A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 31

Chapter 7-An outstanding figure in the era of the Human-Demon War.

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


-The man was definitely one of the best opponents I have ever fought.



 There was not a shred of sophistication in his movements.

 Even so, he uses his overwhelming physical ability to shut down his opponents. If he had the skill to handle a sword like Aruna or Mr. Erio, he would be untouchable.

 I didn't even want to think about it.

 Because I don't know anyone who can only be described as such a monster.





"Oraaaaahhhh!"(Odo)

"Ku, u......!"(Cleo)





 If I am inferior in physical ability, the only thing I can do is to use weapons and all kinds of techniques.

 Swordsmanship, body art, magic, healing arts - and many other areas that I have dabbled in. This was perhaps the first time I had ever felt such gratitude for my past.

 I looked for an opening, just in time to avoid Odo's fist that ripped through the air.

 But even as I was doing so, my opponent was launching his next blow.





"What's the matter, Ora!"(Odo)

"Damn!"(Cleo)





 At this rate, I'm going to be outgunned.

 Although I knew this, the overwhelming stiffness was overrunning the softness.

 The situation was definitely tilting to the disadvantage. No, perhaps it was already too late. Such a fear was nagging at the back of my mind, but I somehow managed to shake it out of my head.



 I mustn't be weak.

 If I lose here, we will never make it.





"............, hey ......!"(Odo)

"What ......?"(Cleo)





 That's what I was thinking.





"Are you kidding me, ......?"(Odo)





 Odo suddenly stopped his attack.

 I took a step back and readjusted my sword, not understanding what he meant.

 As I do so, he stares at me, and then quietly says, 
















 "You're not taking  this seriously, are you?"(Odo)















 It was so unexpected.

 I furrowed my brow and tried to read his thoughts.

 But before I could do that, Odo seemed to have noticed something and sighed.





'I see. So this is what the necromancer was talking about."(Odo)

"Why are you just spouting riddles ......?"(Cleo)





 I have no idea what that means.

 Still, Odo seemed to have come to some kind of conclusion.





"I'll tell you something, Cleo. I'll tell you how strong your ancestors were,......!"(Odo)

"Huh?............!"(Cleo)











 --He grinned.

 It was the moment I thought the corners of his mouth had twisted.












"But How is thi—"(Cleo)











 Odo's fist slammed into my abdomen.









"You didn't see it, did you? This is the power of the age of the Human-Demon War."(Odo)

"Gee wha ......?"(Cleo)


My organs must have been damaged.

 I was coughing up blood.

 My vision was distorted. Still, I somehow managed to stay conscious.







"It seems that people of today have become very weak. No, to be more precise..."(Odo)








 I remained conscious, but my hearing was fading.

 Odo was saying something, but the bits was all I could hear barely.

 I was struggling to breathe, not to fight. He must have understood the situation. Odo grabbed me by the chest and threw me down roughly.





 Then he said,







"Wake up ......."(Odo)







 That was all I could hear.

 As usual, I had no idea what he was asking me to do. I just knew that I didn't want to lose.







"I don't want to lose, ..................."(Cleo)









 In this predicament.

 That was the only feeling I had.

TL Note- Cleo in a pinch like me during my exams BTW the schedule is back to normal, I am now a sophomore. 



Comments

Popular Posts