A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched

Volume 4
Chapter 3-Daily life at the Orzar household

(TL:By Rafael)

"Hey, Cleo. How is Maki these days?"(Gown)

"Don't worry, Miss Gown. Maki is already a great adventurer."(Cleo)



 



 

 

 A few days later, I was visiting the Orzar family on my occasional vacation.

 

 This was a suggestion, or rather a wish, from Mr. Gown. He wanted me to report on how his daughter Maki was performing her role.

 

 He seemed to have shed his possessions and was now a caring father.



"I wish I could go with her, but I can't because I have to atone for my former party members. I'll have to spend the rest of my life atoning for those sins."(Gown)

"No one died, did they?"(Cleo)

"But it doesn't change the fact that I ruled over them with fear. No matter what."(Gown)



 



 I offered a little help to ease his pain, but Gown was having none of it.

 

 After all, this was his way of atoning for his sins. He became calm, and a gentle light shone in his eyes.



"But leaving all that aside ,I didn't know Cleo was from the Farseed family."(Gown)



 



 Talking so far, he suddenly says so.it.



"...... I'm not a Farseed anymore."(Cleo)

"I'm sorry if I offended you. It's just that I thought we were more alike than I thought. But you don't seem to have left any grudges like I did. ......"(Gown)

"Grudge ......?"(Cleo)



 



 When I asked him back, he thought for a moment and then said.



"No, don't worry about it. It's just that I'm a big idiot."(Gown)



 



 He smiled and answered.

 

A little. Just a little bit, with a sad color in his eyes..



"Well, I heard that your fiancé or something came to see you.

"Marin? She's one of my childhood friends, but she's not my fiancée!



 



 But then he changed and said that as if he was teasing me.

 

 I denied it, feeling embarrassed. 

 

 Then he put his arm around my shoulder and said, "Don't be embarrassed," as he looked at Maki struggling with her chores.





"But Maki's going to have a hard time."(Gown)

 "Huh......?"(Cleo)




 





 Yes, he gave me a faraway look.

 

 I don't know what it is, but the strength in his arms around my shoulder has gotten stronger .......



"Well, don't worry about it! It's just fatherly instincts."(Gown)

"Ha, ha. ....... I see."(Cleo)


(TL: Father Gown knows Cleo is denser than mercury)
 



 Just as I thought that, he pulled his hand away.

 

 I tilted my head, but naturally smiled when I saw his fatherly expression.


"I'm going to go help Maki with this.

"Oh, please do so."



 



And when the time is right and I say so, Mr. Gown gives me a push.

 

He ran over to Maki and was served by  her slightly burnt dish. It was like a real family, and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming.








◆ ◇ ◆


".................."



 



 Gown looked at the boy's back.

 

 And when he saw his daughter panicking when he called out to her, he smiled. However, the happy expression on his face soon changed to a tightened one.

 

 He paused for a moment, and then blurted out.





"Cinderius ..."(Gown)





 





 ----That name.

 

 It's must be fate, he thought.

 

 It has been more than ten years since he lived as Gown Orzar. The reunion with a name that he thought would never cross his mind again caused a small stir in his heart.

TL Note- Soemtimes I feel this story is more complicated than we see it as and we are just at the tip of the iceberg. I would also like to thank Zaped for buying us a kofi, (kofi makes TL happy 😇)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts