Evil Avalon



Chapter 86-My first friend

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

A legendary great demon said to have been defeated by the saint. With the figure before him, Suo took a pebble from his chest and disappeared in a light. He just summoned the demon and took off without doing anything.



"eh?"

"He ran away! "



 Sera-san was upset, holding her mouth with her hands and losing her composure, and Amama-san was angry, stomping her foot on the ground because of his irresponsible behavior. It's very refreshing to see heroines like them angry  which I don't usually see,....... No, this is not the time to talk about that.

 

  What Suo used just now is an escape item with 《Eject》 magic in it, also known as a return stone. It has the effect of directly warping to the outside of the dungeon, and in this world where lives are at stake, it is a must-have item. It is not something that can be used casually, however, as it costs enough to buy a house with just one.

 

"Sota Narumi. How long can you fight?"

"I ......"




 Kuga-san, quickly putting on a protector and carrying a dagger, asks me what I can do. The actual battle with a strong enemy is inevitable now, she is probably thinking about increasing her survival rate as much as possible. However, it is easy to imagine that if I show her my abilities, it will be incredibly troublesome.

 

 The Lesser Demon emerges completely from the magic circle and slowly examines whose life it is going to grind to a pulp, licking its tongue. A poisonous "aura" envelops the place, and the once pure and sacred space is transformed into a heavy hell catastrophe. There is no time to worry anymore.

 

"As expected, only Amama-sama and I cannot fight against something like that. I am sorry, but ......"

(What is that? Damn I  should have known you had it.)



   She takes out a clear pebble from around her neck. She is the heiress of a great noble family, a woman of rare talent and good looks, and has been chosen as the successor to the [saint]. It would be a small price to pay for her family to provide her with that level of insurance.

 

 

"You should not hesitate to use it.I feel sorry for those two, but that is also fate. You should also save your life and think about your house first. Now if you'll excuse me."


She passed her magic power while squeezing it, and just like Suo, she was enveloped in light and disappeared.

 

 In such a desperate situation, it is foolish to put your life on the line for a classmate who is not a very good friend and is only an acquaintance. And if you are the heir to a noble family, as she said, it's perfectly understandable to put your family first and live your life as you choose. I'd rather want to  run away as soon as possible too. 

 

"The situation couldn't be worse. ......it is coming!"



 Two of them left and there were only three of us left. The Lesser Demon, not wanting to let anyone else escape, rushed forward with a ground-shaking sound and attempted to swing its large fist at them.

 

 Amama-san intervened, using her large two-handed axe as a shield to catch it. She was holding back his massive fist with her feet right in front of me. A faint red 《aura》 is leaking out, indicating that she is activating her unique skill 《Monstrous Power》.



 The supernatural power, 《Monstrous Power 》, which she obtained by being loved by a spirit and receiving a blessing curse. It is the root of the power that made her the next in line. While it has the effect of greatly increasing her physical abilities, it is also a tragic skill that causes her to grow old and ugly. I'm grateful to her for using it to help me, but why isn't  she using the escape items?

 

"I can only hold out for just a little while! So, find out if there's any way to get out of this room!"

(TL: Respect for the real deal)

 The Lesser Demon swung its four thick arms around like a storm and struck wildly. The red demon tries to withstand the barrage of blows by relying on its monstrous strength, but it is unable to cope with the sheer speed and power of the blows and is blown away. The momentum didn't stop, and it crashed into a wall, bouncing over and over again.



"Don't push yourself too hard, Amama-san! Don't worry about us, feel free to use the escape items!"

"I don't want to! You're the first friend I've ever made, and I'm ...... never going to abandon you!'"

 

 After being knocked down several times, Amama rises to her feet, shouting as if to inspire herself, and challenges again. She didn't care that her armor was damaged, dented, and bleeding. It's hard to imagine since she was so jovial in front of me, but I remember she had been treated like a tumor since junior high school and had been a recluse for a long time. That's why she chose live up in that armor.

 

(Well, but ...... the things she said made me makes me happy)



 She called me a friend, even though I was treated as a dropout and shunned by the school, and she even risked her life to stand up to a legendary demon. I can tell from her desperate appearance that she really means what she says. I couldn't help but be moved. I'm feeling a little more motivated now.

 

 Kuga-san, on the other hand, slashed at the Lesser Demon's legs with the school's rental knife in her hand, but did little damage. The thick, hard epidermis and the fact that his regeneration skill was working meant that there was practically no damage.I guess it would be different if she used a stronger weapon or attacked seriously, but she can't take a big step while the Lesser Demon's hate is not stable.

 

 But if Kuga-san is willing to fight, I might not have to give it all up either. From the looks of it, I guess what those two need is a good tank.

 

"I get it! Then I'll take over as tank. I'll leave the attacks to you two!"

"Narumi, don't be reckless!"



 The reckless one is Amama. If she had tried to escape, she could have done it right away with the escape items. But shebstill didn't abandon me and risked his life for me, I would release a little bit of my power too.

 

 I took out a black hand of pure mithril from my magic bag and quickly put it on. I had no plans to use it, but I had no choice but to take out a long sword of pure mithril that had not yet been plated. The first thing I shoud do is to strip away the hate that had been directed at Amama.

 

"Decapitator, over here! 《Illitited Howl!》"



 A loud roar and shockwave emanates from my mouth. It's a provocation skill that forcibly takes the target's hate with it. I knew I couldn't start tanking without it.

 

 The Lesser Demon, which had been giving Amama a barrage of blows, spun around and ran toward me as if pulled by a magnet. He didn't seem to understand why I had caught his attention either.



"That skill is from ......'empire'. I knew it."

"What? What did you do?"



 I heard that [Knight] is a secret job in some country, but I think it's ...... okay to show at least this much. I wonder if we can work something out if we get down on our knees to stop talking later. Also, I don't have enough power to get through an attack on this guy. So one more!


"Let's go for it! 《Flame Arms》!"

 

 As I activated my skill by spreading my arms out, a red snake-like "aura" clings to my arms. This is a buff skill learned by Warrior, and has the effect of increasing STR by 30%. Even with this skill, the numerical value is not yet at a level where it is possible to fight with him, but it should be enough to pass him off.



"I hope both of you will not hesitate to increase your firepower. I will fix the target at me by all costs!"



 The Lesser Demon was hit by the provocation skill and annoyingly tried to swing its fist down at us. Not wanting to be taken seriously, I evade it by circling to the side and slashing at it with my mithril sword when I find an opening. For the time being, we should repeat these actions, using the provocation skill every cool second, and think first about fixing the target.



"I don't know what it is, but it works! Then we'll go for it too!"

"......"



 Amama-san, who decided that I could take the weight and play the role of tank, spins her huge axe around and around and slams it into the target with great force. Thanks to her "monstrous strength," the firepower of a single hit is tremendous, and it leaves a number of deep scars on the epidermis, which boasts a high level of defensive strength, and chops away the HP. It seems that her melee firepower, which she boasts is the strongest in the school year, is not a fluke.

 

 Kuga-san is also passing damage even though she is not using her attack skill. The blue-white glowing dagger in her hand seems to be enchanted with a magic that increases its cutting power.



"Gwogiaaaaaaaa!!!!"

 

 The Lesser Demon roars and swings its arm wildly at me. The reason for this is that he can't hit me with his fists as much as he wants to, and on top of that, he's getting really frustrated because he's getting hit from behind with a lot of attacks. In an attempt to break the deadlock, he takes a skill-motion stance with his chest turned outward.

 

 A dazzling blue "aura" overflows from all four arms, and the fists swing with a roar.



"Narumi, Run you're in danger!"

"I'm fine. But stay away from me."



 The Lesser Demon swings its four arms with a long reach at high speed, and it is usually difficult to avoid all of them. However, if you stay in close contact with it without fear and take a position to go around it, you will almost never be hit by it. If you are not heavily armed and have a strong STR muscular strength, the basic tank strategy should be the same.

However, the attack skill he is about to use covers not only mid-range but also close range, so there is no blind spot. I cannot use the evasive maneuver of turning around, and if he takes it seriously, I will not escape damage. If one were to fight him for the first time, one would probably have a hard time.

 

(But I'm not a first timer.)

 

 In Dun-Ex, it was possible to challenge a particular floor boss multiple times by accepting special quests. There was a limitation that the level of the boss was equal to his level, but I challenged him countless times in my gaming days because of the tasty items I received from him. By the way, I even have a record for the time attack record for killing this guy solo.

 

 I know how much damage it will do and what it will do when it takes damage, and I know what skill it will use when I see the pause right after it launches the skill, so it's easy to get the right timing. In the case of this attack skill, the first move is a swing down from the upper arm, so it is best to keep your body out of the path and counter calmly.

 

 As in the game, when you see both arms swing down with a yell, you should move your center of gravity in advance to avoid it. After that, he will duck a series of two thrusts and then throw a flash. Next comes a punch to the side from the left direction, so I turn to the right and hit him with a triple slash from my one-handed sword skill 《Vorpal Thrust》 while circling behind him.

 

 A wild scream is heard, but once activated, the monster's weapon skill does not stop.

 

 As the uppercut comes swinging up from below, I cancels my earlier weapon skill hardness with a 《Backstep》 and places a 《Slash》 in the path of the arm that is about to swing away, cutting it off from the elbow and beyond.

 

 Finally, with one arm missing, it jumps up into the air and strikes me with a fall, so I just have to stay away from the fall and watch.

 



"That was awesome! What's going on, what's the hell is going on?

'...... No, I saw it all. It looked like a move that knew what was coming.'



 As expected of  Kuga-san. Did she see the shift in the center of gravity? You're absolutely right, but in reality, I don't have that much leeway.



 Before the fight, I thought I could handle the Lesser Demon on my own, and I wanted everyone to get the hell out of there, but I'm so glad we were able to fight together.

 

 Even though I knew I wouldn't be hit, there was no way I would be okay with a roaring fist swinging at me right under my nose. Even though he was a familiar foe, if I had had a prolonged battle with him, My spirits would have been sapped and my accident rate would have skyrocketed. Thanks to the two attackers, I was able to concentrate on evasion. I am so grateful to them.



 Gravel and dust were thrown up by the falling Lesser Demon, and at the same time, deafening grunts echoed through the air. At the point where it fell, the four-meter-high body was twisting and rolling around. Blood gushed from the arm that had been cut off, but it would be completely repaired in a few dozen seconds due to his regeneration skills.

 

 But for now, he is crouched defenseless. There was no way I could miss out on this precious time to beat him up.

 

"Not yet! Hit him!

"Ehehe. Oryaaa!

'I won't hold back......《Double Sting》!

 

 Amama-san jumps at him with a large two-handed axe raised and takes the opportunity to smash him to pieces. Each swing generated a creaking whirlwind, chipping away at his HP. I was a little taken back by the firepower, which was beyond my imagination. On the other hand, Kuga-san, waving her dagger arm at high speed, activates her skills as if she is scratching. It is both reliable and terrifying that he continues to cut at the vital points, looking for more effective places.

 

 However, the HP of the floor boss is enormous, and even after inflicting this much damage, there must still be almost half of it left. And if its remaining HP gets low, it will go "insane. We have to be careful and make sure we take care of it - even so.

 

"You did a great job earlier! Meat! Give me the meat!"

"Give me ...... this corner too!

 

 With those two too-reliable people, I feel like I can do it without any trouble.

TL Note- A supposed to be tough fight was pretty easy or is it. 


Comments

Popular Posts