The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 234 Final exam begins!

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


I used up unnecessary stamina in the mock battle with Arios, but...

Afterward, I was able to rest for about 30 minutes.

My body is in good shape.

I wonder what Arios really wanted?

I'm curious, but for now, I should focus on the exam.

It seems that the preparations are complete, and the final exam is about to begin.

There are 8 teams remaining, totaling 30 people.

How many of them will be able to advance to A-rank?

I will definitely make it as one of the successful candidates!

"Well then, let's start the final exam now."

Cell stood in front of everyone and began his explanation.

"The final exam is to conquer this ruin. Inside the ruin, there are many traps set up, and in addition, monsters have been released. The condition for passing is to overcome these difficulties and reach the bottom floor."

"How many floors are there in total?"

After Cell's explanation, a question like that came up.

"I can't tell you that. This is based on an actual request. When you challenge an unexplored ruin, you don't know how many bottom floors there are, right? So, I can't tell you."

"How many candidates will pass?"

"Any number. Any party that reaches the bottom floor without giving up will pass."

"What is the rank of the monsters?"

"Mostly C-rank, but there are some B-rank ones mixed in. If the party works together and deals with them properly, they shouldn't be a problem."

Various questions were asked.

Cell paid close attention to each one, not missing a single question.

"Okay, a question!"

Kanade jumped up and down and raised her voice.

"We just need to reach the bottom floor, right?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Can we break through the floor and go down?"

"Huh?"

"Like this... Hyah, break the floor, and then go down. I think we can reach the bottom quickly that way, but is it not allowed?"

Cell seemed surprised by Kanade's question.

The other examiners chuckled and thought, "Is she serious?"

But Cell remained tense.

They had traveled together for a short time, but she knew Kanade well.

If Kanade put her mind to it, she could really do it.

Cell understood that Kanade had that much power.

"...No, you can't. I can't allow that."

"Aw, really?"

"This ruin used to be used as a fortress in the past, but it still deteriorates over time. If you were to break the floor, at worst, the ruin could collapse. So, it's not allowed."

"Just a little bit..."

"Absolutely not."

"Nya..."

Staring at Kanade fiercely, Cell made her cat ears droop, and Kanade backed down.

Please, don't come up with such reckless ideas.

And please, don't try to put them into practice.

Lately, Kanade had become more active, or rather, more reckless. Could it be because of Tania's influence? They seemed to get along well recently, but maybe Tania's recklessness had rubbed off on her.

"Hey, Rain, didn't you think something rude just now?"

"...I think it's just your imagination."

"Anyone else have any questions?"

Cell asked, but no one raised their hand.

Sufficient information had been provided, and now it was time to face the practical part.

"In that case, we will begin the final exam now."

With Cell's signal, the final exam began.

――――――――――

There are 8 parties, and they are entering the ruins one by one.

We are the last.

All the other seven parties have already entered...

And finally, our turn has come.

"Rain."

As we were about to enter the ruins, Cell called out to me.

"Good luck."

"Yeah, thanks."

I didn't expect Cell to give me encouragement.

It took me by surprise, but it also motivated me.

I'll definitely pass this.

With that determination in mind, we stepped into the ruins.

And as the door behind us closed...

"Whoa, it's pitch black."

In the darkness, I heard Kanade's surprised voice.

"It's not completely dark on my end."

"Huh? Tania, can you see in the dark?"

"No, I can't. It's just that Kanade's eyes are glowing, so it's not completely dark because of that."

"Nya?"

Looking in the direction of Kanade's voice...

"That's true. Kanade's eyes are definitely glowing."

"Wow, it's a bit scary..."

"But... beautiful."

"She's part of the Cat Spirit Tribe, so her eyes glow in the dark, right?"

"Meow!? Who touched my tail?! Who did it!?"

"That was Kanade's tail, wasn't it? Sorry, I couldn't tell in the darkness."

"Huh!? Who touched my butt?!"

"Hahaha, it was me! This is Tania's butt... Yes, it's quite big!"

"What... What are you saying in front of Rain!?"

Everyone, are you not forgetting that this is the final exam?

There's no sense of tension, just like it's a field trip.

"Well, it's better than being super nervous."

Thanks to everyone, I also felt the unnecessary tension leaving my shoulders.

I was nervous because it was the final exam, but there was no point in thinking too much.

If I'm with everyone, I think we can overcome anything...

Let's do our best to take the exam in perfect condition.

"Sora, Luna. Can you provide some light?"

"Yes, understood."

"Light! Here it is!"

Luna chanted a spell, and a floating orb of light appeared, dispelling the darkness around us.

"So this is the entrance to the ruins..."

It's surprisingly spacious.

Ancient furnishings were displayed in the center.

From there, corridors extended to the left and right.

"We have a fork in the road right from the start... Now, what do we do?"

"Leave it to me!"

Luna stepped forward confidently.

"Oh? Can you use your magic to find the correct path?"

"Hahaha, that's right. If you leave it to me, I can find the right path with ease with my magic.....probably"

"You slipped up there."

"Shut up!"

Sora's calm retort made Luna slightly embarrassed, and she picked up a wooden branch that had rolled around.

She stood the branch upright with a solemn expression.

Closing her eyes as if to gather her concentration...

"Hyah, there you go!"

Luna released her hand, and the branch fell over.

"I see. According to my magic, the correct route is this way!"

"Is that really magic? You just knocked over a branch! That's not magic, it's just intuition!"

Tina's earnest criticism burst out.

"Well, well. We don't have any other clues, so let's follow Luna's lead for now."

"Umm, are you sure about this? I have a really bad feeling, Sora..."

"There's nothing to fear! Everyone, follow me!"

"Okay...!"

Luna took the lead, with Nina following behind.

We couldn't just leave them alone, so we followed suit.

We walked down the right corridor, proceeding carefully.

We've heard that monsters have been released, but so far, we haven't encountered any.

"By the way, in a situtaion like this isn't there something like a cliché that would happen"

Suddenly, Tania brought up something I didn't quite understand.

Kanade tilted her head in confusion.

"Nya? What's that?"

"Look, this is a ruin, right? So, it wouldn't be surprising if traps were set up here and there."

"Oh yeah, you're right."

"In situations like this, the pattern usually goes like this: a trap is triggered, a giant boulder starts chasing you, and you end up falling into a pit."

"No way, Tania... That's like a flag."

"A flag... you mean, like it would actually happen just because I mentioned it? I brought it up, but there's no way something like that could really happen. There's no one in our group dumb enough to fall for a trap."

Tania said with a triumphant look on her face.

As she puffed out her chest, her tail accidentally swayed and pushed a suspicious protrusion on the wall with a click.

"oops"

Whose voice was it that let out that 'oops' sound?

Then, there was a loud noise and vibration...

"Wa-wa-wa-wa-wait?! Oh, it's a giant boulder?!"

"Tania, you idiot!!!?"

"Wait, this is my fault!?"

A massive boulder rolled towards us from behind, and we rushed to get away.

But wait a minute?

If this is a cliché...

"oops!?"

Once again, someone's voice echoed.

The floor opened up with a loud crack.

It was a perfectly designed pitfall...

"Nyaahhhh, Tania, you idiot!!!?"

Kanade's scream echoed as we were sucked into the darkness.


TL Note- The adventure begins.


Comments

Popular Posts