A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 17

Chapter 2-House Clefus and House Ledin

--Just as I was about to leave to look for Erio, I had an unexpected visitor.

 

 





"...... Hey, Cleo. Can I have a moment of your time?"(Aruna)

"Aruna! How did you got injured!, ......?"(Cleo)





 





 This person was one of my schoolmates.

 

 He - Aruna Clefus - came into the inn, limping on one leg. Naturally, all eyes were on him. I lent my shoulder to Aruna as if to protect her. Then, my former schoolmate let out a somewhat self-mocking laugh and said,

 "I'm sorry you always have to  see my pathetic and sorry state."(Aruna)





"Huh ......?"(Cleo)

"Don't worry about it. It's just a little reminiscent  memory of the old days."(Aruna)

(TL: What are they like in their teens)

 



 When we tilted our heads, Aruna laughed again.

 

 Although  it was a small one.





"There are too many people here. Do you mind if we talk in  the room you're staying in?"(Aruna)





 





 "Yes,"(Cleo)

 

 I nodded and took him to my room.

 

 Keane and the others had already gathered there, probably having noticed something strange. They looked at Aruna, who was covered in wounds, and gave him a somewhat difficult look.



"Don't worry, Cleo. I can walk on my own from here."(Aruna)

"Ah, yes."(Cleo)



 



 Perhaps sensing this, Aruna gave him a small earful and straightened up.

 

 After taking a deep breath, he greeted everyone as follows.





"My name is Aruna Clefus. Last night..."(Aruna)





 





 In a mysterious tone of voice.





"I was attacked by Erio Ledin, and I fought her off."(Aruna)















"What is the connection between the Crefus family and the Ledin family?"(Aruna)





 





 

 

 When I walked into my room and laid Aruna on the bed, he suddenly said that.



"Oh, yes. You know, Cleo, don't you? My family - Clefus and Ledin - have been fighting for years, you know."(Aruna)

"............ Yeah."(Cleo)



 



 Aruna replied to our question, looking up at the ceiling.

 

 I nodded back and looked at everyone else with just my gaze before I began to speak.





"All of us here in this room are not unrelated. It all started way back ......"(Cleo)





 





 In a quiet tone of voice.

 

 It was as if I was starting a fairy tale.







"The time goes back more than a thousand years from now. Yes..."(Cleo)







 







 It's a very important and very deep-rooted story.







"It's the story of the time when the heroes overthrew the demon king."(Cleo)

TL Note- Well raise yours hands or even better say it down in the comments.....who the hell expected this twist?


Comments

  1. Well, I didn't expect that. The existence of a Demon King introduced this late changes a lor, the world and the story got a lot bigger. This story is more surprising the longer it goes on, I didn't expect it to be this deep on the first volume

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts