The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 211: Date with Kanade


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


When I looked up at the sky, white clouds were drifting through the blue sky. Through a gap in the clouds, the sun peeked out, spreading warm rays of sunshine.

"Today's weather is lovely, isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah, it is!"

"On a day like this, I'd love to take a leisurely walk."

"Y-Yeah, me too!"

"But, going on an adventure wouldn't be bad either. I feel like I can give it my all more than usual."

"Y-Yeah, me too!"

Walking beside me, Kanade kept repeating the same words. Her tail was stretched straight, and for some reason, she seemed nervous.

"Kanade?"

"Meow, meow, what's up!?"

"You seem tense about something. What's wrong?"

"N-No! Not at all! I'm not nervous in the slightest!"

She denied it with all her might, but it was clear something was off...

Well, it doesn't seem like she's unwell or anything, so I'll leave it be. Kanade is a girl at that age, and there might be a thing or two she can't talk about with me, being a guy.

"By the way, what are we going to buy today?"

She asked me to accompany her for shopping, but she didn't tell me the destination.

"Uhm, well... It's not really shopping, but... there's a store I want to go to with Rain!"

"With me?"

"M-Meow... I said it... I said I wanted to go with you... I feel so bold saying that..."

Kanade blushed and squirmed.

"Hmm, you ask what's the shop? Umm a place where you can eat delicious and sweet cakes?"

"Huh? Is there such a place?"

"Meow, it seems like it recently opened. This town is developing quite a bit."

Not long ago, a proper lord was finally appointed to Horizon. The new lord was quite different from the previous one; he was like a virtuous saint. Moreover, he had exceptional skills in managing the territory. Though it's only been a short while since his appointment, Horizon has turned into a lively city.

"It's a new place, so I thought it might be lonely if I went alone... Uhm, uhm... I thought, maybe I could go with you, Rain..."

"If that's the case, wouldn't it have been better to invite everyone?"

"Meow!? Uhm, well... First, we need to scout the place! What if it turns out to be a not-so-delicious shop? It could be troublesome, you know!"

"Alright then, let's go!"

――――――――――

After falling for Rain for a while...

I think it's time to take our relationship to the next level.

I don't mean to call us lovers, but I'd like to get a bit closer.

So, I decided we should go on a date.

To keep things fair, we're taking turns going on dates with Rain.

I'm the first one up.

We all discussed it and made various arrangements.

Uhh, I'm so nervous!

The day before the date, I was all determined to take our relationship further and everything...

But when I actually saw Rain's face, I just... got so embarrassed and flustered that I couldn't find the right words.

I hope I'm not making weird faces.

I hope he doesn't think I'm not cute or anything...

I'm really worried.

So worried that my usually proud tail is all droopy.

"Kanade?"

"Meow!?"

I suddenly noticed Rain sitting across from me, looking concerned.

I must have been lost in thought and worried him.

"N-No, it's not that, really!"

"That doesn't look convincing at all... Hmm."

"I-I'm really fine! Uh, well... Yes! I'm just excited about the cake, so I can't calm down!"

"Well, if that's the case... but if you're feeling unwell, make sure to tell me, okay?"

Meow ♪

He's worried about me.

As expected, Rain is so kind and cool.

My tail starts wagging on its own.

"We've kept you waiting."

The waiter comes over and places the cake and drinks in front of Rain and me.

"Wow~ ♪"

The cake is generously covered with fresh cream.

Between the layers of sponge cake, there are plenty of seasonal fruits sandwiched in.

And powdered sugar sprinkled on top, making it look like it's covered in snow.

"Meow meow~ ♪ It looks so delicious~"

"No doubt. Shall we dig in?"

"Yeah! Bon appétit~♪"

Cutting the cake with the fork, I took a bite.

"Mmm~ Delicious♪"

"This is great! The sweetness isn't overwhelming, and the fruits have a nice presence... Yeah, it's tasty. Even as a guy, I can easily enjoy it."

"Hehe, I'm glad Rain likes it."

I wanted Rain to enjoy it too, after all.

"Oh!"

As I was about to take another bite, I accidentally dropped the fork. I thought of asking the waiter for a replacement, but unfortunately, they seemed busy and I couldn't see them anywhere.

"Meow, what should I do? I want to eat it right away..."

"If you want, shall I feed it to you?"

"Huh!?"

Th-th-th-that's... like saying "aah" to each other, right!?

"But I guess you wouldn't want to use a fork I've already eaten from."

"N-No! That's not true at all! Why would I mind that!!!?"

"I-Is that so?"

Seeing my eagerness, Rain seemed taken aback. I might have been too eager and gluttonous unexpectedly. I'll reflect on that.

But but, that's just what a girl in love does, right?

"Okay, then open your mouth."

"A... Aah."

I nervously opened my mouth.

I'm so excited.

Is this how a baby bird feels?

Thinking such irrelevant thoughts.

"Here you go."

"Nom."

Rain fed me the cake.

It's sweet... but more than that, it's heartwarming.

I'm so, so happy ♪

"Meow hehehe... I got an 'aah' from Rain ♪ Like 'aah'."

"What's wrong, Kanade? You're making a strange face..."

"N-No, it's nothing!"

I was just basking in the happiness of having someone you like feed you. How rude of him to call it a strange face.

"Hey, Rain. Can I have one more bite?"

"Yeah, sure. Here you go."

"Aah... Nom ♪"

Being fed by Rain makes me so happy...

I got to eat a lot of cake, but in the end, I couldn't really taste it.

I was just too nervous...

But it was such a delightful time.

TL Note- Love is in the air.....it might rain 🌧 



Comments

Popular Posts