A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched




Volume 30

Chapter 4-Possibility gradually becomes Certainty.



(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


 --The night is over, and it is morning.



 The villagers' graves have been made without a hitch.

 However, from this point on, there is another problem. We had to go to the hideout of the bandits who had attacked the village of Mitos and fight them off. Moreover, although it was not out of the realm of possibility, the bandits might have some very skilled wizards. We would not be behind in magic, but there was a difference in numbers.





"The other side had the advantage of location, so it might not be a simple matter."(Cleo)

"Let's go carefully, Cleo."(Keane)

"Yeah, I guess so."(Cleo)





 I climbed the mountain path, calling out to Keane and everyone else.

 But as I was doing so, there was a part of the trail that felt strange.





'...... how did this happen?"(Cleo)

 "What's wrong, Cleo? Is there something strange?"(Liliana)

"No, you know. No matter how mountainous the road was, this was still the way to the village, right?"(Cleo)

"According to information from Mitos and those bandits, yes."(Liliana)





 I confirmed with Liliana, and I still think it's strange.

 I stopped for a moment to touch the ground and check my surroundings. Then I decided to ask my childhood friend my question.





"I think it's too much of an animal trail for that. It seems like it's been a long time since people passed through here. ......?"(Cleo)

"Yes, if you ask me, it is."(Liliana)

"I think it was originally a pathway. The soil feels like it has been trampled over. But there are too many weeds covering it."(Cleo)

"Does that mean we have been lied to.....?"(Liliana)

"No, I don't think so. They don't seem to be lying."(Cleo)





 If anyone is lying, it is either Mitos or the bandits.

 But it seemed that there was no lie in their words. They were speaking with the firmness of someone who had actually seen, heard, and experienced the things they said.

 If that is the case, then the only thing that comes to my mind is....





"Hey, Liliana ...... I'm just talking about possibilities, okay?"(Cleo)

"If Cleo says so much, then the probability must be high, right?"(Liliana)

"I'm not absolutely sure. But they might not be a bandit."(Cleo)

"Hmmm... ......."(Liliana)







 Liliana pondered over my words.

 After a short pause, she seems to have come to the same conclusion.

 She looked a little uncomfortable and said, 









"Do you mean to say that there is someone ...... who is committing 'blasphemy against the dead'?" --(Liliana)









 It was an aversion to "necromancy," which is considered the most heretical form of magic.



 She describes it as 'blasphemy against the dead.'

 Of course, it was established as a system of magic, and other uses were being researched. Depending on how it was used, it could be useful to people.

 But if necromancy had been used in this case, it would have been--'







'Yes, it is. This is definitely blasphemy."(Cleo)







 I raised my eyebrows, too.

 I still didn't know what the purpose was.

 But one must not playfully evoke the souls of the dead.







"Let's go. --we will just be a little more careful."(Cleo)

"Yes, I think so too."(Liliana)







 Liliana and I called out to each other as we moved forward.

 An unknown enemy and an irregular battle with that unknown enemy was inevitable.


TL Note- So we are closing up on the unknown enemy the curtain to the irregular battle is lifting up.


Comments

Popular Posts