A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 28

Chapter 4-Beginning of the journey and concerns.

(TL: By Rafael)


The forest where the elves lived was said to be less than a week away by carriage.

 If we made the round trip, we would be away from the royal capital for nearly two weeks, and there was no guarantee that the royal capital would not be attacked by demons during that time. Therefore, we had to leave some of our friends behind in the castle.

 It was decided that I, Keane, and Escalite would head for the Elven village.

 And then Liliana joined us.





"Isn't she a perfect asset to the force ......?"(Cleo)





 Liliana may be a princess, but she is a skilled magician.

 Even in the earlier battle, we were fighting a battle that would have been fought without Keane's excellent defensive magic. I would be in the vanguard, and  me and Liliana might be enough for the rear guard to protect Escalite as Liliana was a force at a strategic level.

 Besides, my sister had some knowledge of the healing arts too.

 





"Um,  Cleo-san. ......"(Keane)

"What's wrong? Keane."(Cleo)

"Um, no. ......"(Keane)





 I was about to leave the castle with such thoughts in mind when Keane called out to me, somewhat reservedly.



 I tilt my head to see what's wrong, but he is silent for a moment and then smiles.





"Haha......I'm kinda nervous because I haven't been back to my hometown in a while,......."(Keane)





 He said this in a deceptive way.

 I wondered if there's something that's troubling him.

 Thinking this way, I asked him.





"Is something bothering you about your hometown?"(Cleo)

"Uh, yes. ...... well, a little."(Keane)





 Keane replied with a slight movement of his eyebrows.





"I came out of the woods halfway as if I were running away. I greatly overestimated my own strength, blew it to everyone around me, and finally ran out of the forest with astonis eyes looking at me."(Keane)

"Keane, ......"(Cleo)





 He spoke, but laughed quickly.





"But I think things are a little different now."(Keane)

'Differently,......?'(Cleo)

"Because I met Cleo, and I changed. So--"(Keane)




 And then his voice took on a serious tone.





"I will definitely help you."(Keane)





 Keane clearly told me and went on ahead of me.

 Watching his back, I took a step forward, but stopped.

 Then, in a voice too loud for him to not hear, I called out, 




'Don't you dare hold it all by yourself. Keane ......!"(Cleo)





 But if he is hiding something then.

 I raised my eyebrows at the thought.





 And so the journey begins.

 Outside of Royal Capital, toward the village of the elves.


TL Note- A beautiful friendship  indeed and you can comment down below in case you didn't knew. 



Comments

Popular Posts