Heroic Exploration Tales Starting from Mob


Chapter 2: Servant Card



 (TL:By Fate)

As in a typical fantasy, when you defeat a monster in Japanese dungeon, drop items are rarely left behind.

 

Drop items have been confirmed from all monsters except slime, but the drop rate is said to be about 1 to 3%.

 

The main source of revenue for the explorers is the proceeds for the sale of magic core and drop items.

The major drop items are Potions, weapons, armors and materials containing rare metals.

In rare cases, a Magic Orb that can use magic, a Skill Block to learn skills and Vital Jewel which increases attribute value.

 

Obviously, I have seen the rare items only on TV.

Major items are sold at the National Dungeon Market, so I've never bought them, but I used to go window-shopping almost every week until I was 15 years old and could dive into the dungeon.

Of course, rare items are also sold, but they are sold only in the back room of the thick door exclusively for VIPs, and of course I have never entered.

 

‘Servant Card’ is one of the rare items that sits in the VIP room.

According to the information via TV, it seems that you can summon monsters and warriors called Servants.

It looks like a deck card in a card game, but it's made of metal instead of paper.

It seems that only the first explorer to summon can use it.

When attacked, just like humans, its HP decreases, and when it reaches 0, it seems that it can never be called again.

However, it seems that the reduced HP will be recovered after one day after returning it to the card.

It is a rare item that is coveted by explorers along with magic.

 

I don't even know how many times I had a dream of summoning a red dragon and firing maximal magic to get rid of the Demon King.

I can't say it in a loud voice, but I still dream from time to time what I dreamed when I was 17 years old.

 

There are many different servants that can be called with the ‘Servant Card’.

According to the cards currently confirmed, the weakest servant of the monster type is said to be a Goblin, and the strongest servant is said to be a Dragon species.

 

I got that ‘Servant Card’.

 

I peeped nervously at the card in my trembling hand.

Even the weakest goblins are much stronger than I am. Of course, it's also welcome, but to tell you the truth, please be a little stronger. I'm not saying it's has to be a dragon. At least be a wild bear.

 

“I beg you! Uuu!? God!!” (Kaito)

 

The voice of my heart was leaking from my mouth.

I’ve never seen this card before.

A beautiful woman with light blue hair, blue eyes and Western-style armor. No, they are feathers…. Is this an angel??  Or a god???

There was a picture.

I looked at the status in a hurry.

 

Type: Valkyrie

Name: Sylphy

LV: 1

HP: 120

MP: 90

BP: 170

Skill: God's Lightning Strike, Iron Wall Maiden

Equipment: God Spear Rajuneit, God Armor Leggings

 

is what it displayed.

 

Humans seem to be unable to move when something beyond their imagination happens.

My throat is empty, but my voice does not come out at all. I can’t muster strength. My whole body is trembling.

 

I have no memory of how I came home after that.

 

After arriving home, I've already been looking at the card for over two hours while lying on the bed.

 

After calming down a little, I searched for ‘Servant Card Valkyrie’ on my smartphone.

The search results are just hits of similar words such as card games.

? ? ?

Is there anything you can't search for these days?

Is this card probably fake?

 

This time, I searched for ‘Valkyrie’.

This time there were a lot of hits.

Valkyrie . . .  A demigod in Norse Mythology.

What is a demigod?

Is it God?  Is that even possible? Is it fake after all?

 

I couldn't summon it except in the dungeon, so I fell asleep feeling dizzy without knowing whether it was true or false.

 

TL Note:

Hi everyone.

My name is Fate.

I am a translator in training as told by my friend Rafael. This is my first series.

I have picked up this series because it looked interesting (and because I am a sucker for harem isekai series).

I have just started translating this as a hobby and have been admitted in college recently so I will be busy quite a bit but I will try and post a chapter per week.

I hope you will like my translation and continue reading the series.

If you find any mistakes or improvements, do not hesitate to post it in the comments.

Thank you for reading this series.


Next


Prev


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts