The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 194 Resuming Activities

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


...About a month has passed since the incident with Iris.

It was an unprecedented scale of the event, so there were various post-processing tasks that expanded...

The fatigue that came with it also increased.

So, I decided to take a break for a while and recharge my energy.

And now, after a month has passed...

I have decided to resume my activities as an adventurer.

"Hello."

"Oh, Mr. Shroud, and Tania too. Welcome."

When I visited the Adventurers' Guild, Natalie greeted me with a smile.

Seeing this smile feels like it's been a while.

The incident with Iris took up a lot of time...

And afterwards, I was busy with post-processing and such.

"Hehe, rejoice. From today onwards, we have decided to resume our activities."

Tania proudly declared.

Natalie responded with a smile to Tania's words.

"Well, is that so? To be honest, that's a relief... Without you, Mr. Shroud, it's quite difficult to solve requests..."

"That's not true, is it? There are plenty of adventurers besides us."

"That may be true, but... when it comes to adventurers with the kind of power that Mr. Shroud and the others possess, they are limited."

"That's not the case."

"It is. Seriously... You all have become one of the representative adventurer parties in this town, you know?"

I was surprised.

When did it become like that?

Hearing it said like that, it's a bit embarrassing.

But...

I feel proud thinking that we were able to come this far by steadily building it together with everyone.

"Do you have any requests, I wonder? Something flashy and grand that suits our comeback."

"Now, now. Don't decide things on your own."

"Ouch!?"

I tapped Tania's head.

"Ugh... What are you doing, Rain?"

"Don't go accepting flashy requests out of the blue."

"But, but, I haven't been moving my body much lately... I want to feel refreshed after a long time, you know?"

"I can understand that, but..."

However, if we suddenly start moving our body, it might startle it and cause an accident.

First, we need to warm up.

"Alright, so do you have any requests? If possible, something that isn't too burdensome, a lighter one."

"Well... let's see..."

Natalie took a file from the shelf and flipped through the pages.

"In that case, how about subjugating a pack of Hunter Wolves?"

"Hunter Wolves?"

"It's a request from a farmer. It seems that they've been acting as a pack recently, causing damage to livestock and such. Protecting the livestock and eliminating the pack, these are the two conditions for completing the request. It seems like a suitable case for you, Mr. Shroud."

"Hmm... it may not be very glamorous, but well, it can't be helped. I don't mind."

I glanced at Tania and said that.

Afterward, I organized my thoughts.

Hunter Wolves pose no threat to us.

Considering the protection of livestock, we'll need to split the party into two, but I don't think it will be a problem for us.

"Alright, then let's take on that request."

"Yes, understood. I will handle the necessary procedures."

And so, after a long time, we took on a request.

――――――――――

"The damage caused by the Hunter Wolves is increasing day by day. It's a serious problem for the farmers, as their livestock is being attacked. So, we decided to start the request on the same day."

"Kanade, Sora, and Luna will protect the livestock, and the remaining members will take care of subduing the Hunter Wolves."

Tania, Nina, and Tina joined me, forming a party of four as we walked through the forest away from the town.

According to the client, the Hunter Wolves have made the forest their habitat.

"Hehe, I can't help but get excited when I think about going all out after such a long time."

"Just keep it within reasonable limits, alright? No setting the forest on fire or anything like that."

"Rain, do you think I'm capable of doing something like that?"

Tania gave me a piercing look.

But you know, Tania's statements can be dangerous at times. I remember when we first met, she casually mentioned burning down the entire forest along with our enemies.

Well, I don't think she's quite the same as back then, but I still have some concerns about going overboard.

"Ah, it feels great to have my body freely moving even during daylight. It's a refreshing feeling," Tina, who had transformed into her human form, sang a cheerful tune atop Nina's head.

She seems so happy.

By the way, whether it's a kettle or a doll, it seems that atop Nina's head is its designated spot. I wonder if there's some kind of attachment to it. Maybe it's comfortable for Tina to be on Nina's head?

"Bullying cows and goats... is... bad. I... will... do my best... right?" Nina was filled with determination. Her reason for giving her best is heartwarming.

However, Nina doesn't have much combat ability, so I hope she doesn't push herself too hard. But wait, am I being overprotective? If Nina hears that, she might pout and say, "I can fight too!"

"Hey, Rain," Tania suddenly spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"Don't you worry about me?"

"...Why would you think I'm worried about you?"

"Hehe. Rain, you're so transparent. Anyone can tell just by looking at your face."

I'm in trouble. It seems like I won't be able to entertain any strange thoughts in front of Tania from now on.

"Well, I guess that's one of Rain's good points. Just stay the way you are."

"Am I being praised or teased?"

"Oh, how disappointing. I'm genuinely praising you."

"It doesn't feel that way, and that's what troubles me."

...Well then.

"Well, let's stop the chitchatting here..."

"Yes, you're right. Let's focus on our work now."

Tania and I got ready, and Nina and Tina followed suit.


Before long, a tense and hostile atmosphere descended upon us.

Emerging from between the trees, one by one, the Hunter Wolves appeared. They bared their ferocious fangs and growled menacingly.

"There seem to be about fifty of them in total."

"Heh, that's a piece of cake. If they want to take me on, they'll need to be a hundred times more."

"No, that's just reckless."

"I can handle it."

Where does that confidence come from? It's both scary and reliable, as you can't dismiss it as mere bluff.

"Alright then, let's do this!"

With a loud voice, Tania shouted, and we all charged forward simultaneously.

――――――――――


"Ha!"

Kamui flashed vertically.

The body of the Hunter Wolf was severed, rolling on the ground.

Perhaps due to maintenance by Gantz, its cutting power was exceptional.

"Hn!"

Looking nearby, Nina teleported above the Hunter Wolf and delivered a kick from directly above.

Then Tina used telekinesis to crush it, displaying a splendid coordination.

And...

"This should be the end!"

Our ace, Tania, swung her tail like a whip, mowing down three Hunter Wolves at once.

The Hunter Wolves, struck by a fierce blow, couldn't stand up and transformed into magic stones.

"Well, is that all?"

"Stay alert. There might still be survivors."

"Really? But I don't sense any... Wait, hold on. What's this?"

Tania searched for the presence around her, her face tensing.

What's wrong?

What on earth...?

Just as we were about to ask, at that moment...

"Kishaaaahhhh!!!"

A sharp, piercing roar resounded through the air.

Rushing toward the direction of the voice, what we saw there...

"A dragon!?"


TL Note- Enter the dragon......2nd.




Comments

Popular Posts