Heroic Exploration Tale Starting from Mob


Chapter  1 Slime Slayer (LV 3)

(TL:By Fate)


April 2028 I’m still diving in a dungeon today.

It’s been two years since I have been diving almost every day.

In 2019, an underground labyrinth suddenly appeared in the world.

Till present, around 1500 underground labyrinths have been identified around the world.

These underground labyrinths are now called Dungeons.

There are great variety of dungeons ranging from single floor dungeon to dungeon with more than 100 floors whose lower floors are yet to be confirmed.


When the dungeon was first discovered,

“Ancient Ruins?” (???)

“No, underground people?” (???)

“Buried treasure?” (???)


And henceforth, TV was bustling every day.


In case of Japan, the self-defense forces conducted a large-scale investigation under the jurisdiction of the country.

The 3 years of investigation resulted that the dungeon was full of fantasy elements, monsters and treasures.

It turns out that inside dungeon, levels, status and magic also exists.


Following the investigation, the legislation as developed in 2024 and it was made open to the public.


During this period, qualifications for diving into the dungeon, a dungeon exploration researcher, commonly known as an ‘Explorer’, was established.

Qualifications can be applied if you are 15 years old or more.

If you transfer 100,000 yen as a tuition fee and take a 7-day course, you will receive a search license.


As the same time, I, Takagi Kaito, turned 15, got an explorer license quickly with 100,000 yen, which was a saved collection of New Year’s gifts and money.

The day after I got an uncontrollable sense of anticipation, I was diving in the dungeon.


Two years after that, I’m still diving in the ‘1st floor’ of the dungeon in my neighborhood.


“Not here, not here.” (Kaito)


I was looking for prey. Those, that I hunt here every day –


After walking around for about an hour, I finally found it.

A jelly-like monster, Slime, about the size of a soccer ball.


So as not be noticed by the blue slime about 20 meters away, I approached it without making any noise and sprayed a powerful insecticide to kill it.

At the same time as the spray, the slime made a gag-like noise like “Guchu, Gunyu, Boyoyon” and disappeared.

I resume my breathing “su—ha—” that I had stopped.


This is the deadly Slime Insecticide Breath that I had devised.

I don’t know what the principle is, but when I use the insecticide that I happened to bring in about the third day after I started diving, it worked dramatically.

I’ve been doing this ever since.


After the slime disappeared, a stone about the size of little fingernail remained, so I recovered it.

This stone is the so-called monster’s heart, a magic core.

You can buy the magic core at the Explorer’s office.

One slime magic core cost about 500 yen—

After school, you can dive for about 3 hours and find about 3 slimes. 

500-yen x 3 slimes make about 1500 yen a day.


As an explorer with dream and hope, my earnings are about 35,000 yen after diving around 25 days a month.

From there, insecticides costs 5,000 yen a month, so it’s about 30,000 yen.


Cheap. Too cheap.


It costs 30,000 yen a month despite the risk of life.

Of course, because they are explorers with dreams and hopes, explorers above the Silver rank earn 1 million yen a month.

Unfortunately, I am the lowest rank, a Wood rank explorer.

Even so, I am working hard everyday as an explorer specializing in one level for two years instead of working part-time after school.

Only slimes appear on the first level.

In exchange of being safe and secure, slime does not produce drop items.

All that is left is the magic core.

I exchanged 3 magic cores today as well, received 1,500 yen and went home.


This is my current status.


Takagi Kaito

LV: 3

HP: 12

MP: 3

BP: 10

Skill: --

Equipment: Insecticide


After hunting slime for two years, the level went up from 2 to 3.

HP increased by 5 and MP increased by 2.

BP is an abbreviation for Battle Points and is the so-called combat power.

These numbers are suitable for Wood rank.


It is completely a mob.

At first, I had dreams and hopes.


“Someday I’ll become an Orichalcum rank!!!!” was what I said to my friends in the class.

Now, it is just a black history.


I have descended to the second floor only once.

The second floor is the level of lower humanoid monsters such as Goblins and Ghouls.

I licked it completely with the feeling of inferiority.

I thought I would die. No really, I was going to die.

Goblin is a small fry? Fantasy forever small fry character?


That is “Absolutely a lie!!!”.


It was understandable after a little thought.

Humanoid monsters have intelligence and monster-specific strength.


What is the element that can make an amateur high school student win?

It isn’t even 1mm big.


The deadly Insecticide Breath was also almost ineffective.

A goblin of about 150 cm beat me up and down, and I was about to be stripped of my clothes, and while becoming a bloody man, I escaped to the first floor for my life.


I did not have a weapon so maybe it did not consider me an enemy and so I was saved, but if I had a weapon, I was 100% dead.

Since then, I have properly reflected on myself and became a first-floor resident.

Over the course of two years, I have met several fellow explorers.

I got the title of Slime Slayer from my friends.


I was diving down the first floor as usual.


“Should I go home after defeating another one?” (Kaito)


While talking to myself, I suddenly spotted a golden slime as I was walking in search of slimes.


“What? I’ve never heard of golden slime.” (Kaito)


I was a little curious, but as usual, I crept up to it and carried out the insecticide brace.


The slime disappeared while making the usual sound of “Guchu, Gunyu, Boyoyon”.


“Huh!?” (Kaito)


When I approached it to recover the magic core as usual, a card was dropped along with the magic core.

It is said that slime does not produce drop items. In fact, I have defeated nearly 2,000 of them so far, but never

There were no drop items.

For my first drop item, I was a little scared and picked up a mysterious card.


“No way, this is…” (Kaito)


In my trembling hands was a super rare item that could summon a servant called a Servant Card, which I had only seen on TV.

TL Note- Hey guys Rafael here, You might know us for our series like A rank and Second in everything, We are the Valhalla Translation ( You might already know that though) , Basically it's a training project for our new TL so the chapters will come weekly as he will focus on quality rather than quantity (different from me), Thank you for reading.


Next


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts