Evil Avalon


Chapter 88-Small Secret Room

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"Gushaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Sinu gai dai dai!"

(ohohoh ...... scary!)



 Lesser Demon moves a huge magic circle with a victorious look on its face and sets its sights on me. Even a single shot is several times more powerful than the magic used by most monsters, but firing a thousand of them at me makes me think about the balance of the game.

 

 I suppose I could have dealt with it by making full use of various items and skills, but I can't take either of those options now. The only decent armor I have on me is a pair of mithril pincers, and the only armor I have is a pigskin light armor that was sitting in the dust at home. 

 

(Besides, those two are watching.)

 

 Even though it's already been troublesome enough, I want to get through this difficult situation while keeping the skills I show to a minimum. Then what to do? Of course, I have a secret plan.



 There are stone floors all over this boss area. In the game, there was a vertical hole that led to the gate room by moving one of the stone floors, and I checked first when I came in to see if the same structure was used here.

 

 Once summoned and engaged in battle, movement is restricted and you cannot go outside or go to the gate room, but you can go in and out of the vertical hole and the small room directly below it. The strategy is to get into the hole and get out of his reckless madness.

 

 The only thing I have  to keep in mind is that I must not be noticed by the Lesser Demon when I enter the pit. If I was to be discovered, the entire pit would be destroyed, or the hate would be reset and the target of the magic bullets would be directed at Amama and the others.



 The plan was to enter the pit after the magic bullets were fired and a cloud of smoke rose, making it difficult for them to see me.

 

 I think they will not aim for a direct hit at first, but will shoot in a spiral to scare me, so I just have to be careful of the blast and avoid them as well. If it was like that in the game and in the case things are not like of the game, I might die.

 

 The more I try to calmly grasp the situation, the funnier it gets. I try to look into the Lesser Demon's goat face to see if he'll go easy on me if I whine, but it doesn't look like he'll forgive me, so I move stealthily closer to the pit so I can escape into it anytime I want.



(Hopefully, ...... it is coming!)



 The giant magic circle glows and dozens of high-density blue magic bullets are summoned at the same time. They float for a few seconds, then suddenly accelerate and flash down, turning my field of vision completely blue. Even at level 20, the trajectory of the magic bullets is so fast that I can only see a few of them.

 

 Even so, it was enough for me to see that the bullets shot in a spiral pattern just like in the game. Immediately after I quickly moved in a spiraling motion from the point of impact, there were several explosions, the stone floor shattered, and the fragments scattered with great force.

 

 Slightly less dusty than expected, I release a fleeing claymore into the ground and slides in, opening the entrance to let my body in.

 

'Haa...... haa...... had I made it? I seriously thought I was going to die."



 The explosions continue to sound above me, so I guess it was a success for the time being. I'm sure he's happy to shoot at me because he thinks I'm still in that place, but  he's just a low class demon. They may be big, but they have the intelligence of a goblin. If it were a higher level demon, it would be strangely clever, so I doubt I would be able to use the same trick.



 I went down the ladder, using a small portable lantern to light my way, and about 10 meters down there was a space surrounded by stone walls that was smaller than my room, and in the center was a treasure chest that glowed a dull color. It was a silver treasure chest that contained a magic item. There it was, after all.

 

 In Dun-Ex, this treasure chest near the gate room was always empty, but in our world, no one seemed to come for it, perhaps because of the perception blocking. I immediately took out the [Treasure Chest Key - Silver] that I bought at Obaba's store from the accessory case and opened it.

Although the treasure chest was large enough to hold one person, all that was inside was a single small ring with a red gemstone. But size does not equal value, so there was no need to be disappointed. If one pick it up and take a closer look at it, one will see that there is a sparkling powdery snow-like substance dancing around the jewel.

 

"Could this ...... possibly be a spirit inhabiting it?"

 

 Some magic items are very rarely possessed by spirits, and they have the property of evolving as you continue to use them. When they are first obtained, they may have a weak effect, but if they are nurtured properly, they can have a powerful effect and are traded among players for surprisingly high prices.

 

 The spirit in this red gem is a carbuncle that increases vitality, so it is expected to be effective in restoring HP.

 

"I don't think it will heal anything more than a scratch, but I'll equip it just in case ......, hey."



 As I was rolling it around to see which finger to put it on, I felt an irritating, grumpy magic. Could it be willpower? I ignored it for the moment and put it on, and it seemed to have an effect, and the small wounds all over my body began to heal. The effect must have been about HP+1 per minute. Still, it was more than enough for everyday use.




 The sound and vibration of the explosions above me grew louder, and the amount of falling dust and debris gradually increased. It's about time to finish. Then I guess wrap it up.

 





 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...

 



 

"Guaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

 

 It's blue and dense "aura" is covering his whole body, and it extends his arm to crush me, but it's not moving fast, so I can avoid it by making a small turn. I'll also use my provocation skill on top of it.

 

"Go for it! Butt slash!

"I'll take  on the another one. ...... 《Double Sting》."



 Amama took a big step forward, jumped, and swung down vertically with all her might on the huge double-bladed axe she had just raised. The slash that generates a shockwave easily cuts through the 《Aura》 and thick epidermis, inflicting critical damage.

 

 The Lesser Demon crouched down in so much pain that it stopped moving by thrusting one hand, and Kuga-san succeeded in slashing it down by precisely applying her skill to its now defenseless arm. Three of his four arms have already been cut off, and only one remains. The body is gushing blood, and his movements are slowing down. The rest of the body is in a state to be boiled or roasted.

 

(Even so, the firepower of the two who concentrated on the attack was more than expected.)

 

 I never thought they would be able to cut down the HP of the Lesser Demon, whose entire body was covered with "Aura" and its defensive strength had been increased by several levels, in no more then less than 10 minutes. Without the provocation skill, I would not have been able to keep up the hate.

 

'How are you going to distribute the items ...... I hear these devil horns make good material."

'I wonder what the legendary great devil tastes like. Exciting."

'Guaaaah......aah.......'



 We were already talking about drop distribution. 

 

 The Lesser Demon, on the other hand, seems to understand human language and is grunting weakly, looking different from when it was first summoned. I can't help but feel that I am bullying the weak in some way, but there are no extenuating circumstances for the demon who shot me with such a skill. But it seems that those two are not thinking about going easy on me because they want the materials.

 

 With only a few percent of HP remaining and victory assured, the Lesser Demon begins to let out a high-pitched yell. This is an SOS skill unique to demonic monsters.

 

 The Lesser Demon makes a humiliating help call to the nearby monsters or other demons whose souls it resonates with probably saying , "I'll be your servant, so help me!" but there are no monsters in this level, and no demons pop up in the nearby levels. In other words, it has become a useless skill.

 

"So, now that you've begged for you life, Let's  be done with this.. Eh what is this?"

 

 I raised my sword to put the finishing touches on the crawling Lesser Demon, and a glowing purple phantom appeared right in front of me. Someone is trying to use the "Gate" to come here.

 

 All three of us moved away to see what was going on.

 

"Is this it? I knew it was here. ......The magic element is very thin. Oh?"
 

She has a face that is still young enough to be in junior high school if we were to talk about humans. She has long, loose blond hair and glowing red eyes. She wears white scaled full-body armor and a jet-black cloak with a red border. On her head is a large curly horn. She is a demon in "battle mode."

 

 I know this demon. But from what I remember , she was much more quiet and ostentatious ...... and that's not how she was now, no, rather she was very strange..

 

"What's up with that? Akira , Kotone ......, and why even Butao? What kind of a team selection is this?"

 

 

 The Majin looks at us and strikes an ostentatiously surprised pose. How does she know about us? That's probably what everyone  wants to know.

(TL:A player?)


"Who are you? Are you one of those horned ...... demons?"

"The devil? But how do you know our names?"



 The two of my teammates didn't seem too alarmed by the fact that she looked like a young girl. But that thought must be changed soon. In this world, appearance does not correlate with strength. In fact, the level of this demon far surpasses that of the Lesser Demon.

 

"Guooooo ...... Guooooooo ......"

"Oh you summoned me. But I'm busy right now. For those who are bothering me, I have the 《Agares Blade》."



 As the Majin activates her skill with a flip of her wrist, our vision is enveloped in light, and a roar and blast of air erupt. The three of us who were standing still are blown away by this sudden event.

 

 All that remained was the remains of the Lesser Demon, which had been cut in half in the ground and had been gouged out vertically. It slowly faded away, leaving only a magic stone and a horn.

 

'I'd like to go outside. Can you tell me how to do that?"



 I crawled over and looked up at her, her eyes still glowing with the same madness as when she first appeared.



TL Note- New character but I am confused about the gender, so she is a girl for now as she has long hair.


Comments

Popular Posts