The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 310: Defeat the Guardian

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"This guy...! Even after being hit by Sora's magic, he's unscathed. How tough is he?"

"Golems are A-rank and above... Depending on the time and situation, they can rival S-rank monsters. They excel in defense, so it's better to assume that ordinary attacks won't work. Though I didn't expect it to be this resilient..."

If our physical attacks and Sora's magic won't work, then...

But the result is this mess.

What should we do?

"Ooooh!!!"

The ground trembled as the golem charged.

It's like a heavyweight carriage used in wars.

It would mow down and crush everything in its path.

"Rifa, rely on Sora!"

"Yeah."

Sora, with low stamina, couldn't move swiftly, but my position is bad.

I jumped sideways to dodge the golem's charge.

Rifa also leaped with Sora in her arms, landing on top of the gate and avoiding the attack.

"Just like rats... running away!"

The golem roared mightily and smashed nearby rocks.

The rocks shattered into pieces, and countless fragments flew like arrows.

"Blood Shoot."

Rifa promptly turned her blood scythe into blood bullets to intercept the rock fragments.

However, it was difficult to shoot them all down, and numerous small wounds were inflicted.

"Nuun!!!"

Then the golem pulled out a tree and effortlessly lifted it, hurling it towards us.

"No way!?"

What brute strength.

Not only its defense but also its offense is remarkable.

"Fireball!"

"Aero Blast!"

Sora and I unleashed our magic almost simultaneously, intercepting the hurled tree.

The tree shattered, fragments scattered...

As if using them as cover, the golem launched another assault.

"Pass."

"Hiiieeh!?"

Rifa threw Sora towards me like handling a ball.

I hurriedly caught her.

Meanwhile, the golem caught Rifa, seemed about to crush her tiny body...

Just when I thought so, Rifa's body turned into countless bats and scattered around.

Bats gathered at a distance, and Rifa reformed.

"Rifa, are you okay!?"

"I'm fine but..."

Rifa ran with a troubled expression.

She generated another blood scythe and slashed at the golem.

I closed the distance and thrust Kamui squarely.

Futilely, the golem didn't even bother to defend itself.

Its armor, far surpassing iron, repelled both blades.

"Unless we penetrate that armor, we have no chance."

"Rein, what do we do?"

"Let's see..."

From the sensation of clashing blades, it seems the golem's armor is made of a special mineral.

It feels similar to glass.

"If that's the case, it's worth a try."

"Any plan?"

"I'll initiate it first. Then, Sora, unleash all your magic when I give the signal. Finally, Rifa will finish it."

"Is it safe?"

"It should work. Got it? The magic Sora will unleash..."

After specifying the magic to be used, I stepped forward.

"Is the strategy meeting over?"

"You're waiting so diligently; you must be pretty confident."

"I'll take on your full force. And then, I'll win. By doing so, I can prove my existence to the fullest."

It seems like he doesn't crave battle for its own sake but finds utmost value in fighting and demonstrating strength.

To possess such a mindset as a monster... I felt a bit disheartened facing him as an enemy....we could have been friends in any other situation but for today....

"Let's go everyone!"

"Do your best Human!"

As planned, I'll make the first charge.

The golem seems intent on standing its ground, not aiming for Sora and Rifa who remain behind, instead swinging its mighty arms towards me.

With an unpleasant sound, the golem's fist approaches.

If it hits head-on... I shake off the unpleasant thought, keep my composure, and lower my body to dodge.

I manage to avoid the second blow by rolling forward, then it's my turn.

"Fireball!"

At close range, a single strike.

The blaze engulfs the golem, but...

As if unaffected, the golem emerges unscathed from the flames.

"Fireball Multi-shot!"

"Oh? Clever, casting the same spell multiple times simultaneously. However, with that level of magic, you won't defeat me."

"Fireball Multi-shot!"

Repeatedly raining down a storm of flames.

Fireballs strike the golem repeatedly, enveloping its body in flames.

However, there's zero damage.

With an air of confidence, the golem stands calmly.

"Fireball Multi-shot!!!"

"Are you repeating the same action like a broken record? Perhaps acknowledging you as a worthy opponent was a mistake?"

Despite the golem's frustrated tone towards my repetitive actions, I continue to barrage it with fireballs.

Evading the golem's attacks, or defending with the abilities I gained from the contract with everyone...

I pounded it with Fireball almost ten times.

Still, no damage was dealt.

However, being bombarded with fireballs repeatedly, the golem's armor glows red with heat.

It should be good by now.

"Sora, now!"

"Yes, understood."

Upon receiving the signal, Sora swiftly chants a spell.

"Blizzard Storm!!!"

A blizzard rages.

Countless ice particles swirl like a tornado, assaulting the golem.

Enveloped by the storm of ice, the golem's armor rapidly freezes.

"Huh... w-what's this!?"

"Rifa, finish it!"

"Leave it to me."

Rifa bites her thumb, drawing blood.

The blood gathers on Rifa's right arm, transforming into a gigantic stake.

"Blood Bunker, here I go."

Rifa dashes forward all at once, slamming her fist into the golem's chest.

In synchrony with her movement, the blood stake thuds heavily and is shot forward at super speed.

Crack!!!

A sound like shattering dozens of glass panes echoes as the blood stake pierces the golem's chest.

A red tip protrudes from its back.

Rifa retrieves the blood stake and jumps back, putting distance between them.

"Guh, w-why... why am I losing...?"

It seems it's not completely deactivated yet, as the golem groans out.

"With your attacks... you should not have penetrated my armor... not to mention, my armor should have deflected the attacks of that oni..."

"Your pride in your armor backfired."

"W-what...?"

"It seems to have a property similar to glass. Fragile to sudden temperature changes. What was it again... thermal expansion? Glass has low thermal conductivity, so it's difficult to withstand rapid temperature changes... I remember reading something like that somewhere."

When I was young, I was mostly trained as a beast tamer, but occasionally, I was made to read books containing trivia like this.

I used to wonder what use it would be, but now, it's proven to be incredibly helpful.

Could it be that this was anticipated for a future like this?

If so, how much did my parents know about the hero's bloodline?

I'm starting to wonder now.

However, there's no way to verify it anymore.

"I see... I was overconfident in my own power..."

"That's natural. You're plenty strong. You were a formidable opponent."

"Is that so... though it's the words of an enemy, I'm glad to hear that..."

The light fades from the golem's eyes.

"Farewell... strong human..."

And then, the guardian falls completely silent.

An enemy, yet a magnificent one.

In acknowledgment of its strength, I offer a brief moment of silence.

TL Note- Press F for golem-kun....



Comments

Popular Posts