Evil Avalon


Chapter 73-Two contrasting people

(TL:By Rafael)


-- From Kaworu Hayase's point of view



I'll give you a brief overview of the class competition.



 Mr. Murai, the homeroom teacher of Class E, explains in a quiet tone of voice while giving a stern look at the teacher from the podium. The entire classroom was filled with a tense atmosphere as his classmates listened nervously to his explanation.



 Three months after entering the Adventurer's School, we have been training desperately, almost breaking down many times in the face of the reality of the Adventurer's School, and we have been trying our best to soak up the muddy water. The inter-class competition was an important test to see how far we could go. We have to get some kind of result even if we have to crawl on the ground.



"As I explained before, you will be living in the dungeon for a week from today. All you can take with you is your terminal, clothing, and armaments. Food, camping supplies, showers, and laundry facilities will be provided at the designated level in exchange for magic stones. Sanitary and medical supplies will be distributed free of charge."



 During the test period, students will be able to use services provided by the school by using magic stones. Also, since the school is exchanging magic stones for Japanese yen, private services can also be used. In other words, as long as you have magic stones, you can eat luxurious meals and even stay at accommodations during the exam period.



 I am sure that upper class aristocrats will spend magic stones without hesitation, but we, E class, have no surplus of magic stones and are not likely to be able to enjoy such luxuries. I plan to sleep in a small bed when I go to bed.



If you leave the dungeon during the exam period or are deemed unable to continue the exam due to illness or injury, you will be disqualified immediately. Be careful."



 Grades are given on a class basis, so even if an individual is disqualified, the score itself will still be given. However, if you have many people disqualified, you will be at a disadvantage in all events. We want to take care of our physical condition.



"Those who have downloaded the app for the test will be dismissed temporarily, and will gather at the Adventurers' Plaza at 10:00 in one hour. That's all."



 All information on magic stones taken, monsters defeated, location information, etc., is managed by the app on the arm terminal and can be viewed by all classes, including other classes. However, the data is updated only once every morning at 9:00.



 Since the inter-class competition is a week long event, it is important to read the movements of the entire school year from this information and to think of an appropriate strategy, whether to rest or to push forward. The planning and direction of the strategy will be done by Mashima or Naoto. I look forward to their courage and wisdom.



"Let's go, boys! Follow me!"

"Let's go, everyone!"

" Yes!"



 Mashima shouted as if to inspire himself, and several of his classmates responded with loud voices and stood up. They knew that the members of the designated monster-killing team had stayed in the dungeon until the last minute and worked hard.



 The other classmates stood up one after the other with a look of enthusiasm and determination on their faces. If they could not hold their ground here, there was no way they could win the future they wanted. Even if we stand on the edge of despair, we have no choice but to grit our teeth and move forward.



 Naoto seems to be in low spirits these days, but he is such a stout-hearted person that he saved me when I was sinking in a dark swamp. I am sure he will recover.



(Come on, let's go.)



 I have Yuma, Sakurako, and my reassuring friend Naoto. The group, which was awkward at first, is now cooperating and enduring the rigorous training with great effort. No matter what comes, I will not give up.



 With such enthusiasm, I decided to stand up as well.



 I catch a glimpse of Sota in the back of the classroom. He was grinning, his face showing no signs of tension. He's been like this since I picked him up in the morning. 



 



 



    According to Narumi's aunt, he is always back for dinner at 7pm, so I am sure he is not diving very deep. The most I can get there and back in the time between the end of school and dinner is near the second floor entrance. I doubt that they are really training in such a shallow level.



 Still, there is no doubt that he is restricting his diet and doing high-intensity training. His neck and shoulder muscles have grown to the point where I can easily see them, and his belly, which used to protrude so much, has been pulled down to such an extent that he now looks like a shadow of his former self. His obsession with me has disappeared like a lie, and it is no exaggeration to say that he is a different person compared to when he first entered the school.



(-So, what if...)



 In the unlikely event that should he get a result in this class competition. Should I change my view then? What did Sota think and how has he changed since he entered this school? Maybe I should get closer to him and find out. Perhaps now, he might be willing to give up the  "marriage  contract".


(TL: to people who don't  remember go re-read early chapters)
 



 Perhaps it was because I was thinking about this that I found myself sighing deeply. I have an important exam coming up, and I can't expect a good result if I keep dwelling on unnecessary things. I must look forward.



"Kaworu?"



 



 Sakurako, who was standing next to me, gives me a soft and caring tone of voice. Come to think of it, she is one of the people who has changed a lot since the entrance ceremony. She is now stronger and more dependable than ever. Her presence will be the key to the total magic stone amount.



"Let's go, Sakurako."

"Yes."



 



 Looking out the window, the sun was high in the sky even though it was only 9:00 a.m., and the sun was shining brightly.



 



 



 



 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...



 



  



 



  -- Sota Narumi's Point of View



 



 The homeroom just before the class competition is over, and the classmates leave the classroom in high spirits to head to the meeting place.



 



 Mashima-kun and his group were eager to show the results of their intense training by diving into the dungeon until the last minute every day, but unfortunately, as far as the class database is concerned, I must say that dark clouds are gathering.



 



 By the game's standards, the main characters Akagi and Pink-chan would be in a safe zone if they were at level 8, but neither they nor Mashima have yet made it to level 6. The reason for this may be that they are having trouble with the demon wolves, but above all, the restriction of not being able to use the gate is too severe.



 



 That said, there was no way the higher classes would cut corners, and the D class would probably try something. There may be situations that are too difficult for them to handle. I'm worried about whether we can keep fighting until the last day without losing heart.



(Satsuki seems to be moving as well.)



 



 We discussed and decided on the extent to which we would intervene in this class competition in advance. Satsuki and Lisa are now level 12, and "whack-a-mole" is on the horizon. If they were to intervene seriously, they could even beat out Kariya and achieve a higher grade than in Class D. But if they were to go that far, they would have to face the upperclassmen and the student council which would cause unnecessary conflict, and our classmates, who had worked so hard to achieve their goals, would lose their patience. For the time being, it would be better to have them work hard with the current frustration as a springboard, and aim to create a system in which the entire E-Class can stand up to the competition. Our idea was to limit our intervention this time to a level that would improve the atmosphere of the class, if not beat Class D.



 



 Lisa is also working to support Tachiki-kun. The content of the designated quests will be the same as in the game, and it will be a big advantage if we secretly teach them about quests and special information that will happen in the future from our knowledge of the game. She will be able to balance how much information to share with you and how much to share with you.



 



 I, on the other hand, would just get a participation prize and be done with my role. It would be good if I could join Kaworu at the Total Magic Stone on the last day of the event. Even if Hazama and Sorrel try something, I have already taken out an insurance policy, so there should be no need for me to do anything.



 



 More than that.



 



 Finally. I finally had a chance to get close to the person I've been pushing for since the game days. If she is the one who treats everyone kindly and equally, regardless of their position or appearance, then she might be able to talk to me too. The Buta-o-mind in my heart was also curious, and I couldn't contain my double excitement.



"What's the matter~? You look so disheveled."

"Did something good happen?"



 



 As I was thinking about what to do next, Lisa and Satsuki called out to me, "What are you grinning about?" I've been treated as a suspicious person by Kaworu on my way to school, so I should be careful.



"I'll be on my way then."

Let's work hard for each other!"

"Hmmm. I'll go with you then."



 



 Satsuki is making a clenched fist and is very enthusiastic, but she is already far from the average level of the E class, so I hope she'll be moderate in her enthusiasm. Lisa is giving me the same cool smile as usual, which is strangely reassuring.



(Well then, let's get going!)

He checked his sleeping habits and personal appearance with a hand mirror he had secretly kept in his chest, and with a reproving chide for his legs, he headed for the meeting place in high spirits.

TL Note- So the competition is about to begin and we have opened sponsorship for this novel again finally my exam will be over after 26 so I can  do sponsored chapter if there are any and the new novel Goei no Method is hard to translate so I ask you to be patient if you are waiting for it and no I am not dead as some of you were thinking by the lack of updates .


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts