I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.


Volume 1

Chapter 9-Let's finish breakfast before an emergency!

(TL: By Rafael)

By the time we had each brought our luggage into the completed lord's house and cleaned up our rooms, it was completely dark outside.



 



 Fayle, who was the only one who chose to stay on the second floor, had to climb up and down the stairs several times with her luggage, and by dinner she looked quite exhausted, but I guess it was her own fault.

 

 After we finished eating, we went back to our rooms to go to bed after confirming our plans for the next day.



 



 Our base was at the edge of a deep forest. In other words, it is located close to the mountain-like wall that surrounds the island.

 

 So the forest was not as quiet as I expected, with the sounds of beasts and insects that had become active at night.

 

 But after a day of unfamiliar moving and hard work in a new place, I found myself falling into a deep sleep with the noise as a lullaby.



 



The next morning.

 

 The next morning, I had overslept a bit, and when I went to the cafeteria, no one was there except Agni.



"Good morning.

...... Good morning." Go wash your face in the washroom before I prepare your breakfast. ......"

"Where is everyone?

"The rest of us have already gone outside to survey the remaining debris and buildings. ......



 



 After I heard the answer, I headed for the washroom.

 

 The bathroom was large enough for about ten people to use at the same time.



 



 In the aristocracy, the servants would draw water from the well every day and fill the tub in the washroom, but this is not the case here.

 

 There is probably a well somewhere in this base, but it seems to be buried under some wreckage and I couldn't find it yesterday.

 

 Well, to be honest, I don't need a well for a while.

 

 To be honest, we don't need a well for a while, because we have a water source called me.



"Well, I guess I'll just have to add some more.



 



 I choose fresh water from the material storage and pour it into the water bottle that I set up a little higher up.

 

 The usefulness of this [crafting skill] is not only that you can make things easily.



 



 You can also store various things as materials in the material storage, which is very useful depending on how you use it.

 

 I found out about this material storage when I first used the [Crafting Skill], but I still don't know how much capacity it has.

 

 At any rate, even the rocks that were used to make this tunnel can be stored.



 



 I wonder if I should try to take in more and more water from the sea to test the limits.



 



 While thinking about this, I washed my face.

 

 The pipes connected to the water troughs were connected to about ten faucets, and when you turned on the faucets, water would come out.

 

 This was also the knowledge I gained from the architecture books I read after abandoning my studies as a nobleman.



 



 After washing my face in the washroom, I wiped my hands with the towel provided and went back to the dining room.

 

 On the table was a breakfast that was simple enough for a nobleman, but sufficient.



 



 Bread, dried meat, and tea.

 

 When I was at the nobleman's house, I had a wide variety of fresh vegetable salads, fruits, and yogurt, but I couldn't bring them with me on a long trip.

 

 I tried to use my materialization to see if I could get into the material storage, but for some reason, when I tried to materialize fruits and vegetables, they turned into seeds.



"But for some reason, when I tried to materialize fruits and vegetables, they would turn into seeds, thanks to which I was able to bring all kinds of seeds.



 



 I muttered as I sipped my tasteless meal.

 

 Until I can grow a field to plant the seeds, I'll have to look for something that grows wild in the forest.



"When you make bread into a material, you don't expect it to be split into wheat and other ingredients, do you?



 



 So, I've been able to bake bread on the ship or in this lord's house by putting only the bread ingredients in the material storage.

 

 I still don't know the full extent of the power of materialization, but for now I know that animals and insects cannot be materialized.

 

 Not on purpose, because when I materialized the grass in my garden, I was able to materialize the plants, but not the insects in their shadows.

 

 However, the dead insects were stored, so it seems that it is not completely impossible to materialize them.



"Thanks for the food. The freshly baked bread was very tasty. Have you improved your skills again?"

"I've been baking since I left the ...... house. ......



 



Agni is in charge of baking.

 

 I'm not sure what to make of it.

 

 So Agni, who could bake the most decent bread, was put in charge.



"In the beginning I was raw, but now I'm a great baker.

"...... Not a very happy assessment. But thank you.



 



 Agni replied as she neatly cleared away the dishes from in front of me, except for the teacups.

 

 And then, as he was leaving, he turned around as if he remembered.



"Miss Rest."

"What is it?"

"...... Don't forget to bring more water before you go out. ......"



 



 That's all he said and went back towards the kitchen.

 

 As I watched him go, I sipped my remaining tea and thought about my plans for the day.



 



 The first thing I did was to check the wreckage scattered around the base.

 

 I'll materialize what I don't need, and use crafting to repair what I can.

 

 If possible, find a well and repair it.

 

 Then, build a field and go to .......



"There's so much to do. I can't wait to get it all done and relax."



 



 I poured the rest of my tea down the drain, depressed at the amount of work I had to do, not just for today, but for the rest of the day.

 

 It was another beautiful day outside, and the sun was shining brightly through the windows.



It was another beautiful day outside, and the sun was shining brightly through the window. "Well, I'd better get going. But first, I have to fill up the water.



 



 I got up from my chair, talking to myself.

 

 I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.



"Hey, Miss Rest!  There's a problem!

"What's going on?

"I don't know if it's a beast or a demon, but there's something raging outside the walls!



 



 I don't know if it's a beast or a demon, but there's something rampaging outside the walls!

 

 It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're looking for.



"All right, I'll be right there. Where are Kieda and the others?

"They're at the wall, watching. If they break the wall or try to climb over it, we'll have to fight them, he said.



 



 I see.

 

 So that's why I sent the most useless fail to report.



 



 I ran into the kitchen and refilled the water bottle while telling Agni what I heard from Fail.



"Do you think I should go too?

"Agni took care of cleaning up. Agni, take care of the cleanup.

"...... Have a safe trip.

"Yeah. I'll let you know if I need any help.



 



 After telling that much, I left the kitchen and jumped out of the mansion with the Fail waiting at the entrance of the dining room.

TL Note- Well the translator for this novel has just got into University and he needs to focus here so he won't be translating till he sort things out and as I am also translating 3 series in parallel so I would post a Chapter or two when I get time. And this was the last Chapter of volume 1 .


                       Next|| TOC ||Prev

Comments

  1. Why the chapter have many double sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the work - wishing other translator good luck in UNI. Do you guys need a proofreader / editor?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts