Evil Avalon


Chapter 63-Kaworu Hayase ⑥.

{SPONSORED CHAPTER}

(Sponsor-Alucard)

(TL:By Rafael)

-- Kaworu Hayase's POV



"Naoto-kun, is this what it looks like? I'd like you to tell me a little more about it."

"You're the real deal, aren't you, Yuma-kun? I think you can compete with the top class when it comes to handling swords.



 



 This was the first practice session for classmates of level 3 and below. The girls who participated in the event were all clinging to Naoto and Yuma with catcalls and sweet nothings. On the other hand, they give me and Sakurako a cold stare.



 



 I thought that they were approaching us because they wanted to form a fixed party with us, but then I realized that they also think that we are now level 6 thanks to our partnership with those two.



 



 It's true that Naoto and Yuma are brilliant and talented, and their contribution to dungeon diving is immeasurable. Still, it would be a shame if they didn't pay any respect to the efforts that Sakurako and I have made.



 



 However, there was no point in saying that, so I left the girls to their own devices and went on to teach the other participants.



 



 



 



 First, I noticed the pair of Nitta-san and Tsukishima-kun.



 



 I had seen Nitta-san's tachi-suji in a sword-fighting class, although I hadn't spent much time with him. At that time, I thought it was an unusual kata, but it must not have been particularly bad. Despite this, the fact that she was still at level 3 meant that she probably hadn't spent much time in dungeon dives. Rather than instructing her poorly, I should adjust her schedule and provide her with hunting ground information.



 



 And recently, Tsukishima-kun has been approaching me in various ways. He once asked me to go on a date with him. I don't feel bad that he likes me, but if he has to be invited to training sessions. I would like to see him raise his level and show his strength as an adventurer before inviting me.



 



 The two of them have been talking since a while ago and have not started practicing. Rather than enjoying ......, they were talking about something with a serious look on their faces. They were talking about something with a serious look on their faces rather than a happy  look. I could hear him saying something about dungeons, so it seemed he wasn't just making small talk, but since it was a practice session, I'd better pay attention if it took too long.


 



 I make a mental note of that and look at the next participant.



 



 Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sota and Kuga-san facing each other, looking unmotivated.



 



 Kuga-san was just standing there with her usual sleepy look on his face, and Sota was restless, though he had his sword at the ready. These two are the people that have been on the agenda for the "E-Class Enhancement Plan" with Naoto.



 



 Kuga-san is the lowest level 2 in the class, and it's obvious that his dungeon diving is not going well. She is basically alone most of the time and may not be able to form a party.



 



 Even if Sota is level 3, he is suspected to have been raised by power leveling and is likely to have technical problems. Looking at Sota before he entered the school, I could not help but have such thoughts. Today, I would like to carefully assess the level of their swords and give them appropriate guidance.



 



 I watched them for a while with that in mind, but they just faced each other and didn't start at all, not even a hint of motivation. I couldn't resist calling out to them.



"It's a practice session, so don't be shy about getting into it."

"......"

"......"


(TL: When the teacher put you,the otaku with the silent kid )
 



 Both Sota and Kuga-san are silent. I was thinking of saying something else.



"Why do I have to be a part of this?"



 



 She began to complain about the situation. 

"That's because Kuga-san is a level 2. There is a class competition nearby. We want to help you raise your level."

 When I said that, she said something outrageous.


"Then I'll level up to your level by the next round. I'm leaving today."

Even if you  want to go home, you can't do it until you convince me."


 



 If we are to compete with the top classes, we can't afford to have any dropouts. In addition, this practice session is also for Kuga's sake, I told her to admonish her, and she replied with a violent argument that she would raise her level to 6 and I should leave her alone.. I wondered how hard it was for her to get to this level. ......



 



 But I can't just do what she says. If you can raise it so quickly, why are you still at level 2?

(TL: Would be a burn if she was level 2)

"Then I'm going to beat the crap out of this guy right in front of me."

"Buhi!"



 



 Sota trembles as Kuga-san becomes more and more grumpy.


 



 The weapon is a rubber sword and a protector is attached to it. I'd rather have you do it with all your might without hesitation. As I was thinking this, Kuga-san lowered her center of gravity slightly, spun the practice sword she was holding around and held it in her opposite hand, and started to do a boxing-like rhythm.



(What is it? I don't know, it seems to be a style far from sword fighting. It's more like a martial art.)



 



 I don't care if it's a dagger or a knife, the practice sword is almost a meter long. If I held such a thing backhanded, I would not be able to put any power into the weapon and my attack power would be greatly reduced.



 



 The distance between her and Sota was about four meters. As I watched what she was going to do, she closed the distance with a single step and punched Sota in the side of the head with the hand holding the sword. In boxing, you could call it a hook.



(Fast! She went for a punch instead of a slash!)



 



 The initial speed of the punch was faster than I expected, and it was right in front of him, and it was a high-speed hook from outside my vision. There was no way Sota could handle it, and he was stunned and unable to move while looking ahead. I thought she was going to get a perfect shot at his temple - but Kuga-san seemed to have stopped short.



"Well,You're right, Kuga-san. I couldn't react at all."

"......"



 



 Sota was surprised, breaking out in a cold sweat. I'm sure that's true, the attack might have been unavoidable even for me, a level 6. It was such a fast and sharp attack. She was using centrifugal force to draw a semicircle and put his weight on it, so she must have put a lot of power into it.



 



 Even though Sota was wearing a headgear, he will take some damage if he was hit by a hook like that.



 



 Even if he had ducked backwards, he would have been cut by the sword in his other hand. If he ducked, Kuga-san's next move would be to squeeze his left hand and aim for a body blow. It was a dead end as soon as he got in the pocket.

(TL - 3 stage combo)
 



 It was a series of moves that an amateur with no fighting experience would never be able to imitate. Even though it was a short stop, she showed her high fighting skills with just one punch.



 



 And yet...



"Hey, now. Did you see that attack?"

"...... No, I didn't see you at all! I think you should get a new partner because I'm no match for you. What do you think, Kaworu-kun?"



 



 For some reason, Kuga-san said that her high-speed hook had just been spotted, and she tried to look into the panicked Sota's face. Leaving that aside . And Kaworu, "you"? I'd like him to say "chan" at least.



"Yes. Then let's start again."

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's be a little more gentle. I'm getting a stomachache, can I rest over there?"



 



 Sota tries to use a fake illness to say that his stomach hurts while pointing to the back, and Kuga says in a whisper, "I won't stop  this time." As if her previous lack of motivation was a lie, she once again takes up a rhythm in a boxing-like stance.



 



 I thought Sota would be okay because she's one level higher than him, even with his lack of skill, but after seeing her attack earlier, I think she might be too much for him to handle. I looked around at the other participants to see if I should change her pairing partner - I could see a full body armor with a white and silver metallic sheen walking from the side of the school building, accompanied by several black clothes.



(I've heard a lot of ...... strange rumors about that guy, but she really does wear full plate mail all the time, doesn't she?)



 



 This is the second seat in the first year A class of this adventurer's high school, and in terms of close combat ability, it is said to be even better than the top seat, the outstanding Tenma Akira. For some reason, she wears armor at all times, and no one has ever seen her true face.



 



 On the chests of the men in black suits following behind her, you can see a mark with the word "Heaven" written inside a zero. All of them are Tenma's personal butlers, and they are always accompanying her and taking care of her even though they are on campus. They are not mere butlers, but rather martial-arts butlers who follow her into the dungeon and support her in battle. It is rumored that each one of them has the fighting power of a clan.



 



 Such a colorful group was hurrying towards us. There was no sound of metal from the heavy-looking full plate mail, as if some kind of magic was at work.



 



 As I waited for them to pass by, holding my breath, Tenma suddenly stopped in front of me and began to stare at Sota's face.



'Hey. You there. You look incredibly thin. What's wrong?"

(TL:God tier diet)

 



 I thought her voice was muffled due to the helmet covering her face, but it was very easy to hear, just like a telephone. It seems that she is using a vocalizing magic tool to speak.



"Huh? Me?"

"Yes, Narumi Sota. I'm talking about you.



 



 Tenma-san looked at Sota and called him by his full name and said that he had lost weight. I wondered why he knew about Sota. Sota seemed to think so as well, and asked back with a dumbfounded look on his face.



"Well, how did you know my name?

"You're the only one who's really fat in this school. I felt sympathy for you because we are also fat. So, how did you manage to lose weight in such a short time?



 



 Sota became sluggish. Although the Tenma family is from a merchant family, they are a respectable noble family that has been knighted by the Japanese government for their contributions to dungeon related technology. It was natural for him to feel nervous when such a person spoke to him!.



 



 However, I wanted to hear it too. He was so reluctant to go on a diet,......, and on the contrary, he was constantly binge drinking and living a lazy and unhealthy life.Now, he is no longer extremely obese, and he even seem to be gaining muscle. I wondered if there was something that changed his mind, since he was attending the training session today without complaining.



I wondered if he had a change of heart. 


"You don't feel comfortable talking here?Then let's go over there."


 



 Tenma-san pointed to a large black car. The unusually long limousine that I often see near the school gate seems to belong to Tenma's family.



 



 However, he is in the middle of a practice session and it is not a good idea to take Sota with him. How on earth should I ...... call out to her and explain?



"..... Wait a minute. I'm the one who's has business with  this guy. You're in the way."

"Hmm?Who are you?"



 



 Kuga-san stepped forward and used her practice sword to brusquely push Tenma-san away. The expression on the faces of the men behind her turned grim at the gesture, and the place became tense at once. Tenma, on the other hand, turned the device on her arm toward Kuga and began to operate the screen.



"According to the database, ...... you are Kotone Kuga, class E, first year. Level 2 ...... is only 2? So you're here to fight with us."

"So what?"



 



 When she finds out that Kuga-san's level is 2, she strikes a pose to show her surprise with exaggerated gestures.. It's hard to tell if she's really surprised since she's wearing a helmet, but I guess this is Tenma's way of communicating.



 



 On the other hand, I don't know her level since it's not listed in the database, but I'm sure it's quite high since she's the second seat of A class. Even if Kuga-san had some fighting experience, it would be meaningless in front of the huge difference in level.



 



 And that's not all. The other party is a nobleman, so you can't predict what she'll do if you talk back.



 



 The adventurer's school is open to both nobles and commoners, and there are school rules that eliminate discrimination and differences in treatment based on status. However, we all know that this is just a prelude. In fact, the men behind me were shouting in anger, snapping their necks and hands in response to Tenma's comments.



 



 Kuga-san is excited about something, and Sota is fidgety and unreliable. I knew I had to be brave and protect her.



" I'm sorry, but we're having a practice session in class E right now, and, well, Kuga-san here doesn't mean any harm either. Please be gentle. ......"

"Get out of the way."

 "What?"



 



 One of Tenma's attendants pushed me by the shoulders and I jumped away from him. This is inside the magic field. In the face of high-level physical enhancement, a level 6 me would be easily flung away just by being pushed with the palm of his hand.


 



 Yuma and Naoto also noticed the grim atmosphere and approached me to see what was going on. But Kuga didn't move an eyebrow and continued to stare at Tenma in full body armor.



"Miss, what can I do for you?"

"Hmm...I'm going to let you off the hook for your courage today Normally, I would have smashed her. . So long, Narumi."



 



After saying that, Tenma-san left in a flash. The men who had been radiating anger seemed to have lost interest in us and quickly left the scene. I almost fell to my knees from a sense of helplessness that the crisis had passed me by.



"Hey, Kuga, if you get into a fight like this, we're going to get hurt too."

"Fufu~But I wanted to see what would happen~."



 



 Tsukishima-kun and Nitta-san, who were watching the earlier altercation, laugh and express their concerns. It's easy for them to say that there's too much difference in levels to even have a fight.


"Hmmm. I've been interrupted. So, ...... that?"



 



 Kuga-san looks around to continue practicing, but there is no sign of Sota.


 

 



 

 Well he ran away.


TL Note- We thank Alucard for sponsoring this Chapter and as I said Souta used the most used strategy.....running away. You can also sponsor Chapter like Alucard by clicking the blue support me button. 



Comments

  1. And kuga is supposed to be a US spy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I think our mc will be a much better spy than her. She's like those CN mc who can't keep a low profile and has anger issues.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter Alucard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts