A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched

Volume 7

Chapter 2-The night gets deeper.

(TL:By Rafael)

"Mr. Gown, is your wound okay?"(Cleo)

"Oh, don't worry. The bleeding has subsided thanks to Maki, and it's not a fatal wound."(Gown)



 



 I exchanged such words with Goon, who was covered in wounds.

 

 After recovering from Maki's healing magic, he said something that sounded like he was a ghost. But even though he's sitting on a chair, he certainly looks fine.

 

 I also checked that the wound was completely closed and no curse had been cast on it. I was a little surprised by that, but I guess it was a blessing in disguise.



"No, this must be..."(Gown)



 



 Gown's face showed that he was thinking about something.



"I'm sure the kid did this on purpose. He made it look like a fatal wound, but he didn't kill me when he really could have."(Gown)

"What do you mean by that?"(Cleo)

"We're being lured, you and I. ......"(Gown)

".................."(Cleo)



 



 I wondered if that was a conviction he could have because he was the one that had actually been attacked.
 

 He stood up slowly, with a reluctant expression on his face.



"Did you say Chris or something-- that kid's missed a lot of opportunities to kill me.. I don't know what he's up to, and I don't like it, but there must be something to it."(Gown)



 



 Then, from the back of the room, he pulls out the battle axe he used on the day of the duel.

 

 It seemed that what was in his sharp eyes was determination.


"I'm sorry, Cleo ....... I need a little help."(Gown)

"Mr. Gown ......?"(Cleo)



 



 He closed his eyes slowly once and then said.





"This is my fault, my fate, and it's wrong to put it on the young shoulders of kids like Maki and Marin. I need to settle this here. ......!"(Gown)


(TL: Repect for Gown +)


 





 I tried to shake off my hesitation and made a one big nod in response.


"I understand. I also want to rescue my dear friend."(Cleo)

"Well, I guess we have a deal."(Gown)



 



 Gown smiled at my words.

 

 Maki, who had been watching him, put her hand on her chest as if in prayer and said, "Father, I'm also coming with you."(Maki)





 



 What was there was a determination of her own.

 

 I'm sure the reason is the same as mine. As Marin's friend and confidant, she felt that she had to rescue her.

 

 Her father, Mr. Gown, nodded his head, as if he understood her feelings.



"But If you are in danger, you must run away immediately, okay?"(Gown)

"Mmm, I'm a full-fledged adventurer now!  I'm not the kind of kid who trembles behind his father's back all the time!"(Maki)

"Heh, ....... Now you're talking."(Gown)

"This is all thanks to you, Cleo!"(Maki)



 



 I watched the exchange between the father and daughter.

 

 I took a breath and declared, 





"Then let's go! Gown-san, please guide us!"(Cleo)





I'll be there soon.


So wait for me...Marin.


 


◆ ◇ ◆


 There is no light in Marin's room.

 

 It seemed to represent the heart of the girl right now.



"I'm already  ......."(Marin)



 



 All that came out of her mouth was the same sentence.

 

 Looking up at the moon outside the window, and seeing that it was a mocking crescent, Marin was silently ashamed of her actions.

 

She didn't blame it on the spell.

 

 That was just a trigger.



"I was afraid of disobeying my father after all."(Marin)



 



 That was it.

 

 In that moment, what came to the girl's mind was definitely Kaon's face.

 

 She knew that if she went against his power here, she would be in danger. That's why she thrust her blade at Gown. Marin thinks that Chris is doing something to him, even if it doesn't lead to death. When she imagined the worst, she wept.



 



 She thought that she had lost everything.



 



 Everything she had worked for, everything she had done, was fading away.

 

 The smile Cleo had given him, the warmth Maki had given him.



".................."(Marin)



 



 Everything was lost.

 

 The light in Marin's eyes is disappearing.

 

 The tears rolling down her cheeks became less and less frequent.





 





 The only thing in her heart was resignation.

 

 The night was drawing to a close. It was as dark and deep as Marin's heart. ......

TL Note- Sad life for me and Marin..... no one comments on the chapter......shy peeps.....comment if you pity Marin.


Comments

  1. Hopefully Marin isn't pushed aside later in the series for potential future heroines, thanks for the chappie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaon belongs in a place called Scumbaggia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you accidentally called marin and maki him in this chapter a few times... Just pointing that out. Also, yeah, I hope Kaon dies after being tortured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean ? Can you please elobrate so I can tell the concern TL.

      Delete
    2.  Everything she had worked for, everything she had done, was fading away.

       

       The smile Cleo had given him, the warmth Maki had given him.



      ".................."(Marin)



       



       Everything was lost.





      "The smile Cleo had given him, the warmth Maki had given him."


      The wording around here seems to imply that the one being given to is Marin who is a she. Then there is this bit i am not too sure on: " Marin thinks that Chris is doing something to him, even if it doesn't lead to death." Now, it could be referring to Gown with the "him" but i feel like given the context it could also be referring to Marin.

      Delete
  4. F for TL,
    I'm commenting cuz of u!! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plz tell me the mc is not a simp..
    Don't waste her tears..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts