plainly frowning. It's rare to show emotion.






"And this room is a little dusty."





"That's right. It's easy, so can you clean it?"




"Understood"







 I've been thinking this since I entered this room, but it's pretty dusty. It probably hasn't been cleaned.






 If you harass me in such an easy-to-understand manner, won't you realize that you're pushing yourself? I'm a little too stupid to be angry on the contrary.







 If I tell Mr. Richard what I said and what happened in this room, Mr. Morgan might get fired right away, but if he's a good governor, shouldn't he do that? All I have to do is endure the night.










 But since it's a way of thinking that clashes with the power of the Duke of Townsend, is it better to get fired? I still don't know the reality of nobles, so I don't know. Power and work may be different.







 Just wait and see.








 Roger cleaned the room and brought me a bucket of water to wipe my body.






“Leon-sama, there is no bath in this room, so would you mind just wiping your body today?”






"Just wipe it off and you'll be fine, thank you."






 With Roger's help, I cleansed my body and changed into the clothes I would wear inside the house.






 After a while, it seemed that it was time for dinner, and the servant of this mansion guided me to the dining room. The servants are just trying not to go against Mr. Morgan, and they don't seem to think about actively harming me. Well, I'm just a commoner, so I wouldn't do such a risky thing.





 When I went to the dining room, Mr. Morgan was already sitting and the duke's family was not there, so I was prepared to do something again, but Frederick-sama came soon and I got it. I'm kind of tired...







Comments

Popular Posts