Evil Avalon


Chapter 54-Heroine of a Tragedy


{SPONSORED CHAPTER-1}

(Sponsor- Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)

Today was Saturday, and there was a long line of adventurers in front of the entrance gates of the dungeon, more than usual. Normally, I'd be tempted to retort that this was some kind of amusement park attraction, but...



 



 If I were alone, I'd be sick of waiting, but now that I'm with two cute girls, it doesn't bother me at all, and we can talk about anything from strategy meetings about how to hunt Orcs on the third floor, to classmates and classes, and other small talk that we usually talk about at school. The next thing I knew, I was in a dungeon.



 



 Even inside the dungeon, there were many adventurers coming and going, and the main street to get to the lower floors was packed. The three of us couldn't walk side by side. So Omiya-san stepped forward to lead the way, and Nitta-san and I followed close behind to make sure we didn't stray.



" (So, Narumi, how high did your level go?)"



 



 Nitta-san asks me secretly. By the way, she had told me her level, but I hadn't told her mine. If we are going to build a cooperative relationship, it would be better to disclose my information as well.



"(What? You're already level 19?)"

"(There are many reasons for this as well.)"



 



 She put her hand to her mouth and looked elegantly surprised. In the game, her trademark jet-black full plate armor earned her the nickname "The Black Executioner," and her appearance would make any PK tremble. Well, that's beside the point.



 



 It's not hard to be surprised by the fact that level 19 in such a short time is quite a pace even in the game. The difficulty level of the game has increased dramatically since the game became a reality, and even more so if Nitta-san has noticed this by diving herself.



 



 If things had gone according to plan, we would have been level 8 or 9 by now, planning and preparing to go to Obaba's store. However, the forced battle with the unique boss caused me to level up drastically, and I had some doubts.



 



 It's about the monster called "Volgemut," which I don't know anything about.



 



 The way my level rose after I defeated it, I'd say it was around monster level 25. It's too strange that such a monster is placed in the very beginning of the game.



 



 Some floor bosses, like the Orc Lord that pops up on the fifth floor, are clearly stronger than normal monsters, but they are also only five levels higher than the monsters that pop up on that floor. With 10 to 20 adventurers of the appropriate level for that floor, it was possible to defeat them with some ingenuity.



 



 But when it came to the Volgemut, even if a bunch of adventurers of the 7th floor's appropriate level got together, they wouldn't be able to attack it properly, and it would be knocked out under a single blow. If you want to kill for the first time, you can run away and try again,but it's impossible to run away from that. The game balance is too broken. I'm not sure if this is a game or not.


 



 I'll try to include that in my message.


"(I don't remember if there was such a thing in the 7th floor expansion area .......)"



 



  Nitta-san said that she had been to the 7th floor expansion area in the game once. She said that even if it was only once, there was no way she would not have noticed the presence of such a person in the castle lord's room, a prominent place. It's true that if you go to that area, you'll probably go to the fortress, and if you go inside it, you'll probably go to the Lord's Chamber at the far end.



 



 I wonder if those monsters are unique to this world. Other than the citadel in the expansion area, I haven't found any other places that deviate from the game's specifications so far, but I don't think I'd be able to hold on for dear life if such an out-of-spec monster was waiting for me in the future.



"(Even so, how did you manage to win against such a strong opponent who suddenly rose to level 19~)"

"(I almost died, though.)"



 



 I used a lot of over-specified skills on a body that hadn't benefited from sufficient physical enhancement, which resulted in my arms, legs, and entire body being messed up and my nerves being partially burned out. Even though I was able to obtain a large amount of experience and unique items, the risk/reward was completely out of proportion. I've had enough of that kind of recklessness.



 



 She asked me if I had used any of my skills from the game, and I answered honestly that I had. She also seemed to have noticed that she could use the skills that her character had learned in the game.



 



  Nitta-san's job in the game was the [Dark Knight], which features a weapon skill that gives various debuff effects along with attacks. Unlike the Weapon Master, which is full of skills that are useless without high STR, the Dark Knight has a number of debuff skills that do not depend on status. Even at low levels, it is possible to deal incredible damage to opponents with high defenses. Let's hope she doesnt become hostile to me.



 



 



 



 As we talked, we arrived at the second floor entrance plaza. We had to think about how long it would take us to get back, so we took a bathroom break and left immediately.



 



 I was fed up with the amount of time it took to get to the second floor on weekends, even if it was just to go there. There was a waiting list in front of the restroom. I wondered if it would be better to leave a little earlier and stagger the time next time I went in.



 



 When I came out of the restroom, I met up with Omiya-san and the others again, and we immediately set off for the third floor. From here, the crowds eased up a bit and we had more space, so the three of us lay down and walked.



 



 After a few minutes of small talk, Omiya-san started to talk to me with a determined look on her face, "There's something I want you to hear."



"Hey, ......, if we can't have club activities, I'm thinking of starting a circle."



 



 She had been thinking about it ever since the incident at the student council. But a circle.



 



The student council would have to be persuaded to form a club, and judging from Sagara's attitude, it would be impractical to get his opinion across without any track record or contacts. It would take a lot of time to prepare such a track record and contacts, and if we just sit on our hands, time will pass in the dark, and Class E will not have a chance to grow properly.



 



 So instead of starting a club, she wanted to start a circle first, which was expected to be approved soon, and prepare an environment where her classmates could become stronger as soon as possible. A circle can be created with only three people and it is much easier to get approval from the student council. Since the original purpose of the club was to help Class E, there was no need to create a club.



 



 Also, joining a club itself can be a stopgap measure for classmates, and even if they eventually join a club, they can decide what to do after creating a circle as a training ground and building up their skills. Omiya-san's idea is to help everyone who is trying to get back on their feet.



 



 The downside is that, unlike club activities, circle activity fees are almost non-existent, and facilities such as the arena cannot be rented because club activities have priority. Also, you can't participate in competitions or tournaments that have performance bonuses, such as interclub competitions. There are many issues that need to be cleared.



(I'm thinking hard. But...)



 



 The process up to this point is the same as in the game. The problem is what happens after this.



 



 In the main story, Omiya-san's application for the creation of a circle is approved without a hitch, and she goes about her business for Class E. However, such activities are considered unfavorable by the upperclassmen and other classes, and she becomes a target of attacks.



 



 She is repeatedly harassed with mindless abuse and violence, but she grits her teeth and resists desperately. However, her spirit gradually wears out. ...... Finally, she is forced to drop out from school.

(TL: Trash...)

"So, I was wondering if the three of us here could form it."



 



 Omiya-san extended her hand towards me and smiled with an innocent smile. Apparently, she's inviting me too. I'm sure she's already told her roommate, Nitta-san, about the circle, and she's looking at me with a smile.



 



 From the point of view of someone who has experienced Dun-Ex, Omiya-san is a "tragic heroine". If we don't take any action, she might end up just like in the game. No, that's definitely what will happen if I take into account what I've seen and experienced at the Adventurer's School.



 



 Even if we were to save Omiya-san, we would have to deal with a number of troublesome events that would occur after the Circle was established. Not only would there be students who would attack us, but there would also be many factions that would start to move, and if we were not careful, we would be involved in a violent incident. This could lead to unnecessary information leaks and unexpectedly dangerous situations. If we only think about our own safety, we should just say no.



 (TL: only Children choose, men take all)



 --But.



 



 I can't let a girl who works so earnestly for someone else and has a kind heart that cares for everyone without discrimination go through such a terrible experience. I haven't forgotten the debt of gratitude I owe her for helping me out during orientation when I was an outcast. I should repay this favor with a bigger one. Isn't that right, Sota Narumi?



"I'm going in. Because Sachi is my best friend. Narumi-kun, you're also going to join us, aren't you?"



 



 Nitta-san asks me with a smile on her face. I want to know what she's thinking, but it seems she's going to join the circle. She was my strongest enemy and rival in the game, but if she's going to be my ally, it's very reassuring.



"Of course I'm in."



 



 I replied with a thumbs up, tilting my head slightly and winking, but I felt the atmosphere become awkward.


TL Note- And that's how it all began, We thank Krazey for this sponsored Chapter and there are 6 more to come.



Comments

  1. are you magical gal or something.....winking lol
    thnx to raf and krazey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah~ Youth. Truly an age to form circles with friends and stupidly wink as if you were a mahou shoujo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts