Evil Avalon


Chapter 79-The Two Prawns

(TL:By Rafael)

The 13th floor of the dungeon. On a desolate hill with nothing but withered grass and trees, the group of the Reachable Depths are spending the night.



 This hill, also known as "Wind Hill," is a safe area with a good view and is a popular camping spot for adventurers. However, due to the high altitude of the MAP, the temperature is low and a cold wind blows, making it very chilly.



 We put on our parkas and warmed our cold hands over the campfire. The only students who sleep together in the cold wind are me, a commoner, and the members of Class C. The A class, which consists only of aristocrats, and the C class are the only students who sleep together in the cold wind.



 The A and B classes, which are made up of nobles only, have built a simple house at the top of the hill and are sleeping there. The house is fully equipped with air conditioning, lights, and magical equipment, and looks very comfortable. I was intrigued by the structure and interior design of the house, which did not exist in the original world.



 On the quiet nighttime hill, a girl's voice rang out.



"But brother, We can still dive!"



 It is Monobe Meiko, who commands the Class C depth-of-reach group. The man she is talking to has a tattered cloak, black armor covered in scars, and a prawn mask with pitch-black fangs, and if you met him on the street at night, you would surely be scared stiff. He claims to be Meiko's older brother.



 From a distance, his equipment looks crude, but a closer look reveals that everything he wears has magic in it, setting him apart from most adventurers. In particular, the prawn mask is a unique item with multiple abilities. I don't know where in the world he got that thing, but I want to teach Takamura the word "self-respect" to send us such a monster of a man, even though he seems to have come as a C-class helper.



 That monster of a brother retorts in a low voice as if admonishing her.



 "How are your friends doing? If you are going to lead others, you have to take a good look at them."

"......."



 The average level of the depth group reached in Class C is about 12 to 13. The group is made up of only the most talented people in the class, and they are capable of competing even on this 13th floor. However, they are now fast asleep due to fatigue.



 It seems that they have brought a number of magic-oriented jobbers to fight against wraiths, whose physical attacks do not work, but unfortunately, they have run out of MP several times due to continuous battles. Once they run out of MP, they will be exhausted and exhausted, so Meiko, the leader of the team, should have been able to judge the timing of the battle and when to pull out, and manage the MP of the rear guard.



"But if you're here, We can go ahead."

"I'm not here to help. I'm just here to watch you grow. If you want to advance, be stronger."

(TL: Cool lines tbh)


 It is true that if this man would help them, they would be able to get to the 20th floor. However, he has no intention of helping at all and simply rejects his sister's request. 'What is important is not to get up to A class but to gain strength.' He throws a stern word at her, telling her not to confuse means with ends. Meiko is in tears.



 However, her brother does have a point. If you are aiming to enter an adventurer's college, strength is the only way to become a first-class adventurer. If you can't go any further, you can try again after you have gained experience and become stronger.



 But to go all the way out here just to watch over your sister without any help at all,......, He must be a Siscon.

(Still he says cool lines)

 While drinking hot tea and listening to the conversation between the siblings, Meiko said, "That's enough! " then she went to bed Although she was showing her stoutheartedness in front of her class C peers, it is quite a point that she becomes a cute little sister in front of her brother. I'd like to know what kind of education he has been giving her for reference.



"...... Sorry,I showed you something weird."

"Oh, no it's okay"



 I was thinking about going to bed without hesitation since the prawn maksed siscon brother said he would take care of the guards, when he suddenly spoke to me in a whisper. I'm afraid that even in this dim light, he didnt dare take off that mask so his identity must be special.



"Say Narumi, Why is a man of your stature working as a baggage handler?"

"The nobleman asked me to ....... What do you mean, "man of your stature?""



 What did he mean by that?  The actual "fake" is also thete and I am also wearing a secondhand pigskin armor that has been sitting in the dust in my store. Perhaps he has seen through my overflowing star power?



"I saw no fear in your eyes when I looked at the monsters on this floor. And my gut tells me ...... you're no ordinary man."

"Huh."



 The monster is always in a state of weak "aura", so if it were a normal person, it would be afraid of even seeing a superior monster. I remember the first time I saw a superior Orc Lord, I was almost scared. From now on, I should at least pretend to be scared.

He chuckles to himself and says, 

"Geniuses do appear in the E class of the Adventurers' School from time to time, you know, true geniuses."

 I heard that geniuses like Torataro Tari, the leader of Colors, appear in the E class ."

But I'm not a genius, I'm just a cheat using a game knowledge cheat.



"I think the aristocrats will be pestering me in the future, but to handle it smoothly will be a little difficult. So why don't you come over to my place?"

"......, what's my place?"

"It's the clan I'm in. I think the leader is good enough to accept you. Well, think about it when you're ready."



 What is he saying?  If the members are like this, the clan leader must be a monster or something.



 Well then. I'm going to get into my sleeping bag as soon as possible, since I have an early start tomorrow.







 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...



 



"Hey, wake up."



 I opened my eyes to find a number of black-clad men looking down at me. I wondered what was going on. I looked at the clock with sleepy eyes and saw that it was only 1:00 a.m. .......



"The boss wants to see you. Come with me, right now."



 I wondered who the boss was, but I could tell it was the butlers of the Amama family because they were all dressed in black and had the symbol "Heaven" on their chests. I wondered if even the chief butler was here.



 A call at this time of night. And to be woken up by them staring at me so curtly, I have a bad feeling about this. However, it didn't look like I could refuse, so I had no choice but to go along with them.



 



 The cold night breeze blew and I followed the butler for a few minutes before he led me to a place where about ten black-clad butlers were sitting in a circle of chairs. In the center of the circle was a girl wearing a black one-piece dress and a white apron with a large frill, with black hair and a catsuit, the very definition of a maid, sitting cross-legged.



 Although all the other girls and boys were dressed in black suits except her, only one of them was dressed as a maid, which made her stand out on the way so far. It seemed that this person was the boss of the butlers.



"How dare you show your face so brazenly, boy?"

"Eh? eeeeeh?.. ......"



 The maid stared at me with hatred as if she was looking at her enemy. 



 In the game, when you capture Amama and become her lover, there is a maid who is exclusive to Amama and you can be friends with her as a set. She was a very thoughtful character, always smiling and taking care of the main character, and she was as popular as the other heroines, and the management of Dun-Ex even received many requests for her to be included in the game.



 And yet, she has this attitude and language ...... and a rabid expression on her face. I think she is a twin sister or something like that. Even though they have similar facial features, I don't think they are the same person.



"What is your purpose? Answer honestly."

" purpose?"

"You approached the young lady with a clever story, You must have a ulterior motive!"



 The black-robed butlers around us joined in and glared at me. By "clever story," do they mean diet?



 The only daughter of the general manager of the Amama Zaibatsu group, Ms. Amama is very well-liked and trusted by the butlers. If a mysterious man approached her, she would at least be wary of him.



"I don't have any other intentions. I was just talking with  Amama-san as a friend."

"Frie-friends?

(TL: Hannya = prawn face mask)

  Suddenly, she became like Hannya and started to rage. The butlers around her, who were watching her, thought she was in danger and grabbed her by the arm to stop her. I should not say anything that makes me sound too familiar to Amama-san.



"You  may already know that, but if you even lay a finger on the young lady, ...... you'll go to the other side immediately."

"Yes, I know."

"If you make the young lady cry, you won't get away with it!"

"I'll do my best."

Players know how much these maids and butlers love Amama. They are former adventurers who had been chased or lost their way due to aristocratic or clan conflicts and strife. It was  Amama-san who gave them black clothes and surrounded them as bodyguards under the direct control of the Amama family. I understand that her loyalty to Amama and the Amama family is unwavering, as she saved them from a tight spot and even protected them, but isn't  she a little too overprotective?



"And ...... what were you talking to that man about?"



 The maid, who suddenly becomes serious when she thinks she's threatened with a gulp and fangs. She points to a man in a prawn mask who is alone looking at the bonfire and says, 



"Small talk, I mean. Well, it's not much of a story. What kind of person is he?"

'It's rare for him to talk to people ...... No, if there's nothing to talk about, that's fine.'



  It helped that she let me go more easily than I expected, but next time I'll ask you to be a little more gentle with me.



 Ugh, I'm getting cold. I'm going to go back and wrap myself in a sleeping bag.



 



 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...




 



 The next day, as I was walking down the main street leading to the 14th floor, Amama-san, who was standing next to me, said to me in a playful manner.



"A great guy came to help them, but he went home. There were some voices in our class that he might not be good."



 That's right, the C class had announced that they were going to retire on the 13th floor. Meiko looked disappointed, but the faces of the members in the back showed that they were still tired, and without the help of her brother, they would have no choice but to retire. I am looking forward to seeing how she will use this frustration as a springboard for growth.



 So I went to tell those nobles that I wanted to take advantage of the situation and retire, but as expected, I was forced to continue carrying their baggage. I heard that after a discussion between Class A and Class B, they decided to go up to the 20th floor and win the championship at the same time, and they patronizingly said, "If you carry the luggage, We will take you there for free. "


 It was good that they brought a lot of high-level helpers to aim for the first place in both A and B classes, but because of that, it was certain that the game would end up in the swampy area after the 21st floor, which was dangerous. The problem was that they were afraid that their valued helpers might be harmed, so they decided to end the game at the 20th floor.



 The problem was that Suo was the one who suggested it. Knowing the Suo of the game, I can't help but think that there's more to this than meets the eye. I suspect the possibility of a conspiracy.



 Even so, there are many skilled players in the A class and their assistants, and with so many people around, I don't think Suo will succeed even if he tries to play a trick. M
 Amama-san also seemed to support the hand-off if it would avoid the danger for the butlers.



 As for me, I didn't want to be involved in any more B class nonsense, but if we can tie for first place, I have an excuse to contribute to the E class, which is far behind others.



(And then there's ...... Amama.)



 Next to me, Amama-san, in full plate mail, is walking with light steps, humming a song, and although she doesn't seem to be getting along with her fellow A class members, she is very comfortable talking with me. She invited me to go with her, which made me feel like I could go.



 But if I get too close, the maids and the black butler who are watching from a distance behind me will stare at me, so I have to be careful about my distance.


"But, Narumi, you were talking to Blacktooth, did you know him?"

"Black Tooth you mean kokuji?"

"Its his  title ...... like a second name."



 The actual "Kokuji" is a name that is used by the "Kokuji" to refer to a person who is a member of the "Kokuji" clan. 



 Jurakketsu is an ultra-military clan that has been in constant conflict with the nobility and clans. They are said to be an extremely dangerous guy who has emerged through many such conflicts by destroying rival executives and organizations one after another, and was selected to become an executive of a huge organization when he was just under 20 years old.



 When we talked, I had the feeling that I was talking about a  PK and that he had killed quite a few people. In the game, only the name of Jurakketsu appeared often, but there was no scene where he was actually fighting somewhere or where the cadres appeared, and I didn't have much information about them either.



"There are a lot of crazy people over there, but Black Tooth is a particularly dangerous one! I heard that he went into a big nobleman's mansion by himself and killed all of his hundred bodyguards. Our butlers were very nervous."



The number of those who have been made to bleed is innumerable. Many nobles shudder at the mere sight of that prawn mask. When such a person showed up at this interclass competition, even the helpers from A and B classes were nervous. The maid was probably curious about this and asked me about it.




(I don't want to get into trouble with a nobleman, and I wouldn't want to get close to him if I could.)



  Because they have repeatedly engaged in armed conflict with whoever they are dealing with, their surroundings are full of enemies. Recently, there was a major conflict. I don't know what kind of principles they are fighting for, but it is best to keep your distance from such a dangerous organization. Well, I don't think we will meet them in the future, so what does it matter?







 The group was moving slowly along the gently sloping road. It is not a quiet and peaceful place, as the undead sometimes appear, but as long as we are in the midst of a large group, there is no need to fight, and we continue on our way, enjoying our conversation. It is an easy road trip.



 The only problem is that Kuga-san is mixed in with the large group.

TL Note - Prawn  mask siscon brother says cool lines but Kuga-chan is a staker....this took to much time to translate...sometimes  I wonder if anyone even reads this and is it even worth it.


Comments

  1. We read it, just less people like comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read it, it's just few people like to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sucks at hiding his power he already got two offers to join clans

    ReplyDelete
  4. We read it just lazy to type I guess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started over and binged to this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts