A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 15

Chapter 2- What if.

(TL:By Rafael)





"Oh, can you please tell me that red-haired lady swordswoman's name? She was the first one to help me, but I haven't been able to thank her."(Lina)



 



 As we were chatting at the entrance of the inn, Lina suddenly asked me a question.

 

 I answered without any particular caution.





"That person is Erio-san."(Cleo)





 





 Then, the girl's shoulders seemed to jump.



"Erio......"(Lina)



 



 Then, Lina repeated  the name as if she was thinking something.

 

 I tilted my head, thinking that Lina's behavior was indeed strange.



"What's wrong?"(Cleo)

"No, no! It's nothing! It's just--"(Lina)

"...... Just?"(Cleo)



 



 So I ask her, and she says with a somber expression.





"What if?"(Lina)


(TL: Here my readers , we have our Chapter title)


 





 As if she had made up her mind.





"What would you do, Cleo, if one of your own had killed someone else?"(Lina)





 





 So, as if to test me.

 

 I hesitated at her words, put my hand on my chin and thought about it. After a short pause, I chose the one that I thought was the only correct response according to me.

 

 Then I carefully searched for the right words to say.



"First, I would ask why. Why did you commit the crime?"(Cleo)

".................."(Lina)



 



 Lina listened to me in silence.



"And  if it's something that can't be undone, I would want to join hands and try to help . I think that's what friends are for."(Cleo)

"Well, then, What if--"(Lina)





 





 But then she hesitated.

 

She took one breath, then looked straight at me and said.





"What if that Erio-san had killed my sister ......?--and."(Lina)





 





 Her eyes were sad.

 

 I stared back into her eyes and patted her on the head. And then.





"It's okay. Even if that's the case..."(Cleo)





 





 I tell her with the biggest smile I can muster.





"Erio, she's not the kind of person who kills people for no reason."(Cleo)







◆◇◆







 







 --I'm not sure what I am thinking anymore.

 

 There are definitely hateful feelings. The hatred of having your only flesh and blood taken from you is unbearable.

 

 So, why was that? It seemed to me that she had been crying at that time. She didn't shed any tears, and her tone was nonchalant.



 



That person was crying.

(TL: She is taking about Erio when she gave the body to her)

 



 As she hugged her sister's corpse, she was wrapped in deep sorrow.

(Flashback ends)

"Sis, ......"(Lina)



 



 I looked at the hairpin that was given to me as a memento.

 

 It was a cheap decoration, but it was a proof of my sister's life that was very important to me.



"What really happened?"(Lina)



 



 I ask myself.

 

 I stopped in the middle of the city and looked up at the sky.

 

 Maybe I'm still missing something big.





"Let's talk with  Erio......."(Lina)





 





 I turned on my heel.

 

 And once again, I was going to the inn to talk to her.

TL Note- Now the story has become among us and everyone is suss.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts