A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 22

Chapter 2-Meaning  behind the life of the departed.

(TL:By Rafael)


(TL: Senna's line are spoken in Erio's flashbacks  not in real)

"Is this where Senna's grave is: ......?"(Erio)

" Yes."(Lina)

"Hmm......."(Erio)





 





 Erio and Lina had come to a remote forest far from the royal capital.

 

 In that place, rich in nature, there is a cross grave made of tree branches. Lina must have been tending it until recently. Flowers were blooming around it, as if to bless the dead.



 



 Erio kneels in front of it.

 

 And then--.





"Senna, I'm here. Sorry for I came late. ......"(Erio)





 





 So she said quietly.

 

 With big tears in her eyes, she tells her precious family.





"At last, I have come to terms with Senna's death, I was finally able to accept what Senna told me at that time, when our house in Ledin was attacked by bandits."(Erio)













"I'm sure Erio will come to my rescue!"(Senna)











But I couldn't protect Senna. That's why I was running away all the time.







 







 I was weak, and I spilled a little life.

 

 For years, Erio had regretted this.

 

 When bandits invaded the remote house where she was sheltering, Senna was taken as a hostage. Erio struggles to rescue her, but the consequences are too cruel.





"I still remember her last words. Senna lives on in me."(Erio)





 





 But that suffering ends today.

 

 Erio wipes away his tears and looks at the grave with a small smile. And then...







'After all, you are a beautiful woman, Erio-sama! Because your smile suits you so well!"(Senna)







 







 I heard an innocent girl's voice.

 

 Such, I felt.







'Are you all right now? ......Erio-san."(Lina)

'Yeah, thanks. Lina."(Erio)







 







 I reply to the girl who stands up and smiles softly at me.

 

 She looks just like Senna that day,  Erio thought from the bottom of her heart.







 







 The past cannot be changed.

 

 Dead people do not come back.

 

 That is a reality that cannot be overturned no matter what we do.





Still, ......







 







  Erio thinks.

 

 It is surely those who are left behind who will create the meaning of those who departed.







 







 She keeps in mind the girl who came as a maid that day.

 

 Slowly, Erio takes a step forward.

TL Note- And with this I think the Erio arc sums up, F for Senna and a new future for Erio.


Comments

  1. F for Senna, hope Erio and Lina can start to take steps forward with her smile as a good memory

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts