I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!


Volume 1-: Children of the Commoners

Chapter 24-: Okonomiyaki

(TL By GUST)






Today, I, Marie, Nicola, and Luke were planning to go to the forest to collect them.


 However, when I woke up in the morning, it was raining heavily outside.


"Marie, it looks like it's impossible to go to the forest today."


"That's right. I wanted to go ..."


 Marie is pretty depressed and looks sad. Driven by a sense of mission that I had to somehow encourage, I said in a hurry.


"Ma, Marie, uh ... how about cooking together today?"


 When I said so painfully, Marie shook her head vertically, brightening her face.


"Onii-chan! I want to cook together!"


"Then, we'll get in the way of our business, so let's go to Nicola and Luke's house."


"Yes!!"


"Marie, it's not always possible. And I don't know if I can use the kitchen until I ask. After asking Nicola and Luke, right?"


"I know! I'm no longer a kid!"


 Marie turned away from her face. Marie, who is a little stubborn, is cute ... My sister is absolutely the best in the world ...


"Then, let's go to their house after lunch."

"Yes!"



 Then the lunch was over and Marie and I were at the tool shop next door.


"Hello, Aunt! Are you Nicola and Luke?"

"Oh, I'm not Marie. Hello. It's raining today, so wasn't it cancelled to go to the forest?"

"Instead of not being able to go to the forest, we talked about cooking together."

"That's right! Everyone cooks!"

"That's okay, I'll call Nicola and Luke. You can use the kitchen as you like."

"Thank you!"


 I'm glad you let me use the kitchen. I wonder what to make, I think everyone can easily make okonomiyaki, but ... because there is no sauce. Is it delicious if you sprinkle salt?

 Even salt will be delicious! perhaps……

 When I thought about it, I really wanted to eat okonomiyaki. I want the sauce ...


"What happened to Leon and Marie?"

"You can't go to the forest today?"

"Nikola, Luke. I can't go to the woods today, so I thought we'd cook together instead."

"That's fine, but ... I and Luke have never cooked, right?"

"That's okay, because I thought of a recipe that anyone could easily make."

"Leon ...? Did you think of your recipe?"


 Nicola and Luke look at me with a little suspicion. I can cook as much as I can!


"I can cook a little too!"

"My brother's food is very delicious!"


 Marie ... you're a good sister ... you're crying.


"Well, that's fine. Is there any material?"

"Is it necessary to buy it?"

"It's hard to go shopping in the rain like this. Mom! Can I use any of the ingredients I have?"

"It would be nice if you could cook dinner at home ~"

"Aunt really !? Thank you!"


 Alright! Don't make it with this. I wonder if there are any ingredients ... If not, should I go get them?



 Then, when I came to the kitchen and looked at the ingredients, I found that all the ingredients used for okonomiyaki were available.


"I can make it with just this. Let's make it now."

"What should we do?"


 Well, okonomiyaki is sure ... Put eggs, flour, and water in shredded cabbage, mix them, bake them in a frying pan, put the sliced ​​meat on them, and bake them inside out. Was it just this?

 Maybe it's right ... I don't know the amount at all, but it's somehow.


"Then, can Nicola shred me and the cabbage? Marie prepares the flour and eggs. Luke wants you to get some water."

"I've never used a knife, but is that okay?"

"It's okay because it's not much different from a knife."

"Brother, prepare Marie!"

"I'll get water too!"


 As Marie and Luke get ready, I and Nicola start cutting cabbage.


"How do you cut it?"

"I'll do it, so I want you to cut it into strips like this."

"understood"


 Nicola struggled at first, but has improved steadily, and now it's incredible to say that she has never cooked. Nicola is amazing ... Is he good at handling blades?


 By the time I and Nicola finished shredding the cabbage, Marie and Luke were ready.


"Then, next, put the eggs, flour, and water in the bowl containing the shredded cabbage. I want you to put two eggs, half the flour in the smallest bowl, and half the water in the cup."

Maybe that amount won't fail ...


"Do you put the flour here as it is !?"

"Have you never heard of such a dish?"

"It's okay. Believe it because it will be delicious."

"It's okay! Your brother's food is delicious!"

"Well, I hope Marie says so ..."


 Huh! ?? Is Marie more credible than me ...

 Do your best, too ... For now, if you make delicious okonomiyaki, you will believe it.


"OK! Put everyone in."


 Everyone did what I said, horribly.


"Next time, I'll mix this evenly, but I have a lot of power, so can you do Nicola?"

"Oh, leave it to me"


 Nicola is quite big and has muscles, so she is good at hard work.

 As Nicola mixes, it mixes more and more. I feel that it has gradually become the source of okonomiyaki that I know.


"Nikola, that's about it. I'll bake it next time, but I have to put the fire in the kamado."


 I should have done it first ... I think it will catch fire soon, just like in Japan.


"By the way, does this house have a fire attribute?"

"Oh, I was a fire attribute."

"Is Nicola a fire attribute? Then it's easy to put a fire on the kamado."

"Since I knew that my attribute was the fire attribute, my mother was doing it every day. Only the" fire type "is perfect."

"Thank you"


 Nicola, as the word says, set the fire right away.

 I oiled the frying pan a little and started to bake okonomiyaki when the frying pan was warm.


"Nikola, can you slice the pork?"

"Oh, how much?"


 About four okonomiyaki are likely to be baked, so is it okay to have three or twelve okonomiyaki?


"Thank you for about twelve sheets."

"understood"


 I put the pork that Nicola cut on top of the okonomiyaki and turned it over. It seems that it was difficult to slice the pork into thin slices, and since it is quite thick, I have to bake it properly.

 I'm glad it didn't lose its shape when I turned it over.


"Wow! I want to do it too!"

"me too!!"


 It seems that Luke and Marie looked cool when they turned it over.


"Turn one by one"

""Yes!""


 Then I baked okonomiyaki in the order of Luke, Marie, and Nicola. Luke and Marie collapsed a little when they turned over, but I'm glad I burned them myself, so let's do it.


"Now, salt it and you're done. Let's leave three for dinner and eat one."

"Yeah! I want to eat soon!"

"It smells really good."

"It definitely smells hungry."


 Everyone seems to be hungry. Certainly, I'm hungry when I cook rice.

 I said to everyone with a bitter smile.


"Then, I'll divide it into four equal parts, so can you give me a plate and a fork?"

"Yes!"


 I divided it into four equal parts so that it wouldn't be a conflict, and put them on everyone's plate.


"Well then, let's eat! I'll have it!"

"""I'll enjoy having this!"""


 Paku ………… Delicious! Okonomiyaki is delicious even with salt.

 But I want to eat okonomiyaki with sauce ...! I want the sauce, but I don't know the raw materials for the sauce ... I wonder if anyone can develop it.


"It's delicious"

"This is really delicious!"

"Onii-chan! This is also delicious!"


 It seems that everyone thought it was delicious. it was good.


"I'm glad you said it was delicious."


 I had a smile of relief, everyone had a big smile, and I ate all the okonomiyaki.

 After that, everyone cleaned up and Marie and I tried to go home, but at that time Nicola talked to me in a slightly serious manner.


"Leon, should I have a little talk?"

"Talk ...? Well, but"

"What happened to your brother?"

"Marie, my brother remembered a little errand, so can you go home first?"

"Is that so? I understand!"


 Marie said so and went home. Anyway, what is Nicola talking to me ...?


"Luke went up, is it okay in the living room? Because there's no one right now."

"It's good, but……"


 Is that a story you don't want anyone to hear? I followed Nicola, worried about the content of the story.




Comments

Popular Posts