Evil Avalon

Chapter 6- Lunch at Narumi Family
(TL: By Rafael)


{SPONSORED CHAPTER-1}

(Read Chapter 5 by clicking the Prev  button below of you haven't read it and link for ch 5 is hidden on NU so read it on the site)

(TL: We thank our patron Krazey for making this sponsored Chapter possible)

I've just finished cleaning my room and it's a little afternoon. I have plenty of time, so I'm going to dive into the dungeon. But before I do that, my stomach is growling, so I'd better eat something.




 



 According to Butao's memory, I must have eaten a good amount of food for breakfast, but I'm so hungry that I feel dizzy. I suspect that a skill like "Gluttony" caused this abnormal appetite and made Butao so fat.



 



 I don't think he'll be able to move properly with this body when he dives into dungeons, so dieting is a must. I want to keep my diet moderate.



 



 Nonetheless...



(Hey, isn't this a bit much?)



 



 A mountain of rice and side dishes was piled up in front of me. It must be roughly 2000 calories. And it was full of fried foods and carbohydrates, with almost no vegetables. The amount of food and the menu seemed to be asking me to gain weight.



"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to cut back on the portions."

"It's your favourite fried chicken and croquettes. I wonder if you caught a cold."




 



 Butao's mother put her hand on her cheek and asked with concern. I don't know why I asked her to prepare lunch for me, but if I eat this much food every day, I'm going to get fat. My stomach has been rumbling for a while now, and it's begging me to eat what's in front of me, but I use my mental strength to control it.



" I'm trying to lose weight, so I want to eat mostly vegetables.

"When did you learn to eat vegetables, Onii?"



 



 My sister raised her eyebrows in question. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what's going on here. I had no choice but to fake it.



"I'm not sure what to make of that."

"It's true that ...... you're a little chubby, aren't you?"

"I think that's about right for a guy like you."



 



 I am around 170cm tall and weighs over 100kg. ...... I might weigh 120kg. 



"I am going to the dungeon now."

" Ara~you're already going to the dungeon."

"...... hmph."



 



 The girl in front of me is a short-cut, baby-faced girl with a face so cute it's hard to believe she's Butao's younger sister. The name is Narumi Kano. She is currently in her third year of junior high school and is studying hard for her entrance exam and attending a martial arts school in hopes of attending the same adventurer school as Butao next year.



 



 Her younger sister looks down and starts mumbling something. Is it possible that I am being suspected?



"...... Onii. Take me to the dungeon too.

"Huh?  But you're only in the third grade."

"Hanano, you can't push him like that."

"Boo-hoo!  I want to go!"



 



 She wants to go to the dungeon. There is a law that prohibits people under the age of 15 from entering dungeons, and junior high school students are not allowed. The first and second floors of the dungeon are full of enemies that even junior high school students can defeat, but it's not absolutely safe. In order to protect its citizens, the government imposes age-based entrance restrictions.



 



 Originally, it was banned for those under 18, not 15, but with the advent of the artificial magic field (AMF, as it is called) Crimes and terrorist attacks using physical enhancement occurred frequently, and order was disrupted. In order to train more talented adventurers, the government revised the law and lowered the age limit to 15.



 



 Even so, my sister, who is under 15 and in junior high school, will not be allowed to enter the dungeon.



 



 



 



 My mother appeases my sister in front of me, and my mother tries to spoil her. I never had such a  warm family back on Earth, and this scene seems so warm and fragile to me.



 



 I had a family when I was little, but I barely remember them, and seeing the interaction in front of me reminds me of what it must have been like. I want to protect the family that Butao loves with all my heart and do something to atone for the sins that have taken over his body. The dungeon is normally inaccessible, but there are a few ways out.



"It won't be for a while, but if you remain a good girl, you can come with me after some time.

"Yeah, yeah!  Then I promise, I will be a good girl."



 



 I promised to take her to the dungeon, and she went back to her room humming in a good mood. My mother also went back to her room to guard the store.







 







 As I watched them leave, I let out a sigh of relief.



 



 Although they didn't suspect the contents of my bag earlier, they must have thought it was unusual. If I suddenly said, "I switched the contents of my bag," they would have thought I was crazy, and I wasn't going to say something like that.



 



 In order not to cause unnecessary confusion to my family, and to be able to live in this world, I need to retrieve my memory and organize information about what kind of person Butao usually is, what kind of tone he uses, and what kind of habits he has. Since I had been single for a long time, I was confused by the idea of living with other people and was not thinking clearly.



 



 However, Butao's memories and emotions are still coming out, both consciously and unconsciously, so it is not that I have become a completely different person. I guess I should say that I have become the "new Butao". It's a really strange thing that happened.



 



 There are some questions I have. From the looks of it, the relationship between Butao and his family is good, and they are not particularly worried about him. How did he become such a self-conscious and destructive character at school? I guess it's because he was obsessed with Kaworu Hayase, but is that really all there is to it?



 



 As for Butao in the game, there is not enough information about him because he is just portrayed as a jerk. I want to be as discreet as possible at school and avoid getting involved with Kaworu Hayase as much as possible.



 



 



 



 After finishing a small lunch that didn't even reach my halfway mark, I changed into my junior high school jersey from the wardrobe and prepared to go to the dungeon. The tightness of my thighs and stomach indicated that I had gained even more weight than in middle school. What a mess.



 



 As I walked down the stairs with my backpack full of magic stones, I saw my mother rummaging around in front of the store's cash register.



"I'm going to the dungeon now."

"You're going there empty-handed. You're not taking anything with you?

"I found a baseball bat in my room, so I'll take that with me.  I'm only going to the first floor today, so I'll be fine with that."



 



 On the first floor of the dungeon, hidden monsters may appear depending on the conditions, but basically, only slimes will appear there , so a baseball bat should be enough. I'll be able to rent weapons at the school during the orientation, so if I can find a good one then, I will go ahead and rent it.



 



 In order to protect me and my family from the crisis that is about to happen, first and foremost I must be strong. I may have a long way to go, but I'll keep my spirits up







 







 *...*...*...*...*...*







 







 I steered back to the school where the dungeon was located, while running to lose some weight.



 



 I'm trying my best to run while shaking my fat, but I'm only slightly faster than people walking around there. It's only a five-minute walk from my house to the school, but I'm halfway there and I'm gasping for air and sweating profusely. I felt like I was going to run out of energy in the dungeon, so I decided to walk. The sudden movement might have startled my body.



 



 By the way, there really are a lot of people around here.



 



 In my original world, I remember this area being a rural city with many quiet residential areas and parks, but in this world, adventurers and dungeon-related companies from all over the country have gathered here, creating a huge economic zone with a population of over 800,000. This is because this is the only place in Japan where dungeons exist.



 



 Land prices have also skyrocketed, with rents for a single room exceeding those of central Tokyo. Even the Narumi family's house, which is located in a back alley and is not very spacious, seems to be worth a lot of money.



 (There are many places to buy and eat. I have to resist temptation.)



 



 As I looked at the stores around me, I remembered what I should have done to enter the dungeon .





 





 Normally, to enter a dungeon, you have to go through a tedious registration process, an interview, several training sessions, and then a written exam, which takes several months. On the other hand, I remember my homeroom teacher saying that students of the adventurer school had already passed the strict screening process by the government and would be issued an adventurer's card immediately just by showing their device.



 



 So, let's head to the Adventurer's Guild first.



 



 



 



 The adventurer's guild is a familiar organization in other-worldly fantasy, but the adventurer's guild in this world does something similar. This is where you can register and manage your adventurers, buy and sell items, and accept orders for quests.



 



 The first difference between this guild and a fantasy adventurer's guild is the large number of users. There are more than 10 million registered adventurers, and more than 100,000 use this huge organization every day. Within the buildings of the Adventurer's Guild, private companies conduct research and development and open stores, and there are also public facilities such as hospitals and libraries, which are used by many people other than adventurers.



 



 The guild also treats the injured in and out of dungeons, manages public safety, and dispatches high-ranking adventurers who belong to the guild to fight among adventurers. For this reason, the building of the Adventurers' Guild is a modern high-rise complex with over 40 floors.



 



 I stopped at the entrance of this huge building and couldn't help but look up.



"I could see it from the school building, but it's huge. ......"



 



 There were a lot of people walking by, so I decided to move quickly from the entrance to the inside.







 







 The inside had modern brick walls and marble flooring, and the space was large enough for several hundred people to move around. On the left side of the room was a row of bank-like reception areas, and on the right side were several elevators and escalators with people moving about in a hurry.



 



 As I recall, there were some events here where I got tangled up, but at this time of day, there were relatively few people on the street and no rude adventurers.



 



 The receptionist for new adventurers is over there at .......





"Welcome. What can I do for you?"



 



 The receptionist, who seemed friendly, asked me while smiling. She is well trained. It's not like the fantasy novel where the receptionist changes her attitude based on the appearance and rank of the adventurer.



"I'd like to register as a new adventurer."

"You're a student at the Adventurer's School, aren't you? Please enter your name and the terminal ID number on your arm here."



 



 When the receptionist saw the adventurer school terminal on my arm, she handed me a registration form. So this is the terminal ID.



"This is your adventurer ID. Since you are a student of the Adventurer's School, there is no registration fee. Adventurer ranks start at 9th level. Everything you need to know about being an adventurer is written in this manual, but if you have any questions, please feel free to come back."



 



 From now on, you can enter by holding up this adventurer's card or the terminal on your arm to the machine at the entrance. The adventurer's card is also your ID, so keep it in your backpack. I'll have to read the manual later.


 



 Now let's head for the dungeon entrance. I can't stop the excitement welling inside me.

TL NoteWe thanks our sponsor Krazey for making this sponsored chapter possible.  We faced some problems on the NU and chapter 5 was hidden on NU and I don't know whether this chapter 6 will show or not but you can always navigate through the next button whenever it is highlighted it means the next chapter is available














Comments

  1. Thanks for the upload, but why no nu update? Makes this novel seem dead and the worst part is the chapter list of the site itself. We don't need the novel's cover art for each chapter just the chapter number and date of release. If I have to scroll through all of the newer posts to find the chapter that I left off on I'd sooner just drop it all together regardless of how good it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts