I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 7-: Associate aristocratic grandfather

( TL By GUST )

Marie and I only help out for an hour or so after the opening, which is relatively busy in the night business.

 

 Apparently, it's not too busy, since most people eat dinner at home and only come to the store mostly to enjoy the drinks and snacks.

 

 There are only two things on the menu at night: ale and the daily snack set. Since everyone orders those two things, it seems to be very easy to serve customers.

 

 While I was thinking about this, a customer came in.


"Welcome, have a seat at your table.

"I'll have an ale and a snack set.

"Yes, please. I'll bring it right over.


 


 He was a regular customer like this one, and knew the menu, so there was no need to explain.

 

 After this, five more customers came and went.


"Leon, Marie, you two can go back now."


 


 Mom called me. Now our work is done.

 

 When Marie and I went to the kitchen, Mom handed us our evening meal.

 

 All we had to do now was eat dinner, wipe up and go to bed. Mom and Dad would eat and get ready for bed after the guests left and then go to bed.


"Marie, shall we eat dinner?

"Yes!  I'm hungry!"


 


 We went to the living room and started to eat dinner together.


"Bon appétit!"


 


 Today's dinner was bread and soup with lots of vegetables, but in this world, it is normal to have a light dinner.

 

 I don't eat a lot of dinner at night, but on the contrary, I eat a lot of breakfast and lunch.

 

 It seems that they have a habit of eating a lot at night so that they can work hard.

 

 He eats a lot of breakfast and lunch.


"I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

"Pancakes."

"Pancakes?  Is that what they're called?

"Yes, my brother named them. It's easy to remember, isn't it?


 


 Even if I named it something else, he would definitely call it pancakes, so I decided to call it pancakes.

 

 They don't taste like pancakes at all, though. ......


"Yes!  I want to eat pancakes again.

"I'll make them again. I'll make them again. I have to go pick raspberries.

"Yes!  I'll pick lots of them!


 


 We ate dinner while talking like this, and then I wiped myself off and headed for the bedroom.

 

 Marie was so tired that she fell asleep as soon as she got into bed.

 

 We only had one bedroom, and it was a little cramped since the whole family slept in it, but I thought it was a good thing as I watched Marie's sleeping face.

 

 I was so tired that I fell asleep right away.





 





 The next morning, I was awakened by the morning bell.


"I woke up the next morning to the sound of the morning bell and said, "Hmmm, I slept well.


 


 I woke up, got up on the bed, and stopped moving in surprise. For a moment I didn't know where I was.

 

 Yes, ...... I somehow became Leon in another world. It really wasn't a dream, was it?

 

 As I was thinking about this, I heard a voice from next door.


"Leon, what's wrong with you? If you're awake, go wash your face.

"Good morning, Mom. I'm up."


 


 Mom and Dad were also getting out of bed. Mom and Dad are also getting out of bed, and seem to have just woken up. Marie is still sleeping peacefully.

 

 Mom and Dad went downstairs immediately. I followed them downstairs, washed my face, and sat down on a chair in the living room.

 

 Yesterday I didn't feel real, but I really think I'm going to live in this world forever.

 

 While I was thinking about this, my mother woke Marie up and brought her to me, and my father brought me breakfast.


"Let's eat, shall we?

"Itadakimasu."

"Itadakimasu. ...... Itadakimasu. ......


 


 Marie was still sleepy, rubbing her eyes and trying to wake up.

 

 Breakfast was bread, a fried egg, and some kind of stir-fried meat and vegetables. It was all salty, but tasted good because of the ingredients.


"Do you have any plans today?"


 


 When Mom asked Marie, she seemed to wake up remembering her plans.


"She woke up remembering her plans: "I'm going to a food stall with Luke today!

"Oh, well, that's exciting.


 


 Mom looked at Marie with a gentle smile.

 

 Marie is going out with Luke? That's just fine with me. I've been wanting to look around the city on my own.


"Do you want to go with me, big brother?

"No, I've got other plans.

"Oh, really?  I'll see you later!

"Yeah. I'll go with you next time.


 


 I ate breakfast, helped with the laundry and cleaned the house. I helped with the laundry and cleaned the house, and at lunchtime, I helped with the business and had some free time.


"Well, I'm off!

"Be careful!

"Yes!


 


 I took the money I had saved from my allowance and went outside. I wanted to buy something if I saw something I liked.

 

 But I only had five iron coins, so even if I could buy something, it would only be a small amount of food. I'd like to make some money.

 

 If I wanted to sell my knowledge, I would need someone who would buy it properly, and I don't have the money to make things.

 

 While thinking about this, I walked in the opposite direction from my house to the forest.

 

 Leon has never been far from home, so he doesn't know much about the city, but there is a little plaza on this side of the road where there are some food stalls.

 

 We decided to go to the square first, and then go to a place we had never been before.


 


 After walking for about 20 minutes, we arrived at the square. We could reach the square from our house by walking all the way along the main street. And the boulevard continues on the other side of the square.

 

 I thought about going to the street at the back of the square, but I noticed that there were narrower streets on either side of the square than the main street.

 

 Somehow, I felt that the narrower streets seemed to have more interesting stores, so I decided to take the one on the left.


 


 As I walked along the left road for a while, I noticed that most of the shops were just houses, but occasionally there were some kind of workshops.

 

 Some of them have a signboard with a picture of a saw and a hammer on it, and others have pictures of clothes, thread, wood, and various other things. I wondered if it was a furniture workshop, a clothing workshop, a weaving workshop, or a woodworking workshop.

 

 I could hear voices and loud noises coming from inside.

 

 As I walked for a while past the workshops and houses, I saw a sign with letters written on it. Most of the commoners can't read well, so most of the signs are pictures. ......

 

 Thinking about this, I casually read the words on the sign, and saw that it said "Magic Tool Workshop.

 

 A magic tool workshop!  I didn't know there was such a thing as magic tools!  Could it be that magic tools are something like the machines that existed in Japan?  If so, they might have all kinds of things I want!

 

 I was very curious, and I really wanted to see the magic tools, so I decided to take a peek at the workshop, even though I thought it was rude.


"Hello~, is anyone there?"


 


 I called out, but no one came out. There was no noise.


"Hello!  Is anyone there?


 


 This time, I called out a little louder. This time, I called out a little louder, and the door at the back opened to reveal a person.


"I can hear you even if you don't speak so loudly.


 


 He was a very old man. His face was wrinkled, his hair was thin, and his waist was bent.

 

 I wondered if this old man was making magic tools.

 

 As I wondered, he spoke to me.


"So what do you want? I didn't think anyone would be interested in a place like this.

"I'm interested in magic tools. ......"

"What do you mean, you can read?


 


 Oh, ......!  I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to read, but I usually can, so I read.

 

 I'm not sure what to do, but I'd like to learn more about ......, so I guess I should pretend I can read.


"I have a friend who can read, and he taught me.


 


 I don't think there is such a person, but I told her so.


"I don't think there's anyone who can read, but I told her so. "Well, that's lucky.

"Is it so rare to be able to read?

"It's rare for commoners to be able to read. It's only for merchants who can afford it.

"Oh, I see. I'm lucky, aren't I?


 


 When I answered with a chuckle, he looked at me with suspicion again.


"Did you learn how to talk like that?"

"How to speak?"

"Yes, you've been using proper honorifics for a while now.


 


 Oh, ............, I always use honorifics with older people. I've been trying to be careful!


"Yes, I learned it from the person who taught me to write.

"I was taught by the person who taught me how to write.  There are some commoners who use beautiful honorifics among merchants, but ............ are you really a commoner?


 


 I'm getting a lot of suspicions. ...... Is this a bad idea?  I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it's a good idea.


"I'm sure you'll be happy with your teacher.


 


 Grandpa seemed to have stopped doubting me. ...... Thank God. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

 

 I've been thinking about it for a while now, saying things like "commoner" and "not commoner," and Grandpa seems to understand honorifics, but isn't he a commoner?


Who is your grandfather?"  Not a commoner, like ......?"

"Me?  I'm a nobleman. I'm a nobleman, but a semi-aristocrat, so I'm no different from a commoner.


 


 I knew it. ......!  I had a bad feeling about this. But why would a nobleman be here?  And what's a quasi-aristocrat?


"What's a quasi-aristocrat?

"A quasi-aristocrat is a child of a noble family. A quasi-aristocrat is a child of a nobleman. If he becomes the head of the family, he can become a nobleman, but the second son or younger cannot become a nobleman and many of them remain quasi-aristocrats. I am one of them.

"I see, I see.


 


 I didn't know there was such a system. ...... The eldest son inherits the family and becomes a noble, but the other children remain quasi-aristocrats. So what about the children of the semi-aristocracy?


"What happens to the children of semi-aristocrats?

"They become commoners. Otherwise, there will be too many nobles.

"The nobility has a lot of work to do. ...... So if you're born second son or younger, there's no way to become a noble?

"You can become a nobleman if you get a one-time knighthood. You can be a knight in shining armour or a knight in shining armour. It's a knighthood that you can't pass on to your children.

"I see. ......


 


 It's not easy being a nobleman. I thought being born into the nobility meant a lifetime of security. When I was thinking about this, I noticed that my grandfather was looking at me with dumbfounded eyes.


"What is it?"

"Huh, don't you realize how funny you are?"

"Funny?  Did I say something funny?

"No. No, you don't say too many strange things. You're only seven or eight years old. You're only seven or eight years old, and yet you can understand the difficult topic of how the nobility works and ask questions about it. You're clearly not the child of a commoner.


 


 Yay! ......!  I've been enjoying the information I've been getting and have been asking too many questions. I can't fake it anymore, can I? I'm not sure if it's too much to ask.

 

 As I was getting impatient inside, the old man proceeded to talk to me.


He said, "Well, I'm sure you have your reasons, so if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to. I'm too old for this. I'm old, and I'm glad I finally met an interesting kid.

"Well, thank you for the ......?"

"But I don't mind, but don't be too different in front of the others. There are a lot of bad guys out there.

"Yes!"


 


 He's a very good grandfather. Good ......, I'll be more careful from now on.





Comments

Popular Posts