A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 4

Chapter 4-Marin on the other hand.

(TL:By Rafael)

"I can't die in this place!"(Marin)



 



 Marin was running.

 

 She was running like a maniac in the middle of the middle level of the dungeon. She didn't have her usual lady-like demeanor, but was running as a single human being, following her survival instincts.

 

 A group of demons was approaching behind her.
 

 The girl was waving her hands in the air, her eyes bloodshot and her mouth breathing out white.



 



 The reason why this happened goes back to a few moments ago.











 
(Only read at valhallatls.blogpost.com)




 When Marin went to the guild to register as an adventurer, she overheard this story.



"Cleo is already near the bottom level. Then I'll have to reach the same level if I want his approval. ......!



 



 Her original goal was no longer in her mind.

 

 She was a saint of the new age, and all she could think about was getting that boy's approval. That was all she wanted. She left her home to do so, even registered as an adventurer, and came to this conclusion.

 

 Even though she was incoherent, all she could see in her eyes was Cleo.

 

 That's why she ran away without taking the advice of the man at the reception desk.



"Don't worry, I'll be fine. --Don't underestimate the saints of the new age!"(Marin)



 



 That's what I said to the people who were desperately trying to stop me.

 

 And the result was....











"Come to think of it, I'm not very good at offensive magic."(Marin)



 



 --This is it.



 



 This is what happens when you go into a dungeon without a good means of attack. It's not just the upper levels of the dungeon, but the middle levels as well, where a good number of demons have gathered.

 

 There is a limit to what you can fight off with rudimentary magic*.

 (TL:Support magic)

 But even so, Marin's basic magic power was high. She was doing pretty well for a beginner, but her fear finally got the better of her and she was in this state.



"I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die. ......?"(Marin)



 



 I glanced behind me and saw large Orcs and Wyverns.

 

 Their red eyes were glowing, and the sight of them closing in on us in packs was nothing short of terrifying. If she was caught, there was no telling what she would be subjected to.

 

 Thinking about this, Marin's body suddenly became cold.

 



"Cleo, please help me! Please!"(Marin)



 



 Crying out, the saint asks for help from that boy.

 

 She looked like a child begging her mother for a toy.



"Somebody help ---- Kyah! Whoa!"(Marin)



 



 And finally, her legs must have reached their limit.

 

 Marin couldn't make it around the corner, so she spun forward a few times and crashed into the wall. Her nose was bleeding as she got up, but it seemed she had sprained her leg.

 

 It turned purple, and she couldn't get any strength into it.



"I can't wait to get my healing magic on ----. They're catching up."(Marin)


 



 I quickly try to heal it, but they catched up with me while I'm doing so.

 

 The demons surrounding the girl with her back against the wall. They were slowly closing the distance. Seeing these inhuman people, what came to the girl's mind was .......




"It reminds me of that time. ......"(Marin)





 





 It was a memory from before she met Cleo.

 

 The eyes of the people who looked at me as if they despised me. They certainly resembled those of a non-human. Other than his parents, there was no one else who had treated her as a human being.
 

 

 But that boy was gone now, too.

 

 There was no one here who could help her.



"What am I doing here? ......"(Marin)



 



 The girl laughed at herself.

 
She had acted selfishly and gone out of control, and this was the result.   


 No one would ever reach out to someone selfish  like her.

 



 That's right, even that boy--







"Are you okay? --Marin"

"Huh…………?"(Marin)







 







 That was the moment I thought that.

 

 In the midst of the sudden clamor that I heard, there was clearly such a voice.

 

 When I opened my eyes, which had been closed for some time, there was no doubt that he was there.





"Cle, o ......?"(Marin)





 





 He was a boy who reached out to me, just like back then.

TL Note- Well a hero saving a damsel in distress, a must for a fantasy story. Well let's see how things play out next.



Comments

  1. I literally just started reading this today and i am already caught up... This is one of my better days since some days i just cannot focus and have difficulties getting past a singe damn sentence. But today it feels like i am hyperfocused on reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join our discord ,you will get faster updates there and talk with other readers and tranlators

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts