Evil Avalon


Chapter 64-Feast of the Dead

(TL:By Rafael)


"So I should tell Hayase-san that I'll be responsible for helping Souta level up."

"Ah. I'm grateful for your advice. Good luck with the leveling up."

"You too, Souta. I'll see you later."



 



 It was a good idea to participate in the training session, but I was caught between Kuga-san who was trying to test me and Kaworu who was glaring at me from behind, and I couldn't stand it and fled. After that, I had consulted with Satsuki via terminal communication, crying out to her .......



 



 Kuga-san's level is over 20, and she possesses a variety of intelligence skills. I made the mistake of reacting to her high-speed punch by following it with my eyes. I'd like to keep my distance for a while and not participate in the training sessions, but if I said that, Kaworu would probably grab me by the scruff of the neck and take me away.



 



 I'm aware that I don't have any credibility or power to speak up. So I asked Satsuki and Lisa, who are popular and supportive of the class, to help me. If the two of them are willing to help, Kaworu will have no choice but to consider it.



 



 However, if I kept relying on them, my debt would only grow. I want to pay back as soon as possible, especially since I don't know what Lisa will ask of me.



 



 On the other hand, I was surprised by Tenma, who happened to walk by and talk to me. She's currently wearing a full plate mail due to a curse, but she's also one of the great Dun-Ex heroines. I wasn't wary of her because she barely appeared in the beginning of the scenario, but I didn't expect her to know Butao. I'd like to keep my distance from her as well, as the minions who were glaring at me behind Tenma's back would be a pain in the ass to deal with.



 



 The adventurer school is full of problems.



 

 



 

 I'm on the fifteenth floor of a dungeon, thinking about this as I run. I'm here to hunt with my sister.



 



 In contrast to the corridor-like MAP from the tenth to the fourteenth floor, this is a field MAP with no obstructions and a very open view. It's a very open field MAP. However, it is not a place where you can feel open or good at all.



 



 Surrounded by gentle hills and decaying graveyards in places, undead monsters can be seen from a distance slowly writhing around the area. There were also a number of executed criminals hanging from the trees along the way, which combined with the reddish-black sunset sky to create a very eerie atmosphere.



"Hey. I might not want to come here alone."

"I can afford it, though."



 



 My sister looked around and furrowed her brow at the heavy atmosphere. It is true that undead infestations are everywhere, and the scene is far from calm. However, there is a gate and a good hunting ground on this floor. I'm sure we'll be coming back here often, so she'll just have to get used to it.



"Hey, there's a wraith approaching."

That's a wraith's higher species, a ghost. It's a little more durable than the wraith, but it's no problem for us now.



 



 A white, translucent, human-shaped projection. If touched, it will launch a "drain touch" attack that sucks out your life force. It's a spirit body, so physical attacks are completely ineffective, but it doesn't move very fast, so if you have the means to attack with magic, it's not that scary.



"I'll fight back with magic."

"Yes!"



 



 My sister has just learned the Fire Arrow, so I'm teaching her the basics of magic.



 



 If you fire "Fire Arrow" normally at a distant opponent, it will be easily avoided because it doesn't have that much bullet speed. Therefore, you need to use your inertia by running, or activate your skills as if you were throwing to speed up the bullet.


 



 However, the power of magic does not increase just because you shoot it fast. Even if the magic has mass, strangely enough, there is no correlation between speed and collision energy. It must be considered separately from the laws of physics.



 



 On the other hand, the more magic power you put into a spell, the more powerful it becomes. The more magic you put into it, the smaller the increase in power becomes. The only way to get a feel for it is to actually try it.



 



 My sister shot the "Fire Arrow" with auto activation as if she was throwing a stone. The speed is probably a little over 200km/h. A fireball the size of a ping-pong ball is shot at the feet of the ghost, making a curling sound.



"It hit!But it not dead yet. Oh, it's really dead or not?"

"He's staggering. Let's finish him off."



 



 It's a one-handed sword dropped by Volgemut, the boss of the seventh floor, and I slashed at Ghost with the Sword of Volgemut in my right hand, a special sword that has an HP-absorbing effect and can damage opponents with full physical resistance.It's not as powerful as the Attribute Sword, so I'll have to make up for it with the number of slashes I make.





 



After about four slashes, the ghost disappeared with a high-pitched voice as if it were melting into the air, and a few centimeters of magic stone fell to the ground.



"It's big. The color is kind of beautiful. How much is it?"

"The guild's purchase price was 6,000 yen per piece, I think."

"Six thousand yen for one of these?  Tonight's dinner is a brand-name beef shabu~shabu!~"



 



My cash hungry was sister full of motivation as soon as she heard the price of magic stones even though she was  acting scared a moment  ago. If it becomes a magic stone of the monster on the 15th floor, the purchase price will jump up. If you can hunt here, you will be able to make a profit even if it is a party with a large number of people.





"So. What kind of place are we going to hunt today?"

"The execution site known as the Feast of the Dead."

"So ...... that's where we're going. ......"



 



 In the past, there was an anecdote about a certain baron who was executed along with his knights for a crime he did not commit and turned into undead due to a grudge that never cooled down even after his death.



 



 The execution site is located in an area newly added in the DLC, so it's highly likely that it's not generally recognized in this world. In other words, it could be an exclusive hunting ground. There are several other reasons why it is so delicious.



"There are only a limited number of places for monsters to pop, and they crawl out of the ground slowly, so it's easy to get a head start. It's called 'whack-a-mole'."

"Whack-a-mole?I didn't know they came out that fast."



 



 The monsters that come crawling out are a Skeleton Knight with a large shield and a one-handed sword, and a Corpse Warrior with a two-handed sword. Both of these monsters are level 16, one level higher than the average monster that pops up on this 15th floor, but our level 1-9 should be able to defeat them without difficulty.



 



 This is an interesting hunting ground where you can summon a special monster called "Bloody Baron" by placing 12 of the special items they drop in the center.



"The Bloody Baron is ...... the Baron who was executed, right?"

This guy drops items that you can take to "Obaba's store and she'll buy them for 20 ril. The knights that pop up at the same time drop mithril alloy armor. It's in tatters, though."

"Tattered?  What are you going to do with all that stuff?



 



 The ones that drop are not usable as-is, as they are bent or dented. However, the material they are made of contains a lot of mithril, and if cast into a material, it can be made into a high quality mithril alloy.



 



 The main purpose of this dive is to collect as much dungeon currency and materials as possible at the execution site we're heading to in order to prepare for the 20th floor and beyond.



 



 



 



 As we were moving over some gentle hills, the sky, which had been glowing with the setting sun, suddenly began to darken. We must have entered the DLC area.



 



 All the plants around here are dead, and a thin, screeching wind is blowing, giving the air a more somber feel. In the distance, I could see a fenced-in pasture-like area about 50 meters on each side. That was our destination, the execution site known as the Feast of the Dead.



 



 I got a little closer and looked inside the place. There are no obstacles or buildings inside, and you can see a few places where the ground has somehow risen.



"There's no one here. It looks like we have the whole place to ourselves."

"There's not a lot of people here for a ...... party of the dead."



 



 I can see two undead slowly wandering around inside. I'm sure my sister thought there would be many more, but she was half right and half wrong.



 



 The monsters in this execution site have a feature where they keep popping up so that there are always two of them. Even if you defeat them, they will soon come out of a pile of dirt somewhere, but when they do, they will slowly crawl out, so once you've defeated the two that are currently walking around, it's a simple matter of smashing their defenseless bodies.



 



 In the game, there were twelve points where they would come out of the ground, and players would set up at all of them, and the moment they came out, the player in front of them would take them down, making the hunt a simple task. This time, however, there were two of us, so we had to run quickly to the spot when it crawled out. Well, I guess we should take our strength into consideration and take a break in between.



"The bone with the shield in the foreground is the Skeleton Knight, and the one with some flesh in the back is the Corpse Warrior."

"The skeleton knight uses the [Knight] skill, right?"

"The skeleton knight uses the [Knight] skill, I believe. The [Shield Bash]. If you get hit while the skill is active, you'll be unable to move for a short time, so just be careful with that."

"Okay"



 



 I put my luggage down on the spot, put the special weapon I brought on my back, and prepared for battle. I'm going to take it easy today since it's just a trial run to see how it goes.



 



"I'll go for the Corpse Warrior, Ileave the skeleton to you."

"I'll take care of the skeleton."



 



 At the same time, we run towards the monster. My sister seems to be faster than I am, so she gets into the fight with the skeleton knight before I do. The other side responded to the first blow with a shield, but Hanano already went around the blind spot and entered the slashing motion. There is a level difference between the two, and she should be able to defeat them without any problem.



 



 My opponent is a Corpse Warrior. He's carrying a longsword that's wider and longer than a single-handed sword, as if he's dragging it. It's a very heavy weapon, but I have to assume that a monster level 16 would be able to wield that kind of weight with one hand.



 



 As I approached it at a distance of about 30 meters, it roared low and rushed at me from the other side.



 



 I thought that the distance between us would be shortened at once, but when I was about five meters away, he swung his sword as if he was slashing upward from below. As it did so, it threw up earth and sand along with it. I could see the line of fire flying at me, so I dodged around to the outside and used my free left hand to throw the "Fire Arrow" in a side throw.



 



 Although it was a magic throw from a slightly unreasonable position, it landed on the side of the Corpse Warrior far faster than a normal person could throw it. It only did enough damage to stagger him a little, but that was enough. Now it was our turn.



 



 With only a few moments to adjust my stance, I approached and activated my Weapon Skill. The Corpse Warrior hurriedly tried to use his weapon as a shield, but it was too late.



"Be sliced in half!《Slash》."



 



 This is the first weapon skill that [Fighters] learn, 《Slash》 This is the skill that Kariya uses in the Kariya event in the game, but that was a big sword "slash", so it has power and reach, but it also has the limitation that it needs to be stored. I have a light and thin sword in my right hand. The time it takes to activate it is much faster.



 



 A horizontal slash was struck from the left side of the body, which was not fully protected by the weapon, and the Corpse Warrior's upper body and lower body were neatly separated around the navel, and it fell to the ground with a crash.


 If one look behind him, one'll see that the skeleton knight had already turned into a demon stone, so his sister was able to kill him instantly.



"Okay, the next one will come out in about 30 seconds, so let's hit that one.

"Whack-a-mole! Just hit it as hard as you can with this big blunt object!"



 My sister takes out a 1 meter long mace from her vertical backpack. It's a spiked mace with a heavy head with thorns at the end of the handle, and it weighs over 20 kilograms, which is too much for an average person to handle, but my sister wields it dexterously with one hand, even though she's a bit limp. I'm sure it's made of steel, but if it's that thick, it should be able to withstand a little rough handling.



 The execution site is a delicious hunting ground where you can unilaterally attack defenseless monsters trying to crawl out of the earth. On the other hand, once they come out, it's a normal battle, so you need to defeat them before then. To defeat a monster equipped with armor and shield in a short time, it is more efficient to crush it at once with a super heavy blunt weapon like this than with a sword.



 I took out the spike mace I had brought with me and tried wielding it with one hand. Even though the weight itself isn't too much, I have to hold on with my feet to a certain extent or else my body will be carried away. I'll just have to get used to it and practice.



 As I was thinking about this, a bony hand sprouted from the front right. That hand must be Skeleton Knight.



"There it is, over there!

"That's how you do it. Watch this."



 The bony hand scratched at the dirt and sand and tried to crawl out of the soil. It seems to take about 10 seconds for it to come out completely after all. . I swung my spiked mace at the gaping skeleton knight with all my might.



"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!"



 With a thud, a huge cloud of dust flew up. After shaking it off, all that was left were scattered bones that fell apart. It soon melted away and turned into a magical stone. Perhaps it was because the ground was softer, or perhaps it was because my physical strength had increased, but the impact on my hand was less than I expected. I could have hit it a little harder, but if I could defeat it with my current attack, it would be enough.



 In addition to the magic stone, there is a low probability that it will drop a quest item to call the Bloody Baron, [the guts of the poison], but it is not something that falls so conveniently.



"Wow! Oh, there's another one over there, I'll go check it out."

"We are going to try this for a while."



 And so, in the deserted execution site, the earth continued to resound with a thump, thump, thump.


TL Note- Well here is the scheduled Chapter, No sponsor so far but we are once again diving in the Labyrinth. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts