A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched

Volume 2
Chapter 3-The past of the rough man.
(TL:By Rafael)


Gown Orzar - formerly known as Gown Sindelius.


 


 He was the legitimate son of the Sindelius family, the nobility of this royal city. However, his arrogance and insolence caused his subjects and finally his father to give up on him. After his father's disinheritance, Gowon rose through the ranks of the adventurer's guild on the strength of his skills.




 


 But even though he was given a certain position, his mind was distorted by his resentment towards those who betrayed him. He thinks of his friends as nothing more than convenient pawns, and controls the party through fear.


 


 The guild, which upholds the principle of the supremacy of merit, has tolerated him to this day.





 I'm alone in my room at the inn, lying on my back on my bed.


 


 I was just thinking about what Keane told me about Gown Orzar's past. His circumstances were similar to mine, but I just couldn't understand him.


 


 It was unthinkable that he would treat his precious companion as something that could die for his benefit.


 


 The Sindelius family, a noble family, was somewhat familiar to me, but even so, I was not familiar with his situation. What had happened for them to give up on their legitimate heir? Why did Gown had to go that far?




"Hmm, go ahead."(Cleo)




 




 That was when I  was thinking about those things.


 


 Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. When I called out to come in, she appeared in front of me.......




"Hey, it's Maki. What's wrong, couldn't sleep?(Cleo)


"Yes, I couldn't. There's something I wanted to tell you, Cleo." (Maki)


"......?  Okay, please go ahead, I'm listening." (Cleo)


"Thank you very much."(Maki)




 The girl who was in Gown's party which was ruled by fear was none other than Maki.


 


 She sat down next to me with an apologetic look on her face, and after a few moments of silence, she began to speak.




"Um, ....... I know this may sound strange, but I have a favor to ask from you." (Maki)


"Yes, what is it?"(Cleo)



 Then, she  began to speak.




"Please don't think badly of Mr Gown." (Maki)






 


 The next thing the girl told me was a slightly unexpected aspects of  the roughly man called Gown.



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆



"Oh,isn't that the one everyone is  talking about."(Mob A)


"I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him but that's the rumored Cleo".(Mob B)




 Sniffling, Gown stoked his ale alone in the dark room.


 


 He looked so uncomfortable at the mention of the name of the boy who had defied him. He was uncomfortable with almost everything, anyway.


 


 Not getting what he wanted.


 


 The fact that he was interrupted when he ate.


 


 And most of all....




"Koo ....... I didn't know Maki was going that way, too."(Gown)




 The girl, Maki, had gone to Cleo's side.


 


 It may have been that he felt that he had lost a valuable pawn. However, he seemed to have more anger in his heart than just losing a valuable pawn.


 


 Normally, he would just yell at this situation.


 


 he would just yell at himself , but the fact that he was holding it in was some kind of proof.




"Well, it's alright. I just need to get it back."(Gown)



 With that, Gown slurped down another drink.



 Then he took out a pendant from his pocket.


 I'm sure you'll agree.



"I'm not sure how far I can go alone , But I guess that also means I'm all alone no matter how far I go!(Gown)

(TL: This line was surprisingly deep)


 He laughed .



 He laughed  loudly, but he wasn't laughing at other talking about the match nor he was laughing at the rookie who challenged him for a match , he was just laughing at himself, mocking his own life.



In the bustling  city full of life ,Gown's voice echoed through the city at night. ......


TL Note-Well I guess they meant this when they say nobody is born a villain.  Stay tuned for the next Chapter to see Gown Orzar' hidden dark past and on a side note my fever has finally  gone after two days.

Next

Prev


Comments

  1. Ah... The tragic villain. Granted, a minor one who will probably only briefly be one but still.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts