Evil Avalon

Chapter 10-Skill experiment

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-2}
(TL:By Rafael)
(Sponsor-d3led)

The next day, a beautiful sunny Sunday. A strong south wind was blowing from the morning.



 



 In my original world, I had hay fever, and this sunny and windy weather used to make my nose swell up and make me feel depressed, but this is not the case in Butao, and I'm feeling fine.



 



 Kaworu and the others seemed to have headed for the dungeon early this morning. In the game, if you are able to invite people to your party, you can freely organize them with various students. So Akagi was smart enough to choose Kaworu, Pink, and Tachiki to form a party. This is because this group of people is very efficient in advancing the main story, individual scenarios and events.



 



 And now that Akagi has been entrusted with the Kariya event, he must raise his level at all costs, and although it will be quite a challenge to defeat Kariya in a month, I hope he can do it, because the atmosphere in Class E will be bad if he loses.



 



 On the other hand, my sentimental pig-tailed mind is whispering. 'Why didn't you invite me? I wonder if he's thinking that. But such a mentality would affect what I was about to do, so I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. Today we are going to do some experiments in the magic field.



 



 



 



 I headed for the magic field area of the school. I entered through the main gate, which was guarded by a security guard. Even though it was a Sunday, there were still many students coming to school for club and club activities, so I walked in search of a quiet place. There was a bench on the way to the second playground, so I decided to take it. This area is also supposed to be within the Magic Field.



 



 What we're going to do today is a skill experiment.



 



 The only skill I have in my skill slot is "Gluttony," but Dan-Ek has three skills that I can use even if they're not in my skill slot. There are three skills in Dan-eq that can be used even if they're not in your skill set: 《Small Recovery》, 《Torch》, and 《Aura》.



 



 《Small Recovery》 is an MND-dependent recovery skill. However, it can't heal serious wounds, and its MP efficiency is very poor. If your MND is high enough to be able to use this skill, it's much better to learn and use the higher level "Recovery", which is a so-called "dead skill". With my current MND, I would have to spend almost all of my MP to heal the scars. It might be worth it to someone who suffers from scars, though.



 



 Torch is a skill that floats a small ball of light in your palm and illuminates your surroundings. However, this is also a dead skill. If you're going to spend your precious MP on this skill, you might as well just take a flashlight with you.



 



 Last but not least, "Aura". In the Kariya event, the mobs around you intimidated you, and that is the "Aura". Originally, it was used to keep out small monsters of different levels, but when used on people or monsters of different levels, it works as intimidation. It will be known as the "idiot detector skill" as many idiots will use it as an easy threat.



 



 Of the three, I choose "Torch" for the experiment. I don't have any wisps right now - other than pig-o'-mind wisps - and the "Aura" might surprise passersby. The initial skill "Gluttony" is probably a passive skill that activates all the time.



 



 So, I tried it right away.



"......, how do I use it?"



 



 In the game, you could press a shortcut key on the glove-shaped controller to automatically activate a registered skill, but I don't have such a glove on right now, and there's no button I can press. But now I don't have such a glove, and there is no button to press. I had no choice but to use the turtle wave technique I had practiced in elementary school - though of course I couldn't shoot it even then.



"I thought it would work in this world.



 



 I thought it would work in this world, but there was no response and I was at a loss. What was I supposed to do?



 



 



 



 I couldn't come up with a good idea, so I went to the library and picked up a book called "Even a Monkey Can Understand!  I borrowed a book called "Introduction to Skill Activation. Although I was a little concerned about the provocative cover picture, I decided to go with this book because it seemed to be easy to understand with many illustrations.



 



 According to the book, "Generally speaking, you start by sensing magic power. Magic power can be easily released from magic tools, and the best ones are those that don't have much output. I went to the Adventurer's Guild store to see if they had any magic tools, and I found a magic stone tool with a light like a flashlight. I'll buy this one.



"I know it glows when I press this switch, but how does it produce magic power?



 



 I didn't know what was inside the lighted magic tool, so I disassembled it and found that it contained a small magic stone and a metal plate about a few centimeters in size with a magic circle drawn on it. I guessed that this magic circle was converting magic power into light energy.



 



 I took off a part of this magic circle and purposely made it fail, and when I tried to activate it, the magic power itself flowed out as I had ...... expected.







"Magic power is colorless and transparent."


 I don't know if it's coming out by appearance, so when I touched it, I felt something tingling or unpleasant.


"So, give it a feel similar to this ... huh ... huhhhhhhh!"


 After all, I'm forced to do it, and it feels like practicing Ka * hame waves. I was laughed at by a girl student who passed by. Tehe.



 



Picking up the book again, I read over the diagram of the monkey gently releasing magic power from its body and the explanation below it. I think it's impossible to illustrate, but I'm going to try ...... to turn the magic circuit of the tool back on and make the light tool work.



"It comes on as normal. ......



 



 I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it's a good idea. I'm sure that there is magic power in this world. It's a good idea to take a look at your own personal life and the way you live it. Believe in yourself!  I'm sure you're right. 



  



 I'm not sure what to make of this.



 



 I've been trying to force my magic out of my body for a while now, but I've been holding my hand up like this monkey to let something overflowing in my body out. Then, even though I wasn't using a tool, I felt something flooding my palm, though it didn't tingle.



"Is this my magic power?  Then ......"



 



 Next, he released his magic power while reminding himself of the Torch. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but it's a good idea.



"That's it!  Yeeyahhhh!"



 



 Haha ...... No, no, no. The people around me gave me a blank stare again. But now that I can use magic, I finally feel like I'm in a fantasy world. I hadn't been able to grasp the feeling of a different world just by beating slime with a bat.



 



 Well, I've always wanted to enter the world of Dan-Eku, so please forgive me for getting so excited.







 







 Okay, next. I think I can do "manual activation" with this.



 



 The method of activating the skill I just described is called "auto activation". In the game, if you register an active skill you have memorized to a shortcut key, you can activate it just by pressing that button.



 



 Activating a skill with a single button is a big advantage because it ensures that the skill will be activated whenever you want to use it. The disadvantage is that you can only set up to four shortcut keys, and the cool time to reuse them and the MP consumption can be large.



 



 In the original world, the only way to activate a spell was by using body motions or drawing a magic circle with your fingers. In the original world, the success or failure of a skill was determined by a motion camera placed in front of the player and a glove-shaped controller.



 



 In the original world, a motion camera placed in front of the player and a glove-shaped controller were used to determine whether a skill was successful or not. Manual activation becomes more complicated at higher levels, requiring the player to mix and match motions from all over the body, and the input time becomes longer, resulting in more mistakes. However, if you can successfully activate it, the cool time and MP consumption will be greatly reduced, making it a powerful weapon. The disadvantage is almost gone if the skill has a simple motion.



 



 There are also advanced tactics such as "skill chaining," which incorporates manual activation into skill movements and connects skills to each other, and "fake skills," where the skill motion is successful but the activation is not. In any case, these were very useful against opponents and strong enemies.



 



 Manual activation gives you a lot of freedom in your skill actions, and it's a system that can be said to be the core of Dan-Eku.



 



 However, it was not explained in the game at all, as if it was a secret technique. The most common way to gather information is to look for it on the Internet, but not all skill motions are available on the Internet, and some of them are only known to a few people.



 



 However, not all skill motions are available on the Internet, and some of them are only known to a few people. Manual and automatic motions have their advantages and disadvantages, so the general way to fight is to mix and match.







 







 So, let's try manual activation right away. Since the Torch is treated as magic, the manual activation method is not by motion, but by drawing a magic circle.



 



 First, I start by tracing the board in front of me with my palm to draw a magic circle. After that, you just draw an inverted triangle in the air, which is the magic circle of the Torch.



 



 I tried several times, but it seemed that I succeeded only when I traced the air so that the magic power would come out from my fingers, instead of releasing the magic power when I finished drawing. The "torch" effect popped out, just as it did when it was auto-activated. The amount of glitter might be a little higher.







 







 For the next experiment, I moved to the back of the first floor of the dungeon and checked to see if there was anyone around.



 



 The game only activated the three initial skills or the skills in the skill slots that anyone can activate, whether on auto or manual, but I'm going to try and do some motions for the skills I haven't learned yet.



"For starters, let's try something like ...... summoning magic.



 



 I drew up a complex geometric magic circle in one go. This is a skill that I worked very hard to learn, but I ended up deleting it in the game because I didn't have enough skill slots.



"Summon!  Jormungandr!



 



 The skill "Jormungandr" is a magic that summons a giant snake with divine properties. It has very high physical and magical resistance, and also has a powerful debuff skill that lowers the level of all monsters in the vicinity. The monster level is 75, and if you can summon it, you'll be able to get to the middle level with it.



 



 ......, but of course, it didn't work. I wasn't expecting it, though. There should have been no mistake in the magic circle, but I had a strong feeling that it would fail because no magic power was passing through it while I was drawing it.



 



 The reason for the failure was not that I didn't have enough levels or MP, but rather that I simply didn't have enough "Jormungand" in my current skill set to activate it.



 



 But you never know. It's free to try. Next, let's try the skill motion.



"I've been using the Magic Lance for a while now, but now that I have a bat, I might as well use a mace-type skill.



 



 Without thinking too much about it, I precisely traced a complex motion like a sword dance that I've done many times in games at the slime in front of me. I'm not sure what to do with it.



"I'm going to do it now.



 



 This is an anti-military skill that can only be activated with a large sword or mace. I'm not sure what to make of it.



"I'm not sure what to say.  I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I'm sure it's a good idea.



 



 It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're going to be doing.



 



 This skill is very low in power, perhaps because it depends on STR physical strength and weapons, and although it has hit several slimes, it has not killed any of them.



 



 The bat in my hand shattered into pieces, taking more MP than I had with me, and I fainted on the spot. ......



*・・*・・*・・*・・*・・*





The next day, Monday.



 



 I fainted in the dungeon and was rescued when I was entangled in slime, and I became the talk of the school as "the weakest man in the history of the adventurer school.


TL Note- Well it's the second sponsored Chapter made possible due to our patron d3led and more is coming. On a side note I feel sorry for Butao  new title. After this Chapter we crossed 50k words for this novel.





 







 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts