The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 341 Happiness

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Smiling gently beside the bed was my mother.

Even though she looked like she couldn't help but think I had overslept...

She never stopped smiling.

There was no sense of her being a fake or a dream. The mother in front of me felt undoubtedly real.

Why can I be so sure of that? It's hard to explain if asked...

But maybe it's because I'm her son.

I can strongly feel the bond between mother and child that exists between us.

There's no logic to it...

But I know for sure that the person in front of me is my mother.

"Why are you here, Mom?"

"Rain?"

"No, this can't be..."

"Hey!"

"Ouch."

She flicked my forehead with her finger.

"Are you still half-asleep?"

"Huh? No, I'm not, but..."

That flick completely woke me up.

"But there's no way you could be here, Mom..."

"See, you are still half-asleep. This is my house and also my inn. It's natural for me to be here, right?"

"Inn...?"

"Yes. Not long ago, your father and I opened an inn, remember?"

"Dad? Dad's here too?"

"He's downstairs preparing breakfast for everyone right now."

"No way..."

"Why are you so surprised?"

"Because, Mom and Dad... over ten years ago..."

Wait.

What was I about to say?

I felt the words I had formed in my mind rapidly unraveling like a string coming loose.

"Over ten years ago?"

"Um... huh? What was I going to say? Mom, do you know?"

"How would I know?"

"Ouch."

She flicked my forehead again.

"You really are still half-asleep. Seriously... go wash your face and come down. Everyone is already awake."

"Got it."

This is strange...?

What was I going to say?

If I forgot it so easily, it might not have been that important.

But it bothers me a lot, like it's something I shouldn't forget...

It really bothers me.

But I can't put it into words.

Even now, that 'something' is rapidly flying off into the depths of my memory, becoming something I feel I can never retrieve again...

"Seriously, what could it be?"

Not knowing what to do, I sighed on the bed.

Seeing me like that, my mother chuckled softly.

"Rain."

"Yeah?"

"Good morning."

"...Good morning."

It's just a simple greeting, so why?

It pierced my heart deeply, making me feel like I might cry.

――――――――――

"Good morning."

"Oh, Rain! Good meowrning!"

"Good morning, Rain."

"Good morning."

"Good morning, it is!"

When I went downstairs, there were Kanade, Tania, Sora, and Luna. They each greeted me energetically.

"Rain, were you just sleeping until a moment ago?"

"H-How did you know?"

"Because your bedhead is still there."

"Huh? Where?"

"On the right side."

As Tania instructed, I touched the side of my head and felt my hair sticking out wildly. I can't believe I came out in front of everyone like this... It's really embarrassing.

"Geez, just stay still."

Tania smiled softly, got up from her seat, and moved in front of me. She started fixing my bedhead with her fingers.

"~♪"

Tania hummed a little tune, looking very pleased. I wonder why she's so happy just fixing my bedhead.

"There, all done. How's that?"

"Thank you, Tania."

"It's fine. Taking care of my husband is a wife's duty."

Huh?

Did I just hear something strange...?

"Meow... Tania, that's unfair."

When I looked around, I saw Kanade glaring resentfully at Tania. She looked somewhat like a sulking child.

"I want to take care of Rain too. I'm also Rain's wife, you know."

"Hmph, there's only one Rain, so it's first come, first served. You slowpoke cat."

"Mew~ But I also want to..."

"Rain, your clothes are a bit disheveled. Wife Sora will fix them for you."

"Rain, wife Luna will also help fix your clothes. Come, sit here."

I was gently pushed and ended up being taken care of by the twins. Wait, Sora and Luna also said something strange...

"Oh no, am I late again!? Or rather, did I get overtaken again!?"

"Really, Kanade, you're always so slow. This slowpoke cat."

"That name sounds delicious in its own way."

"Are you really okay with that...?"

While this was happening, Sora and Luna straightened my clothes.

"There, now it's all fine."

"Thank you. Um... by the way."

"Since Rain is our husband, we want him to look sharp. That would make us, his wives, happy too."

"That's right."

"Huh?"

"That 'wives' part...?"

When I asked, everyone looked at me in surprise and then sighed.

"Rain... you're still half-asleep. Even I am fully awake."

"Are you really saying that yourself...? Well, as Kanade said, it's better to get yourself together."

"But, in its own way, it's cute. Hehe, got to see a cute side of my husband."

"Now that you mention it, it might be a rare sight. Rain is usually so reliable."

"What are you all...?"

"Geez, Rain. Even if you're half-asleep, saying things like that makes me a little sad, you know?"

Kanade spoke with a face that looked both angry and sad.

"We all married you, Rain."

"Huh?"

"And yet, saying things like you don't know that... you're still too sleepy!"

Wait... indeed, in this country, polygamy is accepted and legal. There's no problem with it.

But everyone here are my comrades, not my wives. I don't remember getting married... or wait, do I?

As I tried to deny it, various memories surfaced. Confessing to everyone and becoming a couple. Then, we dated smoothly. And then, I proposed, they accepted, and we had a wedding.

These memories suddenly came to the forefront, spreading throughout my mind as if overwriting my memory... And then, it became natural for me to think that way.

"That's right..."

Why did I think I wasn't married?

Confusing it with a dream is incredibly disrespectful to everyone.

"Sorry... really, I'm sorry. I must still be half-asleep."

"Meow, did you finally wake up?"

"You don't have to apologize so much. We came here to greet Rain's father and mother... But it was a bit of a forced march. You must be tired."

"That's right. If you're still sleepy, you can rest a bit more."

"Shall I nap with you?"

"No... yeah, I'm fine now."

I think... I'm fine. There shouldn't be any problems. This should be the correct reality.

"What's this? Rain's already under the thumb of his wives?"

With that voice and the sound of footsteps, Tina appeared. And her legs... were clearly visible there.

TL Note- Are we seeing the end of Rain's story ? A Sweet dream or a Nightmare?



 

Comments

Popular Posts