Evil Avalon


Chapter 15 -…… Is it losing to slime?

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-4}
(Sponsor- Krazey)

(TL:By Rafael)

With my hair pulled back, I parted ways with Omiya and Nitta, and stepped onto the second floor for the first time.





"Well, ......, it's goblin warfare."



 



 Goblins. In the game, they are about 100 to 120 centimeters tall, with ugly faces and green skin. I'm not sure what to make of it. They are much more dangerous than the slimes on the first floor, but they are only as tall and strong as a child, and are not that difficult to fight on their own as long as you are careful with your club.



 



 On the other hand, the goblin chiefs that appear rarely may have metal weapons, so one should be careful. Their physical strength is not so different from that of ordinary goblins, and their monster level is 3, making them a tasty monster in terms of experience.







 







 The path to the third floor is naturally crowded, so we move to a place called the "Goblin Room," where goblins are relatively easy to pop. The goblins that spring up here pop relatively quickly after being defeated, making it easier for the Goblin Chief to draw lots of pops (*1) than in other places.



"There aren't many people here either. Why is that? Well, I guess it's better if there aren't."



 



 I sneak a peek into the goblin room and see two goblins cackling to each other. I wondered if that was an actual language. After observing for a while, one of the goblins came close enough for me to swing my spiked club down from behind.



"Back of the head!



 



 The goblin sinks with one blow and becomes a magic stone. It's a tough one. The other remaining goblins are still alive. The remaining goblin, perhaps surprised or angry, shouted and threatened us while holding a club.



"If you don't come, I'll come!



 



 In addition to overwhelming reach, I also excel in power, and I aggressively swing down the mace. Goblins, on the other hand, laid down their club and caught my attack overhead! I'll do it.


"But I'm hungry."


 When you kick up the goblin's belly, the goblin blows off on your back. Without letting go of that gap, I immediately filled the distance and swung the mace down again, and it became a magic stone without any qualms.


"Unlike slime, the interpersonal type has a bad aftertaste. Isn't it better than leaving no corpse?"


 Unlike slime, goblins have a human shape, so they have a subtle aftertaste, but if you look closely at the goblins' faces, you'll find that they are absolutely incompatible creatures, so don't worry.

 



 

 



 This magic stone ... won't cost 100 yen. If you want to come here even for a few days in the dungeon, you can come. There is no such thing as a monster magic stone that even ordinary people can defeat. Let's break it down with a bonus to raise the level.






 







 Monsters basically just stand there defenseless for a couple of seconds after emerging from the black mist, so if you can attack them in that little time, you'll have a big advantage.



 



 In order to take advantage of this, it is important to have a specific time and place where the monsters pop, such as a "slime room" or a "goblin room". In this goblin room, three goblins pop at exactly ten minute intervals in the order in which they were defeated, so one person can hunt at a good pace.



 



 There are only a few of these places on a single level, and back in the game they were so popular with level players that it was difficult to get a spot. However, I don't know if they are not so popular in this world, or if people don't know about them, but there is no sign of anyone else around. In other words, it's a delicious monopoly.







 







 But still. At first, I resisted the sluggish movements caused by my excessive weight and weak muscles, but after a few days, I've gotten used to this body. I now have a better sense of how to balance and when to take a break, which makes it much easier to manage my physical condition.



 



 However, there are still too many disadvantages to continuing to fight with this body type. Even though I can compensate for the loss of speed due to excess weight by strengthening my body through leveling up, I want to leave as much energy as possible for the battles that will become more difficult in the future. If we were forced to fight for a long time, we would soon be out of breath, and if we were not careful, we might die.



 



 I might even increase the training load a little more while watching my sore muscles. Well, the hardest part is the food restriction.







 







  After about five more hunts...



"Whoa, he's got a metal weapon. Is that a goblin chief?"



 



 Goblin Chief or no Goblin Chief, he was standing still for the first few seconds, so I thought I'd take him out with one shot regardless, but he was wearing a helmet on his head. I had no choice but to swing it down on the shoulder of the one holding the weapon. 



 



 The goblin chief screamed in pain and dropped his weapon. The goblin chief screams in pain and drops his weapon, but I'm faster than him. I hit him with my mace on his remaining left arm and then hit him in the side.



 



 The goblin turned into a magic stone and the rusty dagger fell out at the same time.



 



 It looked like a normal dagger, not a magic item, but I couldn't tell for sure just by looking at it. It's not a magic item, it looks like a normal dagger, but you can't tell for sure just by looking at it.



"I'll have to think of a pattern other than the back of the head for my first attack, since it might be wearing a helmet.



 



 I hunted until just before dinner that day, but my level didn't increase and remained at 3. I took it easy and called it a day. I got three battered weapons, but there was no use for them, so I decided to sell them to a scrap dealer. It might be worth some pocket money.







 







 *...*...*...*...*...*







 







 Regular classes begin. This is my second time in high school, so I thought I'd be able to handle the content of the class, but I was forced to solve some pretty high-level problems for a first-year high school class, and I was amazed at the high level of this school.



 



  When homeroom is over and after school, classmates quickly put away their textbooks and gather with their close friends to make plans for dungeon dives.



 



 Akagi is always talking to Pink, but I wonder if he's working hard on the dungeon. It should be difficult to defeat Kariya if he doesn't reach level 10 by the end of this month. Well, judging from his relaxed attitude, he must have some idea.







 







 

 When I packed my luggage in my bag and tried to get out of the classroom while imagining a goblin battle, I was caught in a dignified voice like a bell ringing.

"Hey."



 



 I turned around to see my childhood friend and ex-wife, Kaworu, standing there with his arms crossed as usual, looking slightly unhappy. I thought to myself, you don't call me Sota by my first name at school.



"What's up?"

"'...... about time. Shouldn't you be practicing?"



 



 Practice ... I'm searching for Butao's memory, but I don't remember making a promise to practice with Kaworu. It seems that they went out together or did something like a preparatory movement before enrolling, but is that so?



 



 I'm planning to go straight to the dungeon today, solo. I don't plan to dive with her, since I can train my legs and feet while walking through the dungeon. Besides, it's not efficient to form a party with several people against goblins.



 



 However, she may be worried about it, so I have to be careful about how to say it..



"I'm doing my best to train on my own, so it's okay."

"...... What kind of things do you do?"



 



 Kaworu listens with a suspicious face with Yanagi's eyes. Don't bite into it.

(TL:Yanagi is a knife use to cut fish)

"Walk,I've been walking in the dungeon for the last few days."

"...is it  losing to slime....Pfft?"


 ...... Buhi.


 Do should one worry if you are rumored to have lost to slime? She is also making  fun of me even though she is a childhood friend with whom I've known for many years.


"That's a little sick. Well, I'm doing well so far, so it's okay."

"……Yes"



 I'm not talking about my physical condition, but my diet. I've been on a diet for a while now and I've been feeling a little dizzy from all the calorie restriction. Well, it will be okay if I do not activate unreasonable skills.



 



 I don't know if this explanation convinced her or not, but she took her eyes off me and returned to her seat. I'm sure she'll get stronger if she follows Akagi's party hard enough. I'm sure there will be a lot of tough events, but I'm rooting for you.







 







 *...*...*...*...*







 







 I've killed dozens of goblins and goblin chiefs in the past few days, but I'm still at level 3. I've been prioritizing dieting and strengthening my body, so I've been spending less time on dungeon dives. The third floor of the dungeon and beyond could be a tough fight, so I had to prepare carefully.



 



 According to the information board at the entrance of the Adventurer's Guild, there are several deaths every month on the third floor, and this is the first floor where you can experience a real dungeon fight.



 



 Since I was going solo, I wanted to be as mobile as possible just in case. It would be better to level up to level 4 on these two floors.



 



 It's risky to go solo because there's no one to help you if something goes wrong, but you also get more experience when you kill a monster. In addition, with my knowledge of the game, I am in a position to almost monopolize the good hunting grounds and monsters, so the benefits of diving solo are even greater.



 



 It's not only the visible risks that you need to be aware of. You must never let anyone know that you have game knowledge.



 



 This world is much bloodier than the original one, so you never know what might happen. There are many countries and organizations that will not hesitate to kidnap and imprison you if they know you have valuable dungeon information. It's probably safest to keep your game knowledge and information to your family members who will never betray you. For the time being, I think I'll go as far as I can solo and get stronger in secret while being careful not to leak information.







 







 So, the usual goblin room.



 



 I didn't miss the few seconds of defenselessness during the repop and continued hunting, reaching level 4 in about an hour. I took a break with a "small recovery" while checking how my body was feeling.



 



 It's a waste of MP, but since I don't have any good skills at the moment, I can do it this way, though I have to be very careful about the total amount of MP.



 



 On the second floor, where most of the enemies are level 2 monsters, my level 4 experience will be cut in half, which is not good. It would be better to just move to the third floor. As for weapons, I borrowed a metal mace for use against Orcs. When I weighed it, it weighed five kilograms, but with my current status, I should be able to wield it reasonably well.



 



 Incidentally, it seems that level 4 is the hardest to raise. The reason for this is that more experience is required to level up, but more importantly, the strength of the enemies increases dramatically from the third floor.



 



 The Orcs that pop up on the third floor are dangerous opponents, as they wield clubs with the power of a great man. There is also a goblin mage called "Fire Arrow" that can attack from a long distance, and the Orc Chief, which is a higher level of Orc, is a dangerous monster that can be a fight to the death for those below level 3 to defeat one.



 



 If you're willing to take the risk and form a party of multiple players, you can defeat the Orc Chief with relative ease, but you'll lose experience points in the process. You'll also have to parade around looking for places where monsters pop up. You may think that you should just go to a deeper level and kill the ones with more experience, but of course the monsters will get stronger and the risk will go up.



 



 Like my father, it seems that this is the reason why many general adventurers stop at level 4. However, if you have game knowledge, it will not be difficult to go up to that level. There is also a secret plan.


 After the break here, I stood up to go to the next floor.


 Now let's go hunting for orcs.






(* 1) Lottery pop

When an enemy reappears, a different monster will appear with a certain probability. In many cases, rarer monsters will appear.

TL Note- I once again thank Krazey and it feels nice to see people agree me with being against childhood Route and more sponsored Chapters are coming. 

Next

Prev

Comments

  1. Thanks to rafael,gust & krazey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a blissful time I wake up every morning and there's a chapter waiting for me!
    Thank you very much Krazey and Rafael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now she was just plain rude. She started the novel complaining about him not making an effort, but how is him going into the dungeon despite supposedly losing to a slime not an effort?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep i totally didn't like her at all even a slightest.
    Probably same to that Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seriously letter her child hood friend go into the dungeon alone even after she knows that he fainted after fighting goblin? Yeah, she's the worse. I hope MC rip apart the book Infront of her after he succeed. I understand being disappointed with him but honestly, this is just vile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts