A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched



Volume 0

Chapter 3- Keane's magic, a pinch immediately.

(TL: By Rafael)

"Well, doing such a difficult monster subjugation quest for our first mission-will it be okay? Keane"(Cleo)

"It's okay. I'm not a weak mage! If I was born differently, I'm sure I would have been a royal mage."(Keane)

"A royal mage huh ... Liliana I wonder , how are you ..."(Cleo)


 After spending the night at the inn that was introduced to me for the time being and after having my  lunch.

  On my way to the dungeon, I heard Keane's story and remembered my childhood friend who was number one student  in the field of magic. A royal mage could only be someone who is an excellent performer in the arts of  magic of the Royal Metropolitan Academy-that is, it is simply  the place of employment for the person who took the top spot in the field of magic. It is a place longed for by those who specialize in magic, where a stable future and success is guaranteed.


"By the way, Cleo. What is your class?"(Keane)

"Eh, class ...?"(Cleo)


 When I was reminiscing about the past, Keane suddenly dropped a question.

 Keane shrugs after seeing my stunned state as if he is asking with his eyes that  why can't I answer something so basic. Then he pointed towards my  waist and said:


"You are a mage right ? Why do you carry a sword?"(Keane)

"Oh, hmm ... You mean this ?"(Cleo)


 I look down at the sword at my waist.

 This was purchased at a weapons store early in the morning. Sure, I can fight as a mage, but I'm not bad at swordsman ship too.

 That's why there are many ways to fight for me.

 I bought it based on my whim.


"Haha, I know the way of the  sword too."(Cleo)

"Magic swordsman, huh ... well, let's say  it as you want it to be."(Keane)


 Still, there is no guarantee that I will be able to fight like a swordsman.

 So when I answered that  with a bitter smile, Keane nodded twice and was convinced. That's exactly what I wanted to say . I was also  second in swordsmanship.

 However, I didn't intend to hide  my ability.

 When this power is needed, I will do my best to confront the enemy.

 I don't have any expectations tying me down.

 Now that the house is no longer related to me, I can live as an adventurer as I like.





 Then, after several hours passed in the dungeon.

We reached the place  where the monster to be subjugated is supposed to be , and carefully check the surroundings. We illuminated the dim road with a magical light and proceeded slowly.

  Then, a few metres ahead, we discovered the subjugation target.


"Keane, it's the  King Damon ...!"(Cleo)

"Oh, that's right."(Keane)


 --King Damon.

 A demon-type monster, a species that reigns at the top of the Damon tribe. It has a well-developed body and large claws, and can fly in the sky with its large wings .

 And above all, what one should pay attention to is the attack of shooting a magical light bullet-commonly called [shot]. This is a simple magic attack, but King Damon's attack take it to a whole new level .


"Be careful not to alert it , and I'll kill him with the first hit!"(Keane)

"Okay, then--"(Cleo)


 I nod loudly to Keane's words.

 And I pull out my sword.


"Leave  being the decoy to me!"(Cleo)

"Oh, I'll throw a powerful magic right away!"(Keane)


 I became a  decoy with my own choice.

 In this situation, it's safe to leave my back to Keane, who specializes in magic. If so, the best thing I  could do was get the other person's attention.

 After sharing my strategy without any problems, I expose myself to King Damon.

 Then, the devil-type monster roared and hit [shot].


"Oops, this is it!"(Cleo)


 However, I hesitated to attack him.

 I moved around King Damon in a provocative manner. If I do so, the other party will be confused, or I will  be hit by a messy blow from Keane.

(Only read at valhallatls.blogpost.com)

 Avoiding that too, I glanced at Keane.

 Apparently, his magical chanting was just over.


"Cleo!"(Keane)

"Do it!"(Cleo)


 We talked to each other.

 Then, at the same time as this conversation ended , Keane swung his wand.


"Burn everything-- [Ancient Flame] !!"(Keane)


 It is the strongest magic of the flame system.

 A magic that evokes ancient flames and burns enemies to death.

 One  should be able to become  court mage-it was worthy of his boast. Keen is definitely the better mage.

 It may be a little less than Liliana though ...


"Fufufu, how was it  Cleo! My great magic!"(Keane)

"Yeah, it's amazing Keane!"(Cleo)

"Ha ha ha !!"(Keane)


 When I praised  him, he happily turned away and laughed.

 Seeing the appearance of such a good friend, something changed within me.

 A smile also came to me .


"Now, this is the end of the quest. After that, Cleo should follow my instructions."(Keane)


 And when Keane was  trying to say something-at that time.



 Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!



 I heard a big sound of the earth shaking .


"Now, What  on earth--"(Cleo)


 We look towards  the source of the sound.

 Then, what emerged from the darkness was ...



"Hey, now for real...!?"(Keane)


 Keane voice trembled .

 Because the monster that appeared, it was kind of daunting.



"Really ...!"(Cleo)



 It was the skeleton king.

 It was the worst kind of  enemy for a mage with complete resistance to magic.

TL Note

I am studying for my exams and I translated this in my extra time. Next chapter will come after 27. Wish me luck for the exams...I need it.

Next

Prev


Comments

  1. ..is that normal? For beginner adventurers to take on king-type monsters on their first mission? And that skeleton.. What sort of hunting ground did they find? ^^"

    Thank you for the chapter and the treat! (^_^)/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elf boasts, but he still needs to chant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts