Evil Avalon


Chapter 81- Water and Oil.

(TL:By Rafael)


"Well done, sir!"

"As expected of Suo-sama!"

"It was an excellent sword stroke, sir."



 The barguest was split into three pieces and dissipated in mid-air, and the magic stone fell to the ground with a clang. 

 

 Suo had announced early in the morning that he was going for a trial slaying, and his assistants, who had been sleeping, were woken up and made to carry the drums without knowing why. Don't they feel sorry for me.

 

 The three of us, Amama and Kuga, are watching Suo and the others while sipping tea made by the maid.

 

"He's a great swordsman, but his style...."

"The first time I saw him, I thought he was a good swordsman. But there is something strange about his posture."



 



 Indeed, as Tenma-san said, the way he used the sword was brilliant. He reads the movement of the attacker and, after a flash, immediately reverses the tip of the blade to slice, a technique like "tsubame-gaeshi," which is not something that can be done just by watching and imitating.

 

 Suo handles his sword with his right hand only, and uses his left hand to handle his opponent's attacks, a style of swordsmanship that is based on physical strength. This is a popular stance among Dun-Ex players, as it allows for both sword and magic. Since Suo is a "wizard" who uses swordsmanship, there is nothing strange about his stance, and in fact, it is natural.

 

 However, he is considered to be a swordsman by those around him, and he was fighting with only a sword held in his right hand, without using magic and with his left hand idle. Kuga says she feels uncomfortable with that. If you don't know Dun Ex's tactic of using both sword and magic, it is understandable that you think it is a half-hearted posture.

 

"The sword is also quite a thing. I think it's a national treasure."

'...... not worth the minute.'

 

   

 

 Enchanted weapons are generally obtained after the 30th floor, but in Japan, only the 32nd floor has been conquered, and only a handful of people have been able to reach it. The number of available items is also extremely limited. As a result, the transaction price is outrageous.



 Suo's parents are not only aristocrats, they are also capitalists who control a number of companies. But that doesn't mean that they should be able to buy a high school student something that would be enough to build a mansion. I guess that is just the jealousy of the common people.



"But I can beat him. I can create any number of opportunities to take advantage of them."

"...... I can win."

"I don't think it's going to be easy for you in E class, though.

"...... can afford it. And by the way, even you can't beat me."



   You see, the maid in the back has started to give off a killing vibe, too.

 

 The reason why this situation came about goes back to last night--when I was stepped on my head.

 





 *...*...*...*...*...

"You said you wanted to form an alliance. ...... why?"

"You wanted to check me out because you thought there was something behind me."



 I don't have anything to be guilty about, but if I told them that I was a player and this world was a game, she would just look at me like I was some poor kid with a brain problem.

 

 Even if she believed me, it would be a risk for both of us since we haven't established trust.



"I'm going to ask your body about that secret now."

'Could you move this leg for a moment? I don't feel comfortable talking to you. ......"



 I counter with a pleading pose, rubbing my head against the ground, and Kuga-san steps on my head without hesitation. 

 

 I spent about 10 minutes negotiating on my knees to get her to move her foot away from me so that I could talk to her properly, and finally I was able to raise my head. I was almost bald on the back of my head.

 

(Well, what should I start with?)



 The strangely dressed girl who stared at me with a glare was an American intelligence agent (spy) who had entered the adventurers' school under false pretenses about her background and origin in order to gather information related to adventurers in Japan.

 

 The U.S. collects information on Japan partly because Japan and the U.S. do not get along well in this world, but it is not strange for the U.S. to be spying on Japan, as it is done all over the world. Even Japan must be sending spies to countries all over the world to gather information. After all, information on adventurers is the most important factor in national security.

 

 For example, let's say a group of top adventurers like the Colors were to go on a serious rampage in the city. Of course, they would use an artificial magic field device. What would happen?

 

 They can lift several hundred kilograms with one hand, run 100 meters in a few seconds, and cut a house in half with their skills. And yet, they are super people for whom bullets have no real effect. The only way to fight these people is to hit them with equal numbers of adventurers, or to shoot them with tank guns and missiles like a hail of bullets. Such a situation in the midst of so many people would be a catastrophe. And the problem is that such things are actually happening all over the world.

 

 That is why each country is collecting information on adventurers with great diligence. Which country or organization has the most powerful people, what are their abilities, and what is their ideology? I am sure that Kuga-san collects such information and reports it to his home country.

 

 Of course, that is not the only role she is assigned.

 

 She must also have orders to collect a wide range of information on the situation of the clan she is attacking, the training methods of the adventurer school, and the personal information of the students. When she is in a bad mood in the morning, it is a good bet that she has been too busy communicating with the home country to get enough sleep.

 

 Forming an alliance with such a Kuga-san does not mean that we will be in a co-operative relationship like Lisa and Satsuki. It is a proposal to be accomplices, to help each other and create an alibi for situations in school life that are difficult to handle solo.

 

"The key factor is whether or not you are trustworthy and available."

"But, you know, this time you left the class competition on your own, didn't you?  "

"......It might make things easier. But what is your goal?"

 

 What am I after? Of course there is. It is to deal with the event called "Kuga's Rebellion."



 If you get close to Kuga-san and advance the main storyline, you will enter a scenario where she betray the organization and become one of the main character's friends. At that time, some dangerous people from the U.S. come to Japan for a purge, and if they are intercepted, this area, including the Adventurers' School, will become a war zone and be completely destroyed. There is no way to resolve the situation through discussion, so if we take the Kuga route, this catastrophic future is almost inevitable.

 

 On the other hand, if Kuga-san is left unattended without being captured( rasing favorability), she will become a dangerous enemy character who will do anything, including assassination, espionage, and sabotage. However, it will take time to find her with her full of covert skills, during which time she will make destruction everywhere, and our route will also be severely damaged.

 

 The quickest way to prevent either of these outcomes is to "kill Kuga-san right now," but ...... it's too risky for me right now, and above all, I definitely don't want to take such a hard-line approach. 

 

 The girl in front of me is a tragic heroine. Born an orphan, put in a dungeon and beaten into fighting since she can remember, she has become a machine who has never known happiness. She has had such a harsh childhood that she could not survive otherwise without being cold hearted.

 

 However, she suddenly finds a chance to be with the main character, learns about love, and overcomes her past and reality to become a strong person who can give hope to many people. The climactic scene cannot be told without tears, and is ranked among the best scenes in Dun Ex.

There is no way to get rid of her like that. If you are a player who loves Dun-Ex, there is no other choice but to save her. Yes, I want to save her.

 

 So the answer is...

 

"Your... smile."

"...... creepy."

 

 I managed to cover it up with a smile that made even the usually bold and unafraid Kuga-san take a step back, and so I decided to change the subject.

 

"Anyway. I think it's a good deal to join forces, even if it's only for a short period of time."

'I feel like I'm being talked out of it, but I know you don't want to fight ....... But I will continue my investigation."



 Kuga-san says she can't leave empty-handed and will continue her observations right beside me. But there was no way I could say, "I'll add another E class student from the 19th floor."

 

 And after a night of pondering to solve this issue...

 

 



 *...*...*...*...*...*...

 

 

 The next morning. In other words, about an hour ago from now, I consulted with  Tenma-san surrounded by black clothes and asked him if he could mix  Kuga-san into the butler's group as her direct guard. The maid, who is the head butler, was staring at me as if I were her enemy and opposed me, but since her master, Tenma-san, said yes, I was able to force her to go along with me.

 

 Everything went as planned. The case was settled ......, but it didn't work out that way.

 

"You know you're our personal servant now. how can you behave like that."

'I'm just being honest that I'm stronger.'



 Kuga-san, who is not bothered by this, says that she was just stating the obvious, and Amama-san glares at her with a 'listen here you little'. The butlers observing in the distance are also fidgeting. I wish she would read the air a little more.



'Well, there's no way you're stronger than me. I'll forgive you and treat it as a funny joke."
 

 Not only the B class nobles, but even the A class nobles tend to look down on the common people, but Amama is generous and patient, and she looks everyone in the eye when she speaks to them. She is a rare aristocrat indeed.

 

 But--

 

"I don't remember making any jokes."

 

 Once again,she made a remark without reading the atmosphere, and a tense atmosphere enveloped the place. I could only shiver quietly as I imagined the journey that awaited me in front of the two of them, who were like water and oil.

TL Note- They  don't  mix well and i having me exams from tomorrow so while this series won't be affecteded as the exams ends in 4 days, The other will get slightly delayed. And Souta is now on Kuga route.


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts