The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 284 Rain's plan

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


The next day.

Sora and Luna were out for a bit for some errands...

Gathering everyone else, I talked about what I'm thinking and struggling with.

As a result...

"Nya... Rain is an idiot."

"Yeah, really stupid."

"Such a fool."

"Um, um... muu."

Kanade, Tania, and Tina all gave me stern looks in unison.

The word "fool" seemed to carry a lot of emotion, or rather, it was quite painful.

Nina, while not calling me a fool, seemed to be somewhat angry, puffing her cheeks unusually.

"If being with Rain puts us in danger or... And considering it as our own responsibility..."

"Rain-sama is really, truly, foolish."

"Foolish, thank you very much for reminding me."

Everyone seemed quite amazed.

"I understand that Rain is kind and all, but, you know, um..."

"Kanade, in times like these, it's better to be clear. Rain thinks too much, and it's not good."

"Ugh."

"While it's nice that he cares about us... well, we're not children. We think for ourselves and make our own decisions."

"Yeah, being with Rain-sama might expose us to danger, but we've decided on that ourselves. We're prepared for that, and we don't intend to push the responsibility onto Rain-sama."

"Exactly, Tina is right. We are with Rain by our own will! Taking on unnecessary responsibilities is absurd. Really, Rain is not doing well today!"

"No... I'm truly sorry..."

I intended to share my worries and have a discussion, but it turned into a sermon midway.

Well, I'll accept criticism with resignation.

"Rain, Rain."

Nina lifted my drooping face.

When our eyes met, she smiled.

"I'm still... a child. But, you know... I want to be with Rain."

"...Nina..."

"Even if it's dangerous... still, being together... is good. That's because... I decided so. So... Rain doesn't need to worry."

"...Yeah, you're right. Thank you, Nina."

Until now, I had only been thinking about myself. I assumed there was responsibility, convinced myself, and felt like I had shouldered everything.

But that's not true.

I haven't confirmed everyone's intentions. I haven't respected them.

I was just self-centered...

I was on the verge of making a terrible mistake.

If I had continued to worry alone and made the choice to distance myself from everyone, the party would have truly collapsed.

"Well, Rain-sama seems to be reflecting, so let's leave it at that."

"Yeah, if we press too hard, it might become unpleasant."

"Alright, Rain? From now on, don't think such foolish things again!"

"Understood, I swear."

"Mm, good."

Following Nina, smiles returned to everyone's faces.

"Now, let's go back to persuading the moms. They should be awake by now, right?"

Yesterday, it seems Al-san and the others stayed up late...

They were still asleep when we tried to talk to them.

So, we discussed things about everyone first...

"We have to persuade them, but honestly, I have no idea what to do. My mom is childish, but she's quite stubborn about things she decides on herself."

"Ugh, my mom is the same. When it comes to things she's decided, she won't easily back down..."

"Al-san is quite troublesome too. She seems the most composed among the three, but she's also the most radical."

"But... we have to do our best."

Nina clenched her small fist, striking a determined pose.

"What Nina says is true. If we don't stop Al-san and the others here, it seems like it could escalate into a really difficult situation."

"Nya... Mom might actually attack the capital..."

"Others might too..."

"We haven't heard anything yet, but how is Rain-sama's plan progressing?"

"That's something Sora and Luna are handling, so until they return..."

"That's... troubling!"

Suddenly, the door burst open.

The Spirit Tribe leader, out of breath, stood at the entrance.

"Nya, what's the matter? Why are you in such a hurry?"

"Hey, lack-of-morals cat. Watch your language."

"Lack-of-morals cat!?"

Tania's merciless retort made Kanade's face look dumbfounded.

"What's wrong? Is there a problem?"

"Ah, Al-sama and the others... they've started talking about attacking the capital right now!"


――――――――――

In a hurry, I went to the entrance of the Spirit Tribe's village, where I saw Suzu-san, Al-san, and Milua-san. They were all dressed casually, and their appearance wasn't much different from usual.

However, the aura of fighting spirit they exuded was exceptional. So much so that I involuntarily felt intimidated; the three of them were brimming with determination.

"Wait a moment, moms! Where do you think you're going!?"

"Of course, to the capital!"

"Our conversation isn't over yet!"

"But Tania-chan, you keep saying complicated things and interfering with Mom! The discussion is going nowhere, and we won't agree with each other, right? So, let's end the conversation here. We'll act on our own."

Uh-oh. It seems  Al-san and the others have reached their limit. They abruptly ended the conversation and seemed to have started their own actions.

We need to somehow buy time until Sora and Luna return!

"Please wait! The conversation isn't..."

"It's over."

With a firm tone, Al interrupted my words without asking for permission. She seemed like a different person from last night.

What should I do now? How can I stop them? No solution came to mind, and I couldn't move on to the next action.

After so much planning, in the end  can I only see them off...

"Wait!"

A sharp voice interrupted, halting Al and the others in their tracks. The voice's owner was...

"Luna! And Sora too!"

"Fufun, it seems like perfect timing! I've been eagerly awaiting such an opportunity. Now, be amazed! For I, in this moment..."

"Be quiet."

"Gyah!?"

Sora's fist exploded, and Luna sank to the ground. An indescribable atmosphere lingered.

"The airheaded little sister who can't read the room was rude. Anyway... Rain, sorry to keep you waiting."

"Ah, I'm relieved... I've been waiting a lot."

"Sora is an excellent familiar who never disappoints the master. Fufu."

The daughters, who were invisible until now, appeared, and Al seemed somewhat surprised. However, she quickly concealed her emotions and directed a piercing gaze at Sora.

"Hmm. Sora, move aside. Do you intend to obstruct me too?"

"In a way, I guess I'll be an obstacle. Anyway... Mom, please listen to what they have to say."

Sora said that, and from the depths emerged...

"Hello. It's been a while, Rain-san."

It was Lady Sarya.

TL Note- Princess enters the chat.



Comments

Popular Posts