The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 227 Sightseeing and Rumors


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


I had some time before the exam started, so we decided to go sightseeing in the capital city.

Compared to Horizon, there was a world of difference in the capital city. The scale of the city was on a completely different level, and the liveliness and grandeur were unmatched.

Horizon is a good city, but it pales in comparison to the capital city. It truly lives up to its reputation as the center of the continent.

"Wow, Rain! This city is amazing. It's the first time I've seen such a large city."

"Hey, Kanade, can you not get too excited? They might think we're just a bunch of country bumpkins."

"Are we not country bumpkins, though?"

"Well, we do live in the small town of Horizon, so compared to the capital city, we might as well be."

"Hey now."

Sora and Luna were saying things that might anger the people of Horizon. I gently scolded them.

"Horizon also... has many good points..."

"That's right. It's full of good people, the food is delicious, and there's also Uncle Gantz who made my body."

Nina and Tina were defending Horizon.

Upon hearing their words, Kanade tried to explain.


"I'm not trying to speak ill of Horizon. I like it there too. I just wanted to say that this place is really something."

"It's like each place has its own pros and cons, isn't it? They both have their good points."

"Exactly! That's what I wanted to say!"

Well... if I had to choose, I think I prefer Horizon. The grandeur of the capital city is impressive, but it doesn't quite suit me. I like the calm atmosphere of Horizon.

"Hey, Rain, where do you want to go?"

"I'd like to visit the art museum."

"Art museum? Tania in an art museum... Hahaha, you must be joking."

"Are you trying to pick a fight...?"

"What?"

A chase began. Both of them were full of energy.

"Oh!"

Suddenly, Luna, walking beside me, looked in a certain direction, sniffing the air.

"This wonderful scent... Rain, it's this way!"

"Hey!"

Luna tugged at my hand, and everyone followed.

We arrived at a food stall. They were using a hot griddle to make hot sandwiches.

"Oh, the aroma is fantastic. Rain, what kind of place is this?"

"It looks like they're selling hot sandwiches."

"Hot sandwiches?"

"Don't you know what they are? I'm surprised."

I thought Luna, who was good at cooking, would know about hot sandwiches.

"I'm good at cooking, but I'm not familiar with human cuisine. Until now... well, even now, I'm not in contact with them."

"I see. In simple terms, it's a sandwich that's been toasted. They put things like ham and cheese inside, and it's delicious because it's hot and melty."

"Slurp..."

Everyone seemed to be drooling.

"Since we're here, want to try some?"

With a wry smile, I asked, and everyone immediately nodded.

We ordered seven servings of hot sandwiches. They were simple, with just cheese and ham. It might seem like it's not enough, but it seemed they used multiple types of cheese and ham, so there was plenty.

"Here you go. Be careful, it's hot."

I handed out the hot sandwiches to everyone.

"Let's dig in!"

First, Luna took a big bite, and then everyone started eating.

By the way, Tina could now eat while possessing a doll. Gantz had added a dining function for her. He had some incredible technology.

"Oh, this is amazing! The cheese is gooey, and the ham is juicy... Heating it up makes the two ingredients meld with the bread, creating a perfect harmony in your mouth!"

"Where did you learn those words? Munch, munch."

Ignoring Sora's comment, Luna continued to eat her hot sandwich. Everyone else was eating with smiles on their faces.

"...This is really nice."

We spent time like this, relaxing together. It was a peaceful and gentle moment, and it was soothing for the heart.

Some small worries seemed to disappear. Well, that's a lie. If worries could disappear so easily, life would be a breeze.

"Hero..."

"Huh? What's wrong, Rain? You're not eating?"

"I was just lost in thought for a moment."

"If you don't want it, I can..."

"I'll eat it properly. Besides, if you eat too much now, you won't be able to eat dinner later. So, it's a no."

"Nyau..."

Kanade's ears drooped.

"Big brother, big brother. Our hot sandwiches are so amazing that you can eat as much as you want, and you won't get full!"

The stall owner said this, not wanting to miss a sales opportunity.

"Plus, she said she wants more. In that case, isn't it a boyfriend's duty to grant her wish?"

"What? Boyfriend? Wait, I'm not..."

"Nyan!? Wh-What are you saying? I'm not...Meow!"

"Hum"

Kanade blushed, and for some reason, Tania pouted. I understand why Kanade would be embarrassed, but why is Tania angry?

"Mister... could we have seconds, please?"

"Us too. Actually, we'll have seconds for everyone."

Nina also seemed to like the hot sandwiches and ordered more.

"Hey, don't just add..."

"Aw... Is it okay for just one more?"

Nina stared at me with a slightly timid expression, tilting her head.

With her looking at me like that, there was no way I could refuse.

"Fine... but only two more, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks... Rain!"

Everyone eagerly dug into their seconds.

Concerns about not being able to eat dinner later seemed irrelevant for now.

More importantly, Rain wanted to ensure that everyone could continue to wear smiles.

"Big brother, you've got a different look on your face. Are you a traveler?"

The food stall owner struck up a conversation.

"More like an adventurer."

"When you say adventurer... could it be you're here to take the exam?"

"You guessed right."

"There's hardly any reason for adventurers to come to the capital city unless it's for a request. Still, taking the exam, huh? Yeah, you've got a good demeanor. I'll be rooting for you."

"Thanks. If it's alright, I'd like to hear more about the exam..."

"Sure thing. Though, there's not much I can tell you."

Rain prodded the stall owner for information about the exam.

As the stall owner had mentioned before, he didn't have a great deal of information to share.

Most of what he said was consistent with what Rain had heard from the guild beforehand.

"Oh, by the way..."

The stall owner seemed to recall something and continued speaking.

"It seems that this time's exam is going to be overseen by the Hero."

"…Arios?"

Rain frowned at this unexpected news.

"What does that mean? Why would Arios... the Hero be involved in the adventurer's exam?"

"I don't really know. From what I've heard, it seems like the Hero volunteered for it. Something about wanting to contribute to the development of adventurers who can be a force for the country."

"I see... thanks. That was an interesting piece of information."

"No problem. Come by again sometime."

Rain thanked the stall owner and ended the conversation.

A short distance away from the stall, Kanade spoke up in a hushed voice.

"Nya... is that Hero up to something again?"

"Who knows? I've heard talk about how he was squeezed by the king because of the Iris incident..."

While this wasn't information that was generally public, Natalie had told Rain, "You're special, you know?"

"But still, I can't imagine that the Hero would become sincere over something like that."

"I agree. That guy's core is rotten and twisted, it's like he's gone through a cycle and turned into a puzzle. It would be easier to teach a slime tricks than to reform him."

"Classic Tania."

"It's the truth."

"That aside... we should probably be careful on the day of the exam."

When Arios is involved, something might happen again.

With that unease spreading, the cheerful mood clouded over.

TL Note- Well said Tania ,well said. 


Comments

Popular Posts