I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 8-: Magic tool workshop
( TL By GUST )

"So, you're interested in magic tools, are you?

"Yes, I am!"


 


 There was so much going on that I almost forgot the main topic.


"I've never seen a magic tool before. I've never seen one before. ......

"That's not surprising. It's only natural, because magic tools are only available to the nobility.

"Why is that?

"Because it's expensive. A commoner could spend his whole life and still not be able to afford it.

"Is that so, ......?

"Yes, because the raw materials are so precious. The raw materials are so precious that they will never be cheap. It will be difficult for commoners to get access to magic tools.


 


 I'm not sure what to make of this. 

  

 What is the precious raw material?  If I can get my hands on it, can I somehow make a magic tool ............?


"What are the raw materials?

"The raw materials are magic stone and magic iron.

"Magical stone and iron. ......? What's that?

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but it's a good idea. Magic iron is iron that can be freely transformed when magic power is poured into it. A magic tool is made by forming a shape with magic iron and inserting a magic stone into it.


 


 It's like a battery and iron. ......?  I'm not sure if it's the same thing.  I want ......!


"Where can I get that magic stone and magic iron ......?"


 


 I asked excitedly, but the answer quickly lowered my tension.


"The mines where the magic stones and iron are extracted are all state-owned and purchased by the government, so you can't get them. The mines where the magic stones and iron are extracted are all state-owned and bought by the government.


 


 What the heck ......, then we'll never get it!  Isn't there a way to get it somehow? ......

 

 I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the nobles have a monopoly on sugar and even magic tools! 

  

 I don't know. I'm not sure what to do. I don't know why it's here when it's supposed to be state-owned.


"Grandpa, why is this magic tools workshop here?  Isn't it made in the national workshop ......?

"Yes, this workshop is special. I used to work in a state-run workshop until recently, when I got old and quit. But I wanted to continue making magic tools, so I started this workshop.

"How is it so easy to start a workshop?

"Not usually. I was supposed to get a knighthood for my old inventions, but instead, I was allowed to start my own workshop. These days, I'm free to come up with new magic tools and sell them.

"I didn't know that. ...... So there are no other workshops that aren't run by the government?

"No, I don't think so. I don't think so. It's not that easy to get recognition, and there aren't many people who want to make magic tools after they retire. The wages at the workshop are good, so money is not a problem.


 


 So this is the only non-state workshop for magic tools?  This is so lucky!  If I hadn't come here, I wouldn't have even known that magic tools existed.

 

 I wonder if the magic tools they make here can be sold if I pay for them. ......?


"Grandfather, if I had enough money to buy the magic tools, could you sell them to me?"

"No, you can't sell them. No, you can't. The condition for opening this workshop is to sell all the magic tools to a state-run workshop. I guess they want to make sure they're not wasting valuable raw materials.


 


 I'm sure you're aware of that. ...... So you're checking the amount of raw materials you've sold to your grandfather and the amount you've purchased to make sure they're not leaking out. ......

 

 So it's impossible to get magic tools?  It's impossible to become a nobleman. ......

 

 You can't just give up when you've found something useful. ............

 

 I decided to ask my grandfather honestly.


"Grandpa, I'm just a commoner, the son of a diner, is there any way I can get a magic tool?"

"Well, yes. Yes, it would be difficult, but if you go to the Royal School, it might be possible. Also, when you graduate from the Royal School, you can become a government official, and the government dormitories in the Royal Castle use magic tools.


 


 Royal school!  
I didn't know there was a school in this world.

 

 I'm going to go to the Royal School. Then I'm going to the Royal School!

 

 But can commoners go there?


"Is it possible for commoners to go there?

"Anyone can take the exam, so if you get in, you can get in.

"Do I have to pay ......?

"Tuition and materials are free. The tuition and textbooks are free of charge, but since the school is full of aristocrats, you'll have to spend a lot of money on socializing, and if you don't wear good clothes, you'll look out of place. Also, the school is located in the city centre, so you'll have to pay to live nearby.


 


 It's good that I don't have to pay for tuition and textbooks, but it's going to cost me a lot more. ......

 

 I'll have to think about how to pay for it. ......


"How difficult is it to take an exam?

"It's a test that aristocratic children study for from a young age. Most commoners can't take it. Only the children of wealthy merchants can pass the exam.

"How old do you have to be to go to school?

"School is for five years, from the age of ten to fifteen. How old are you?

"I turned eight this year.

"Then you have less than two years left. The exams are at the end of winter and school starts in spring.


 


 If I have two years left, I should be able to make it if I study....... I'm a college student, you know!

 

 Now I just need to figure out how to study......


"Can I ask my grandfather to teach me how to study?

"I can't teach you because I've forgotten a lot of things. I can't teach you because I've forgotten a lot of things. I don't have any teaching materials and I don't get along with my parents very well.

"I see.......


 


 I'm already stumped....... I'm sure my brain can handle arithmetic, but I don't know anything about history.......

 

 I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it. I'm not sure what to do.


"I'll think about my studies later. So, about the money, ......"


 


 I had come up with an idea for money. My grandfather said he was thinking about magic tools. That meant he wasn't making them to order, he was inventing new ones.

 

 If that was the case, I thought, I could sell my knowledge for some money.


"If you think the magical tools I've come up with are good, would you be willing to buy the idea?"

"Your idea for a magic tool?  
How could you come up with such an idea if you've never seen a spell before?

"That's a ............ secret. Can't you?


 


 I waited for his reply, hoping that he would accept my idea, because if it didn't work, I would have to start from scratch.


 


 I waited for his answer, hoping that he would somehow accept it.


"Well, that's fine. But since you can't make it your idea, it will have to be my idea. 
Are you okay with that?  
I'll get the royalties.

"That's perfectly fine. What's a royalty?

"Oh, I didn't explain. The first person who invents a magic tool is given the right to make it first. However, other people can also create magic tools if they pay a fee for using the idea. This is a solid system because it is registered with the royal court, and cannot be changed later.


 


 So it's like a ...... patent. If I were, to be honest, I'd like to register it under my name, but I can't do that, so it's no use.


"That's fine. But you'll have to pay for the use of my idea.

"Yeah, if it's a good idea.

"I'll think of a good one. I really wanted to ask you about the existing magic tools, but it's been a while since I've been here, so can you tell me about the existing tools when you come back?

"Yeah, I'm always here, so you can come back anytime.

"Thank you very much! I will definitely come back!  
Oh, Grandfather, may I ask your name?  My name is Leon!

"I'm Marcel.

"I'll be back!


 


 With that, I left the workshop and ran towards home. With that, I left the workshop and ran towards home, feeling a little more optimistic about the future and much lighter on my feet.


Comments

Popular Posts