The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 110-: Tin's Trial (Part 1)



(TL By GUST)











It was decided to conduct a test to confirm whether Kanade was a full-fledged person.







 If he passes the test, Suzu-san will quietly go home.








 However, if he fails, Kanade will be taken back to the village.








 Such a promise was exchanged.







 And it was decided that Mr. Suzu's test would be carried out immediately.







 Get out of the house and out of town.







 After walking for a while, we came to the forest.









"Now then, the first test."









 Suzu-san, who was walking in the lead, stopped when she entered the deep part of the forest to some extent.







 Turn around and look at us.








 ……By the way, it’s noon now, so Tina is at home.









 Everyone said they would be needed for the final test, so we'll be joining them later...









 Tina was depressed when she couldn't help at a time like this.








 I'll have to follow up later.









 That aside.



 Now I have to pass Suzu-san's test.







 Let's think about that.








"The first test will confirm your bond."






"bond?"







“I heard that Kanade-chan is an adventurer together with everyone. For adventurers, cooperation with friends is important. In other words, bonds are important. If we can't build it, we won't be able to continue for a long time."









 It makes sense.





 I didn't say anything wrong.






 But how do you measure a bond?








"Actually... Among all of you, there is only one person who cooperates with me."






"e?"







"I talked to you in advance and had you become my ally."





"That's what it is..."








 I can't help but look at everyone's faces.





 Everyone shook their heads in unison, as if they didn't know that.







"It's no use trying to confirm. I won't break my mouth easily."






"Why on earth would you do that..."






"At first, when it was difficult to bring back Kanade-chan, it was to help me persuade him... but since it's a good opportunity, I decided to use it for a test. The first test is to find the traitor among you. If you're building a real bond, that should be easy, right?"






"..."






“By the way, Mr. Rain is not a traitor. I guarantee that.






“Should I find someone who is connected to Suzu-san?”







"Yes, that's what it is. Um, well... I think it would be difficult without any hints, so I'll allow each question to be asked once. However, if you get the answer wrong even once, It's over at this point. I'm out. Failure is not allowed, right?"






"... It's a big responsibility."





“Rain, do your best!”







 Kanade is supporting us.







 I can't afford to fail this test!








 A traitor connected to Suzu-san behind the scenes... huh?







 To tell the truth, when I heard the story, I had arrived at a certain answer.







 But I'm not 100% confident.





 To get confirmation, let's ask everyone a question.







 First is Tania.







 That's right. What questions should I ask Tania?






 After thinking for a while, spin the words.







“What does Tania think of Kanade?”







"Even if you ask me... I-I don't think anything of it, you know? It's strange, but I don't think of you as an important friend... but well, if you're gone, it's lonely... so , is against








"I see, thank you."








 Next, I have a question for Sora.









 Well, what do we do?







 If Sora is a quick thinker, he might have reached the same idea as me.






 Considering that possibility... let's ask honestly.








"Who do you think is the traitor, Sora?"







"That's a stupid question. Isn't the answer already set in Rain?"







"Is that Sora's answer?"







"That's right. Sora supports Rain's idea."






"I see... Thank you."







 Next is Luna.








 Luna has great intuition.







 Like Sora, she has a quick wit, but she has the sharpest intuition after Kanade.







 The question for Luna is...









“Luna, what do you think of Suzu-san?”






"What do you mean?"






"You just have to answer what you think. Are you a good mother or something like that?"







“Fumu, right… I think you’re a good mother, don’t you? She’s a little pushy, though. mosquito"







"I see"







 Finally, a question for Nina.









 Nina is young, but...






 Therefore, you can see through things with pure eyes.






 Let me count on it.








"How does Nina take the meaning of this test?"






"Um...?"







"Would you mind telling me what you think?"






"Nn... I think it's just as you said... I don't think it has any other purpose or something like that..."







"Like you said, you're going to test our bond?"






"……Hmm"






"Okay, I understand. Thank you."






End of question.





 I stroke Nina's head.







“This is the end of question time.






"waited"






"Maybe you want some time to think? I don't mind if it's just a little bit, but you can't wait too long, can you?"







"You haven't finished asking questions yet."






"e?"







"I haven't asked Mr. Suzu a question."






"……I see"








 Grinning, Suzu-san laughs.








 Somehow it looks like it's having fun... and yet it's a fearless smile.








"Yes, I don't mind. If you don't ask me any questions, it's unfair. Please ask me anything, but only one, right?"







“Do you think that bringing him back to the village is the best thing for Kanade?”








 I asked questions without hesitation.








 This seems to have nothing to do with this test.






 That's why Suzu-san made a dubious face and paused to answer.








"Um... what does that mean? Does it have to do with testing?"







"It may or may not be related. More importantly, can you answer me?"







"... That's right. I think it's the best for Kanade-chan."







"Why?"







"As I said earlier, Kanade-chan is still a child. It's too early to go outside. That's the reason."







"I see"






"Are you satisfied with this?"






"Yes. I understand what you want to know."







 The last question is a bonus.







 I simply wanted to know what Suzu-san thought.







 To Suzu-san, Kanade is still a child...






 Suzu-san won't be convinced unless this test makes her change her mind.







 With that in mind, we have to think about the future.






 first test?





 If so, it's the same as having cleared it.







"Then, give me your answer. Who is the traitor I'm communicating with?"






"that is……"







 See everyone once.






 Tania, Sora, Luna, Nina.






 Among them, the one who is connected to Mr. Suzu is...








"There is no such person. That is the answer."






"……I see"



 When I said it clearly, Suzu-san opened her eyes wide once……








 After that, he looked at me with a kind of amusing feeling.








"What do you mean? You didn't understand?"








"No, it's not. The answer is that none of us are connected to Suzu-san."







"I see, I see……"





“Saying something that will make you fall into suspicion and make me search for the culprit who shouldn’t be there……is that your purpose, Suzu-san?”







"..."








"Here, for example... Let's say I nominated Tania. Then, I was made to dance with Mr. Suzu's information and became suspicious of Tania. Is there a bond as a companion there? Yes. Can not be"







"..."





"The correct answer to this test is that no one should doubt your comrades.... Trust your comrades without being deceived by extraneous words. That is the answer Suzu-san is looking for. Is it wrong?" ”









 little silence.








 ……After a while, Suzu-san smiled softly.






 And clapping and clapping.






"It's amazing. Everything is as Mr. Rain says."






"Nyaa...mother, it's a mean problem..."





"This is also what I did to test everyone's bonds."








 Suzu-san answered calmly to her daughter's reproach.






 As expected, somehow...





 Suzu's nerves are overwhelmingly superior.









"Anyway, did you understand well? When did you notice the answer?"





"There was no absolute confirmation, but when I heard the problem."







"Huh? From the beginning?"








 That answer seemed to be unexpected, and Suzu-san made a surprised face.








 But for me, it's a natural answer.






 There's no way he'll be one of my companions to cooperate in returning Kanade to the village.






 Everyone believes in Kanade, counts on him, and wants them to be together.





 I don't doubt that.




 So, I realized that everything was Suzu-san's bluff... a lie.









 When I told him that, Suzu-san's eyes widened again... then she smiled gently.








"I see... Kanade-chan seems to have been blessed with really good friends."




"I'm a proud companion"






Comments

Popular Posts