Evil Avalon



Chapter 67-Expected star

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-1}

(Sponsor- Alucard)

(TL:By Rafael)

"All right. Let's get this class war meeting started."



 



 Homeroom was over and it was time for after-school activities. Normally, the class would be dismissed, but today they were going to have a meeting to prepare for the class competition.



 



 In front of the podium, staring at his classmates, is Hiroto Osho, who has been appointed by the class vote as the leader of the class competition. In class E, he and Akagi are known as two leaders of the class.


"As you know, the class warfare is a week-long ...... death match between classes in the dungeon. There may be a difference in ability between the classes above us, but I will personally crush anyone who doesn't put forth the effort because they think they will lose anyway. Be prepared."



 



 He uses his "Aura" to intimidate everyone. His level is probably 5 or 6. Even so, his level is higher than most of his classmates, and the effect seems to be extraordinary. It was after school, so everyone's faces, which had been looking a little dull, suddenly tightened up.



"First, I'll explain the events of this year's competition. Tachiki."



 



 Marashima-kun gives a look to the intellectual glasses behind him. The deputy leader of the party is Tachiki-kun, the chief strategist of the brave party.This time, the two of them, Marashima and Tachiki, will be leading the class competition.



"I want you to take a look at the file then."



 



 Under Tachiki's direction, the classmates all looked at the handouts that had been handed out before the meeting. There was a description of the events to be played in the class competition.



 



 Reach the designated point

 

 Defeating designated monsters

 

 Reaching depth

 

 Designated quests

 

 Total amount of magic stones



 



 In the class competition, classmates are assigned to each of the above five events and compete for points. This is the first test that the class will take on as a unit.



"Let me give you an overview of what these events are.



 



 The first one, "Reaching a designated point," is an event where you get points if you reach a designated place in the dungeon. The judging is done with a GPS terminal specially designed for the test. The first place gets five points, the second place gets four points, and the last place gets one point. If you abandon the race, you get zero points.



 



 Since it is almost impossible for the E class to reach the end of the race, the key to success is how many points you earn in the period from the first day to the middle of the race, when the hierarchy is shallow.



"The other classes will probably use the covert skills of the Thief for this event. I'd like to increase the number of job changers before the exam too, but--"



 



 There's no point in fighting every monster that gets in your way. That's why the "stealth" skill, which makes it harder for monsters to notice you, is so important in this category. However, most of the E-classes have not changed their jobs yet, so they have to face this event with a big handicap.



 

 



 

 Next was the "Defeat Designated Monsters" section.



 



 As the name implies, you have to defeat a designated monster, but as the days go by, the designated monsters get stronger and stronger, and since there is no such thing as a single monster, it doesn't matter which class defeats it first, so you need to make a group that can defeat it safely and reliably.



 



 There is a function that automatically checks the magic stones of the monsters you have defeated by placing them on the device, so the score calculation is also done automatically.



I want to make a group with a high level of tactical understanding so that we can defeat stronger monsters. Therefore, for this event only, Marashima and I may decide on the members.



 



 In general, the more people you have, the more fighting power you have, but when you're dealing with difficult enemies and you want to be safe, reliable, and fast, sometimes it's better to have a small elite. If this is the case, it would be better to go with a fixed party of Akagi or Marashima.





 





 The next item, "Reaching Depth," is a category that measures how far you can dive during the test period. The deeper you go, the more points you get. You don't have to think about how long it will take you to get back.



 



 You can reach the seventh floor without encountering any enemies by walking down the main street, but there is no difference between you and the other classes at that level. The lowest level is probably the 10th floor, where battles occur even when walking along the main street. That's why--



In this event, even if we sent the highest level of our class, they would not be able to win. The point distribution is large, but we'll just go for the participation prize here.



 



 There is no doubt that the depth of achievement will be the sole domain of the higher level classes, with the Class A is full of high level students, and even class D has students who are above level 10 like Kariya, so it is reasonable for class E to just aim for the participation prize and send their main force to other events.



 



 In this event, there is a strict rule that any class that can reach only half the level of the first place will be disqualified, and considering the level of Class A, it would be difficult to reach the eighth floor to even get the participation award.



 



 If that's the case, you might think it would be better if no one registered, but since it's not allowed to create an event with no participants, someone would have to draw the short straw. What do you think about that, Mr. Tachiki?



 

 



 

 The fourth event, "Designated Quests," requires participants to fetch a designated object.



 



 The Adventurer's Guild has a similar quest. These quests are similar to the ones given in the Adventurer's Guild, where you are asked to fetch dungeon ores or drop items from specific monsters. Completing these quests requires not only combat skills but also a certain amount of dungeon knowledge. However, the use of terminals is allowed, so you can look up and teach each other at that time.



 

 



 

 The last event, "Total Magical Stones," is a competition based on the total amount of magical stones earned by the class during the class competition. This is the most important event for Class E as well.



 



 In the end, the quantity and quality of magic stones collected will determine the ranking, and the higher the purchase price and the more stones collected, the higher the rating.  However, Class E can only hunt monsters that are weaker than other classes, so it is inevitable that we will have to compete on quantity rather than quality.



"In this category, the magic stones obtained in the other four categories are also counted. In other words, no matter which discipline you are assigned to, you will be asked to collect magic stones in your spare time. And..."



 



 In addition to this, there is also a special rule that adds a bonus to the class that brings the most high-grade magic stones. However, there is no way that Class E can defeat such a strong monster, so this bonus will be treated as if it were not there from the start.





"Thank you, Tachiki. Let's start by asking the members what they want."



 



 A small sheet of paper was handed out at the signal of Marashima-kun. You are asked to write your name and what you want to do in one of the five events on the form. ...... Now, which one should I choose? I think it's best to just use the total amount of magic stones and make it look like a mob. On the other hand, I'd rather refrain from busy events like designated points where you have to compete for the order of arrival.



"But, you know, Reach of depth  is a discarded species. Who would want to do it?"


 



 A classmate asked the obvious question. As Mr. Tachiki had said earlier, "It's a discarded event," and there was no chance of winning in Class E. The only thing they seem to want is to get the participation prize, but even getting to the tier where they can get it is a risk.



"After all, it should be done by those who are useless. You can at least get a participation award if you follow the other classes."

"The useless ones are either ...... Kuga or Butao."

" But you know I heard Kuga's level is now 6."



 



 Something disturbing is going on in the air. Kuga-san and I are being singled out, but she seems to have changed the display of the "fake" to level 6 right away. I wonder if it's safe to make it level 6 so suddenly. Won't she be found out?



"Seriously? She just didn't measure it? So it's decided it will be Butao."

"Do it for the class, Buta-o."

"Hey! Everybody wait."



 



 Satsuki was about to say something, but Lisa quickly pulled her hand to stop her. Then she looked at me and nodded. Could it be that she  want me to do the reach depth?

(TL: If it was me in that situation I would just let the class lose.. .)
 



 In the game, there was an event called the class competition, and you could choose the event, but the depth of arrival was the most difficult event. There are some perks such as increasing the heroine's sensitivity if you win, but competing against the highest ranked class in this early stage of the game is almost impossible. Like the Kariya event, it was regarded as an event for the second round only.



 



 Of course, Lisa is not asking us to win. So what is the goal? I have no idea.



"Narumi, will you do it?The future of Class E is at stake.

"What, the future?"



 



 As I was thinking about what to do, Marashima tapped me on the shoulder, saying something about the future of E class, but no matter how you look at it, you're forcing trouble on me.I feel as if I'm a corporate employee being transferred to a dangerous place.



 



 It's not a bad idea to take on the job and earn the favor of my classmates, since someone else will be doing it anyway.



 



 And if I can do it alone, I'll feel more comfortable. I think I'll leave my terminal in the locker at the entrance to the hierarchy that will let me have the rest of the time to do whatever I want. What? I've got a delicious feeling when I think about it.

(TL:Finding opportunity in every disaster~Souta Narumi)



 





 If it's for everyone's sake, I'll pretend to agree, and Marashima-kun patted me on the shoulder in a good mood, saying, "You're the star we've been expecting." Depth of attainment must have been a problem for him as the class leader. If I can solve this problem and make the process more pleasant, it will be worth taking on the task.



"If you're not Narumi, please write down your preferred event on the form and hand it to me or Tachiki. We're dismissed for today!"



 



 The group for each event will be decided based on each individual's wishes and the balance of strength. From now on, each group will gather for strategy meetings and dungeon dives. I'm not sure if this is relevant to me as I'll be participating in the bocce event.



"Thank you, Buta-o."

"Thank you, Buta-o." "You must get the  prize, even if it kills you!"

"I guess we're done with the slowpokes now."

(TL:Told ya, he should have let them lose)



 



 It feels good to be useful to the class. I'm humming my sister's tune as I get ready to leave.



"Hey."



 



 The tone of voice is grumpy, yet clear and easy to hear. And this is my childhood friend Kaworu, isn't it? Is there something I can do for you?


"Are you sure ...... that it is fine to make such a impossible guarantee?"



 



 You're saying that I've decided to take a cheap shot at reaching depth.I can get the participation award at least, so don't worry about that.



"I'm fine. I'll follow the other classes and make sure I get at least the participation award."

"...... If you get into a fight, you will die, okay?"


 



 I lowered my willow eyebrows, knowing that if anything happened to me, Hanano would be sad. It's true that if my level is as high as the database indicates, I'll have to risk my life just to get the participation prize.


 



 Kaworu from Butao's point of view may seem carefree, but she is essentially a caring girl. I feel bad that I made her worry about me.



"I'm supposed to go up to the seventh floor next time. So on Sunday..."

"Kaworu.  team up with me for the class competition."



 



 Kaworu was about to say something, but her words were interrupted by a low, moist voice. I looked over and saw a blonde longhair approaching me, brushing his hair.



"Oh.........are you still being sexually harassed again?If you're ever in need of help, you can count on me. I'll knock him out with one punch."

"...... It's not like that."



 



 Mr. Tsukishima stared at me quizzically. What do you mean, "again"? I'm sure I haven't sexually harassed anyone since I entered high school. Maybe.



 



 Kaworu, on the other hand, seems to be in a steep mood from her facial expression. At this rate, Tsukishima-kun does not seem to have made any progress. However, the heroine of Dun-Ex is usually given the choloin attribute, so it is not always the same after this. However--



 



 He's finally starting to hit on her without hiding it, even in front of me. I can't help but feel that my Butao-tailed mind is getting a little fuzzy. I thought that since I had kept my distance from Kaworu, this intense love affair would have calmed down a bit, but it seems that this was not the case.



 



 As I was hesitating to leave, Lisa and Satsuki came up behind me and spoke to me in a very friendly manner.



"Good job~But its difficult to find the promising star ...... phew."

"Damn it, they put everythimg on Souta. It's terrible!"



 



 Since we recently made a pact, the girls have been very friendly with me both in and out of the dungeon. Just being able to talk to these girls cleansed the awkward atmosphere and filled me with energy. I'm grateful for that.



"Hey,  I wonder if you're free on Sunday. I'd like you to accompany me shopping."

"Hey, Hayase-san and Tsukishima-kun?  Were they talking about something?"



 



 Satsuki noticed Kaworu and Tsukishima-kun standing near me, and we looked at each other.



"Nothing ....... I'm leaving now."

"Hey, wait, Kaworu."


 



 Kaworu returns on her heels and Tsukishima-kun follows after her. Seeing the two of them in the background made me feel bewildered again.

TL Note- Let me impart some knowledge Alucrad has sponsored chapters ,dog lickers like Tsukishima get nothing. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts