I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.


Volume 5-: Lesser Elf Village



Chapter 6-: Hear stories of secret coves!



(TL By GUST)






The wind that suddenly felt on my cheek made me stutter.





 The house had just been crafted and the windows hadn't been opened, so there was no way a draft would come in.





 Moreover, the wind I felt just now was cold, not warm outside.






"What's wrong?"






"No, it looks like the wind is blowing from somewhere... and it smells a little strange."





"HM……"





"Ah, see you again."








 I look back in the direction the wind is blowing.







 There was only a large, spacious room, but in the middle of it was the same hole that had opened its mouth.







 And the wind seems to flow into the house from within.








"After all, the wind is blowing from that hole."







 Not all the time, but sometimes the wind seems to blow out of the hole, and every time it blows, it caresses my face a little coldly.








"So tonight is the full moon?"







"Do you know anything?"







 When I answered the question to Holy Beast-sama who was looking up at the ceiling, Holy Beast-sama lowered his face and answered.









"Umu. On nights with a full moon, the tide level around this island seems to drop a bit... only then does the mouth of the cove at the end of that hole open."







 Cove?






 What's in that hole?







"Mr. Rest"







"You felt it too, didn't you? The wind coming from that hole?"







"Yes. I can also feel the wind coming from that hole. But."









 Kieda placed the plate of sweets she received from Terrine in the middle of the desk and said, "For now, let's hear from the two of you first."







 Certainly from now on, I remember that we were preparing to tell that story.









"Certainly so."








 When I returned my eyes to the table through the hole, I waited for Terrine to sit down and opened my mouth.








"Well then, everyone. Shall we talk while eating tea and sweets?"









     ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆








"Now then, what should we talk about?"





``Wouldn't it be better to first get to the cove beyond that hole?``







"I see. Then I will talk about it, so if you have any supplements please ask Holy Beast-sama."






"Umu, leave it to me. Could we speak instead?"







"No, I can't afford to bother Holy Beast-sama. I'm here."







"……Really. It can't be helped if you say that much."









 It must be because it would be uselessly long if I absolutely let the Holy Beast-sama speak.






 It was the moment when the hearts of everyone except Holy Beast-sama became one.








"Well then, first of all, the place beyond that hole--"







 The village chief tells a story he heard from the previous village chief.







 At the end of that hole, just like Holy Beast-sama said, there's a cove that's usually hidden.







 The road leading to the cove is not a beautiful tunnel like the one I crafted for landing, but a hole made by some natural phenomenon or something. seems to be the way








 And it is said that the wind from outside the island flows into the cove only on nights with a full moon.






 Because, except for that day, the entrance to the cove seems to be hidden under the sea.







"However, if you are a powerful person like me, you can invade if you dive into the sea."






"Did you dive in?"






"...I don't want to tell you why I came to this island."





"Is that so? Then it can't be helped."






 I don't think it's a good reason anyway, and I'd be in trouble if I tried to force myself to find out.





 Besides, it seems meaningless to know why Holy Beast-sama came to this island, so I asked the village chief to continue the story without pursuing it strangely.







"The story ahead... is that it? That's all about what's beyond that hole."






"No, I was wondering if you could tell me why you guys came to this island."






 When Koritoko first arrived, he was surprised to find that there were indigenous peoples on the island.





 However, judging from their words and the state of the village, it doesn't seem like it's been that long since they moved to this island.






 Above all, it was strange that the language was understood normally.







"Is that so? That being said, I don't want to talk too much about this situation, just like Holy Beast-sama..."





"I wouldn't say it's impossible."




"... that's fine. From now on, we would like you to cooperate with us, and it may be a good opportunity to have you listen."







 So the village chief moistened his lips with tea, looked around us, and asked us first.





"How old do I look now?"








Comments

Popular Posts