The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 223 Bloodline

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


"...Huh?"

Unable to understand what was said, I unintentionally ask in return.

Without appearing concerned about such rudeness, the king continues to speak.

"Do you know that someone who carries the blood of the gods becomes the hero?"

"Yes..."

"The hero is the trump card against the Demon King. We cannot afford to lose them. Therefore, many branches were created, and their blood was divided. Were you aware of this?"

"N-No... It's the first I've heard of it."

"I thought so. If it became known that there are multiple individuals with the blood of the gods... people with ill intentions might arise. For instance, someone might claim to be the true hero. To avoid such confusion, this matter has been strictly managed. The knowledge of multiple individuals with the blood of the gods is limited to the heads of the branches."

"Why are you telling me this?"

There was a certain premonition.

I already understood what the king wanted to convey.

Still, I asked, daringly.

"There were branches even within the Beast Tamer village. Their name... Shroud. It's your family."

"What!?"

Listening this far, I had some expectations, but...

Being actually told this was shocking.

I carry the blood of the gods...?

No one ever told me that.

Not my late parents, nor the villagers, no one...

"Is that really true? Could it be a mistake..."

"I doubted it at first. It seemed too convenient that a survivor of a long-extinct branch would exist. However... as I investigated about you, my doubts turned into convictions."

"..."


"Going beyond the boundaries of a mere Beast Tamer, you can control multiple supreme species. Not just supreme species, but also ghosts, insects, and more. You exposed the corruption of the Lord of the Horizon, and you defeated the rampaging demon in the southern continent."

"...You've been looking into me quite thoroughly."

"My apologies. I didn't know if your intention was simply to ingratiate yourself into the royal family... And also, I had some recollections about the name Shroud... So I conducted thorough research."

"In such a short time, you've managed to find out a lot..."

"The royal castle has exceptional talents."

The king wore a defiant smile.

"Through investigating you, I became certain. You are a survivor of a branch, carrying the blood of the gods."

"That's..."


Even if I'm told something like that all of a sudden, I can't feel it as a reality.

That's natural.

Even if I'm suddenly told I'm qualified as a hero, I've never thought about that.

But... there was something I could accept.

At first, I thought it was normal...

But, as everyone says, my power as a Beast Tamer goes far beyond the ordinary.

Not only that, my growth rate is extraordinary.

If the reason is that I carry the blood of the gods, I can accept it.

It explains various things.

"You, too, are a hero."

"Me... a hero..."

As expected, it's still hard to grasp.

"...What are you expecting from me, King?"

"For now, nothing."

The king looked up at the night sky.

What does his eyes reflect?

Only he knows that.

"Arios was chosen as a hero because he has the purest bloodline. The purer the blood, the stronger the power that can be gained. With that in mind, I made Arios a hero. However... putting aside his power, there are doubts about whether his heart is suitable for being a hero."

Well, that's understandable.

I can't come up with any words to defend him.

"If anything happens in the future... if there's something that would greatly disrupt the situation... at that time, I might seek another hero."

"And that would be me?"

"I'm considering you as one of the candidates. To be frank, you're a backup."

"You're quite straightforward..."

"There's no use beating around the bush. Besides, I felt it would be better to confront you directly without any deception. I thought it would be best to add you to the list of possible replacements for the Shroud name you bear."

Your ability to judge people seems quite accurate.

"When the time comes, I want to borrow your power. How about it? Will you lend your strength?"

"...You're making quite the assumption."

Even though my opponent is the king, words like that slip out.

Raising Arios as a hero...

And then, when that fails, immediately relying on someone else.

It's only natural to call that selfish.

"For the sake of protecting this country, I'll do anything. That's what being a king means."

"..."

"Well, even though I asked you myself, you don't need to give an immediate answer. For now, I intend to rely on Arios for a while. I haven't seriously considered other options yet."

Which means you've thought about it to some extent.

"Just keep it in the back of your mind. Just occasionally remember and contemplate. And if possible... prepare yourself for the time when it's necessary."

"...I can't guarantee whether I'll live up to your expectations."

"You're a 'good' person. I believe you won't abandon the people."

――――――――――

The banquet continued late into the night...

When everyone had become thoroughly intoxicated, the banquet came to an end.

Kanade, Tania, Sora, and Luna, having indulged in drinking, their faces flushed, went straight to bed and began to snore.

Nina, being still a child, hadn't consumed any alcohol, but having eaten a lot, she seemed sleepy and promptly fell asleep as well.

Tina, while unable to eat the food, seemed to have gotten caught up in the atmosphere and also went to sleep.

"Sigh..."

After putting everyone to bed, I left the room.

Of course, the rooms were separate for men and women.

I was assigned to the adjacent room.

"..."

However, I couldn't bring myself to sleep immediately, so I went down to the courtyard.

The courtyard was incredibly spacious.

There were many greens and blooming flowers, and a small stream had been created.

Insects' chirping could be heard from all around, creating a natural symphony.

"Is something the matter?"

When I turned around, there was Lady Sariya.

She wasn't in her dress from the banquet, but rather wearing pajamas.

Is it alright to see the princess in her pajamas?

I hesitated, but because Lady Sariya was composed, I decided that it probably wasn't a problem.

"Just getting a bit of night breeze."

"Can't you sleep?"

"Well... there are many things to think about."

"Does this have something to do with what Father said?"

"You're quite perceptive. Can you perhaps read people's hearts as well?"

"Hehe, who knows?"

Lady Sariya smiled mischievously.

She seems unexpectedly playful.

"Did Father say something to you? Did he ask you to do something that would trouble Rain-san?"

"Well... something along those lines."

I had been told not to reveal anything about my bloodline, so I ambiguously glossed over it.

"I see... I apologize, it seems Father asked for something unreasonable."

"Oh, no. It's not really something Lady Sariya needs to worry about..."

"Father's issues are my issues as well. If there's anything I can do, please tell me."

"Lady Sariya..."

"Of course, even if it's not related to Father, if you encounter any difficulties, please let me know. If there's something I can do, I will help. After all, I haven't repaid you yet."

"Thank you. If something happens, I'll rely on you."

"Yes, please do."

The matter of the blood running within me...

And the promise made with Lady Sariya...

Since coming to this capital, many things have happened.

Perhaps, this might be a turning point in my life.

What am I going to do from here on?

As I looked up at the night sky, I pondered, but the answer remained elusive.

TL Note- What will he do indeed, Give your answers in the comments. 


Comments

Popular Posts