I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 9-: Existing magic tools
( TL By GUST )

For the next few days, I was out with Marie and in the forest with Nicola and Luke, so I didn't get to go to the workshop, but today, four days later, I was on my way there again.

 

 Today, four days later, I was on my way to the workshop again. It was warm and the breeze was blowing, making it a pleasant day.

 

 The weather and the fact that I was going to be taught about magic tools naturally made my steps lighter and I arrived at the workshop faster than before.


"Hello! I'm Leon."


 


 I cheerfully opened the door, walked in, and greeted the back of the room a little loudly.

 

 The workshop was a simple room with only a desk, chair and a few decorations. I guess it's like a reception room ......?

 

 There was a door at the back of the room, and I guessed that the workshop was behind that door.


 


 As I waited, the door at the back opened and Marcel-san came in.


"It's been a while, Marcel-san!  I didn't have much time, so I'm late.

"I'm late because I didn't have time. So you want to see the magic tools today?

"Yes!  It's impossible to think of new tools without knowing the ones we have.

"Then follow me."


 


 Then follow me." With that, Marcel-san went through the back door. I hurriedly followed him.

 

 Behind the door was a corridor, with two doors and a staircase on the left wall, and another door at the end of the corridor.

 

 Marcel opened the door at the end of the corridor and went into the room.

 

 Is that the workshop over there ......?  I followed Marcel into the room, scurrying around the house curiously.

 

 Inside the room, there was a large desk in the middle and a large shelf by the wall. And there was one chair and one couch.

 

 On the desk were a bunch of papers, some iron-like objects, and some jewel-like objects. I guessed that these were magic iron and magic stones.


"Marcel, is this your workshop?

"Yeah, I thought it would be easier to explain since we have the actual items here.

"Thank you very much!  It's amazing!


 


 I'm getting more and more excited. I want to know what kind of magic tools they have!


"Leon, take a seat on the couch.

"Yes, sir. Thank you very much.

"So, what kind of magic tools do we have?


 


 Marcel pointed to the ceiling as he said this.

 

 Hmm?  What does that mean?  When I looked up at the ceiling, I saw a light bulb.


"There was a light bulb.


 


 I almost shouted "light bulb", but stopped myself by holding my mouth just in time. I was safe. Maybe ......


"What's the matter?

"No, it's nothing. This is great!  I was just thinking how bright it is in this room with no windows open!

"That's right. This is a light ball. This is a ball of light. It has a recovery attribute built into the magic stone. Once you put magic power into it until the stone is full, it will keep glowing for a month. When you want to remove the light, just remove the magic stone.


 


 Hmm?  I'm not sure if the light ball is a recovery attribute or not. ...... Come to think of it, there is no light attribute in this world.

 

 And if you want to turn off the light, just remove the magic stone, that means there is no such thing as a remote control switch. ......

 

 I guess it's not as convenient as the Japanese machines.

 

 But it's too revolutionary for me in this world!  The candlelight is dim and smells a little ......


"Does it glow with the magic power of the recovery attribute?

"Yes, there's also light magic in the restorative properties, right?

"I don't know much about magic. I don't know much about magic. I'm just about to start measuring magic.

"I see. Magic has six attributes: fire, water, wind, earth, physical enhancement and recovery. The extent to which you can use them depends on your own magical power and aptitude.


 


 I'm sure that's how magic works in this world. ...... Well, I'll learn magic after I go to church.


"I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you.  So, you said that when you want to turn off the light, you remove the magic stone, but isn't there some kind of switch?

"What is the switch ......?


 


 Could it be that there is no concept of a switch in this world?  Maybe that's why it doesn't translate into the language here?

 

 But if you think about it, if there were no machines, there would be no need for switches. If it wasn't for magic tools, there wouldn't be any.


"Well, isn't there something like the ...... button, where you press the button and the light comes on and you press it again and the light goes off?"

"There is no such thing, but if we could make such a mechanism for magic tools, we wouldn't have to remove the magic stone every time, which would be convenient. But I have no idea how to do that.

"I see. ...... If I come up with that mechanism, will you buy it from me?

"Yeah, I'd be happy to buy it, but I don't know if I can really do that.

"I'll leave that to you!


 


 I smiled at Marcel. I think you can make it work by applying the mechanics of the machine. ...... I'll let you try it out when you can use magic.

 

 For now, it's the other magic tools.


"Can you show me some of your other magic tools?

"Yes, there are some tools we don't have here. We have flushing toilets, running water and blowers.


 


 There's a flush toilet?  I want to be a nobleman just for that. And running water!  A blower is like a fan, right?

 

 It's amazing ...... all the things I thought this world didn't have!

 

 I'm definitely going to the Royal School!  I renewed my resolve.

 

 What other magical tools do they have?


"I have those three at home, do you want to see them?

"Do you have any?  I'll look!

"Well, here's the blower.


 


 Marcel pointed to a square tube on his desk.

 

 What?  This?  I imagined it to be a fan, so it's not what I imagined.


"Is this it?

"Yes, it works when you put this magic stone in the recess on top of it.


 


 When Marcel-san put the magic stone in, a slightly stronger breeze caressed my cheek.

 

 It's amazing!  The wind is really coming! 

  

 Isn't it possible to adjust the power?


"Is it possible to make the wind stronger?

"It depends on the magic power you put into the magic stone. So you can change it when you use up all the magic and put it back in, or overwrite it with magic.


 


 It's a little inconvenient that you can't easily change it in the middle of ......, but that can't be helped.


"The next step is the water supply and the flush toilet. The water supply is this way.


 


 Marcel showed us to the kitchen at the top of the stairs.


"This is the water supply, and if you put a magic stone on top of it, water will come out.


 


 The water supply was like a thin tube, shorter than the size of my palm, and one end of the tube was blocked off, and there was a place to insert a magic stone.

 

 There was a place to insert a magic stone.


"Can I try it?

"Good. It's drinkable. Do you want to try it?

"Oh, really?  I'll have a drink.


 


 I took the cup from Marcel and filled it with water. I took the cup from Marcel and filled it with water. It seemed that water would come out after a few seconds of waiting for the magic stone to be fitted.


"So, let's eat.


 


 I put the water in my mouth and took a sip.

 

 Gokko ............ is delicious!  This is just like the natural water I used to drink in Japan. Magic water tastes so good. ......


"It's so good!

"I guess so. Magic water is delicious and safe, which is why all the nobles use it for drinking and cooking.


 


I envy the aristocracy more and more. ......


"The last thing we need is a flush toilet.


 


 The toilet was one of the doors in the hallway on the first floor.

 

 The first thing that surprised me when I opened the door was that it was a western-style toilet, not a Japanese style.

 

 The first thing that surprised me was that it was a Western-style toilet, not a Japanese-style one, and in the middle of the place where you wash your hands in Japanese toilets, there was a place to fit a magic stone.

 

 It was said that you had to insert the magical stone for about ten seconds and then remove it when the toilet flushed.

 

 It was a little more inconvenient than in Japan, but I didn't mind.

 

 After all, my house is a boton toilet. I don't like them because they smell so bad and I'm afraid of falling in.


 


 Marcel and I came back to the workshop and sat down in the chairs to catch our breath.


"How did you like the magic tools?

"I found it very useful and wonderful!

"That's good to know.


 


 Marcel's face relaxed a little, as if he was happy to be praised for his magic tools. You really like magic tools, don't you?

 

 The magic tools were really amazing. I had given up on the idea that they didn't exist in this world. But as I looked at them, I had a few questions.


 


 First of all, which is more efficient, magic or magic tools? For example, I wondered which used more magic power, a blower or a person who could use wind magic to send the wind.

 

 I also thought that if I could only pour the magic of the attribute I had into the magic stone, then I could only make magic tools of the attribute I had.

 

  I asked Marcel about these questions.


"First of all, let's talk about efficiency, which is by far the highest for magic tools. The biggest advantage of magic tools is that they can be used for a long time with less magic power. Also, you can only create your own attributes, which is basically true. However, if you ask someone with another attribute to pour magic into it, you can make magic tools with other attributes. In fact, that's what we used to do in the workshop.

"I see. So what happens if the magic power of the stone runs out?

"You have to get someone with that attribute to fill it with magic power. Basically, it is the nobles who use magic tools, and since nobles have servants in their homes, someone must have that attribute. And even if you don't have someone who has that attribute, you can pay for a wizard workshop to replenish your magic power.


 


 So ............ is a bit of a pain in the ass, isn't it? I'm not sure what to do.

 

 I'm sure you'll be able to find something that will work for you.


"Marcel, do you have any other magic tools besides the four you explained to me?

"Marcel, are there any other magic tools besides the four you described? "There are many failed attempts, but these are the only ones in daily use.


 


 What? Only these four? Isn't that too few ......?


"That's quite a few. ......

"Magic tools have only been created for a few decades. There are a lot of unsuccessful ones out there.


 


 I see. ...... I can think of a few off the top of my head right now.......! This could be worth the money!


"Marcel, I just came up with a few ideas, but if I put them together in my head for a moment, could you ask me for some ideas?

"You've already thought of them? You've already thought of them?

"I'll be right back.


 


 I then pictured a machine in my head that could be made into a magic tool.


Comments

  1. I would assume the issue with switches would be that any contact with magic iron drains magic from the stones... If not then the people of this world are not lazy enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts