I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.






Volume 4-: The worries of the Holy Beast


Chapter 1-: What you meet at the Sacred Spring


(TL By GUST)






"Is true"





 As I proceeded through the woods under the leadership of Kieda, I could see the surface of the lake gradually shining in the sunlight through the trees in front of me.





 The water was quite transparent even from a distance, and it seemed to fit the name "Holy Fountain".





"But it's big to call it a fountain. Isn't it better to call it a lake anymore?"






"That's right, but it seems that 'holy lake' doesn't have a good sense of language."




"That's the problem?"






 The holy fountain is quite wide even if you can see it now, and you can see it if you walk a little further and go out to an open place, but it seems that there are twice as many bases that we are expanding little by little now.





 and--





"It is over there"






 Looking at the gaps in the trees that Kieda points to.





"A pier and a small boat ... or a boat?"





"It looks like a good boat. It's just Nai--"





"And surely two women are sitting on the pier and looking forward to something."





 I look back and beckon Koritoko.





 When Koritoko descended from Falsi's back and came next to me, he pointed to them and asked.





"Do you know those two?"





"Well, I don't know because it's far away, but I think it's probably Rieri-neechan and Memigume-neechan ..."





 It is said that the female Lesser Elves, Rieri and Memigume, often went to this holy spring with them.





 He took good care of his children, and he always played with and helped Koritoko and his sister Merimee.






"That means that there is a village of Koritoko in the future."





"Yeah. That pier is also used by villagers to catch spring fish."




"Can't you get angry with the holy beast?"




"Yeah. My dad said he was generous that he wouldn't get angry unless it was a big deal."






 I can't see where the holy beast is.





 When I asked Koritoko about that, he said, "The Holy Beast always looks at us from a distance and never approaches."





 And he says that only children or women can see him.






"There is a shrine next to this holy spring, but I heard that sometimes I can meet my sisters when they go there to make offerings."




"Offering?"




"Yeah, but it seems that the Holy Beast doesn't need such a thing."





"Have you never met Koritoko?"





"I wonder if I've seen it several times from afar."





 As far as I can tell, the Holy Beast watches over the people of the Lesser Elves from a distance, and only protects this land, and does not seem to ask for any special reward.





 It's a holy beast ... Koritoko says it's a creature that deserves the name "holy beast."






"I would love to meet you once. Well then, let's say hello to them."





"That's right. It would be rude to peep from a distance."






 Kieda and I told Koritoko and Terry that way, and took a step to get out of the forest.





 But the next moment.





"Rest! Something is coming!"





 Suddenly Kieda pulled back my shoulder with such a small voice.





"What?"





 I heard a small sound in my ears asking that question.





 It's like a hoof ... but with footsteps that I've never heard of.





"What?"





 Should I turn back or proceed?




 The other person will come straight to you, as you clearly already know.




 Then, the Lord of the footsteps appears from the depths of the forest.





"Horse ... is it?"





 A demon beast that appeared in front of us.




 At first glance, it looks like a slightly larger Hakuba.




 No, it's not Hakuba.




 It's hard to understand because it's in a dim forest, but its body is slightly pink.





"No, isn't that forehead horn a unicorn?"





 Certainly, as Kieda says, the horse's head in front of it has a splendid horn.




 It was a characteristic of unicorns that I had learned when I was a student.





"Kieda"




"Yes, leave it to me."





 Before I knew it, Kieda, holding a silver knife in both hands, slipped between me and the unicorn.




 A monster called a unicorn is obedient to a pure maiden and seems to exert tremendous power when protecting that maiden.




 However, other than the pure maiden, it is only a ferocious vermin, and I hear that many people die every year at that corner.




 So, in the kingdom, it was a monster to be subdued.




 But from the eyes of the unicorn staring at us in front of us, we can't see any ferocious light.





"Wait the lord!"





 When I thought that Koritoko, who was behind me, pulled her sleeves all the way, she shouted and jumped out in front of me and Kieda.






Comments

Popular Posts