I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 10-: Magic tool ideas and banks
( TL By GUST )


I decided to think about what I wanted first.   

    

 First of all, a refrigerator and a freezer, then a microwave oven, a hairdryer, an air conditioner, and maybe even a stove.

 

 But I'm sure someone else has come up with a stove or something like that, but without success?


"Marcel, can I ask you a question?

"What is it?

"Have you ever developed some kind of fire magic tool for cooking?  I'm sure someone will come up with something. ......

"Yeah, they've been working on that for years, but they haven't been successful.

"Why is that, ......?

"I told you that magic tools work by inserting magic stones into magic iron. It's not enough to use only magic stone and magic iron. You can't just use magic stones and iron. Iron is probably weak against magical fire. That's why even if you make magic tools with fire magic, they will break down and be useless.

"I see.


 


 I'm not sure if magic iron is weak against magical fire. ...... That would be difficult. I'm not sure what to do with it.

 

 I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you.

 

 I'll think of another magic tool.


 


 First of all, a refrigerator, can't we do this?  There's no such thing as ice magic in this world, so why not use water magic? ......?  I'm not sure if water magic can produce water that is below zero degrees, just before it freezes.


"I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I'm not the only one who has a problem with this.

"I don't know.  I don't know. I can change the temperature of the water I produce with magic, but I can't create ice. This is what we know so far. It may be possible.

"What is your attribute, Marcel?

"I'm a healer, so I can't try it now.


 


 I didn't know you were a healer. There's no one else in this workshop, what do you do when you want to make magic tools with other attributes?


"What do you do when you want to make magic tools with other attributes?

"When I buy materials from the palace, I ask them to put magic power into the magic stone beforehand.


 


 I'm sure they won't understand if the magic power you get from ...... can be used to make water below zero.

 

 I'm not sure what to make of this.


 


 I think there was an experiment on TV where the temperature of the water was below zero. I think they said that it would freeze instantly if there was some kind of stimulus.

 

 If you can create that water, you can use water magic to produce it and then use wind magic to stimulate it to make fine ice, but there is no way to ...... test it.

 

 If you are a water magician, you can try it. It's a good idea to know your magic attribute first.

 

 It's a good idea to know your magic attribute first so that you can use it. I'd better go to the church first.


"Marcel, I've got a lot of ideas, but I think it would be more efficient to know my magic attributes and how to use magic first, so can I go to the church to measure my magic power and then come back?

"Yes, that's fine with me. I don't mind at all. But before that, can we talk about the reward?

"Yes. Yes, I'd like to ask that.

"I've been thinking about it since Leon arrived, but for now I'll pay you a gold coin for any idea I think is a good one. I'll pay you one gold coin for what I think is a good idea, and I'll pay you five white gold coins if Leon's idea becomes a magic tool and is registered in the royal court. How's that sound?"


 


 Let's see, one ...... gold coin and five white gold coins. How much is ...... worth?  Leon only knew up to copper coins, right?


"I don't really understand the value of money, can you tell me?

"I see, I'm sorry. Leon easily forgot that he was a commoner.


 


 From there, Marcel-san taught us about money in detail. The following is a summary.


Iron coin 10 yen

Small copper coin 100 yen

Copper coin 1,000 yen

Silver coin 10,000 yen

Gold coin 100,000 yen

1,000,000 platinum coins


 


 From Leon's memory, the iron coin was about 10 yen, and all the coins seemed to go to the next coin in 10 units, so if we apply it to the Japanese yen, it would look like this.

 

 So, if I apply it to the Japanese yen, it would look like this.

 

 So, based on the values he gave me, one gold coin is worth 100,000 yen and five platinum coins are worth 5 million yen.

 

 100,000 yen and 5 million yen. 100,000 yen and 5 million yen!

 

 Eh!  Is it okay to get this much?  Isn't that too much?


"Ma, Marcel, isn't one gold coin and five platinum coins too much?

"No, it's not even that much. Magical tools are bought by nobles, so they can be sold at a high price. And the fees for using them are quite high. That's why magic tools are so profitable. Especially when we develop new magic tools, the money comes in like crazy.


 


 I'm sure it's expensive because of the preciousness of the raw materials, but it's ...... amazing.

 

 It's a good idea to take what you can get here.


"I'd like to thank you very much, Marcel. I'll do my best to come up with a new magic tool!

"Well, if Leon doesn't come up with anything, I won't pay him a single cent."


 


 Marcel-san is looking at me with a challenging gaze. We'll come up with a good magic tool for sure!


"I'm sure you'll come up with something, just make sure you have the money ready!


 


 I thought as I said that much. Come to think of it, how am I supposed to get money ......?  I can't sleep at night because I'm afraid of having that much money. Is there a bank-like system?


"Marcel, how do I get money?  I'm too scared to keep it even if they give me gold or platinum coins.

"Well, Leon doesn't have an account. He needs to get one.

"An account at ......?

"Yeah, not many commoners know about it, but in this country, there is a system where you can deposit money and withdraw it at any time. ............


 


 Summarizing in my head what Marcel had explained to me, it seemed that there was a state-run bank.

 

 Any citizen of this country can open an account and deposit money in it, but commoners don't save much money, so only wealthy merchants use it. The aristocrats and the servants who work in the aristocrats' mansions all have their own accounts.

 

 And it seems that the main branch of the bank is located near the royal castle in the central district of the royal capital, and the branch is in the territorial capital of the nobles' domain.

 

 The bank's main office is located in the centre of the capital near the royal castle, and the branches are located in the capitals of the noble families.


"So I have to open an account?

"Yes, an account would be a safe way to transfer money directly from my account to Leon's.


 


 An account sounds like a good idea and I should definitely get one. If I have to open an account, I'll have to go to the city centre. ...... Can a child open an account?


"Is it possible for a child to open an account?

"You can, but it would be suspicious if a commoner kid who is not a noble went there. Leon doesn't look wealthy from the way he dresses. Well, you'll be fine if you go with me.

"What?  You'll go with me?

"Yes, while I'm having the magic in the house replenished.


 


 He says it's just a coincidence, but I'm sure he'll come along out of kindness. Marcel, you're so kind. ......

 

 I'm not going to tell you, because if I did, you'd definitely say that's not true. I tried my best to suppress the grin on my face as I thought about it.


"So when do you want to go to the city centre?"

"Whenever you can Leon."


 


 I only have about four hours of free time, since I only have ...... free time after lunch and before night work.

 

 I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure I can do it.

 

 I'll have to ask my mom if I can take a day off from helping out at the lunch counter.


"I'll ask my mother when I can be away from home, and then we can make a plan.

"I'll be fine.

"Thank you very much.  I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll try to make it to the church before I come back.

"Yes, whenever you're ready.

"Yes!  Well, I'll be going home now.

"Be careful, okay?

"Thank you very much for everything you've taught me.


 


 With that, I left the workshop and left Marcel's house. Then I ran home.

 

 I wanted to decide which days I could go to the church and which days I could go to the city centre before the night work.



"Mom, Dad, I'm home!

"Leon, you're home early.


 


 Mom poked her head out of the kitchen. I walked over to the counter, sat down on a chair and talked to her.


"I walked over to the counter, sat down on a chair and talked to her. "Mom, I want to go somewhere next time.

"Mom, I want to go somewhere.  It's okay if you want to take a break from helping, but where are you going?  Are you going by yourself?"


 


 Well, of course, they'll ask. I don't know what to say, but I have a feeling that if I told them the truth, they would say absolutely not.

 

 My mom looked scared when I told her about the aristocracy the other day.


"Let's see. ............ We're going to the city centre. I'm going to the city centre. An old man I made friends with today is going there on an errand. He said he'd take me with him. ...... Can't we?"


 


 Mom looked at me with difficulty for a while, but then said, "Well, Leon is eight years old," and allowed me to go.

 

 In this country, the age of adulthood is fifteen, but if you are over eight, you are considered old enough to live on your own. I guess it has something to do with the fact that you learn magic at the age of eight.


"Thanks, Mom!

"Have fun. Have fun, but let's go to the church before we go to the city centre. It will be more convenient if you can use a little magic.

"Church!  Yay!  When are we going?


 


 I can finally use magic!  I was so happy that I couldn't stop being excited.


"Well, why don't we take tomorrow night off and go together tomorrow afternoon?

"Yes!  Okay!  Then can we go to the city centre the day after tomorrow?

"Sure.

"What? Are you going to church tomorrow?


 


 Dad joined the conversation as if he had just finished preparing.


"Yes, we've decided to take the night off and go to church in the afternoon.

"I'm looking forward to that. That's great, Leon.

"Yes!"


 


 Dad gave me a big smile and gently patted my smiling head. In the meantime, Mom was telling him that I was going to the city centre.


"Leon, there are a lot of nobles in the city centre, so try not to get spotted. Don't do anything conspicuous. Do you promise?"


 


 Dad looked me in the eye with a serious expression.


"Yes. I promise."


 


 I said with a serious expression on my face, and my father returned to his usual soft smile.


"Have fun."

"Yeah!"


 


 Looking forward to the day after tomorrow and the day after that, I lightly started preparing for the night shift.


Comments

Popular Posts