The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 193: New Body

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Hello"

"Oh, isn't it Rain?"


When I entered the shop, Gantz, who was reading a book, looked at me and gave me a friendly smile.

It had been a while since I visited Gantz's shop...

There were various changes compared to before.

Firstly, the assortment of items in the shop had changed.

Previously, there were weapons that were only about appearances, but now only those clearly meant for practical use were displayed.

Moreover, Gantz's atmosphere seemed to have softened, somehow.

It was easier to approach him than before.

Perhaps various changes had occurred due to the incidents in the past.

"What's the matter today? Do you need something again?"

"No, I want to ask for the maintenance of Narukami and Kamui. Now that I think about it, I haven't had them maintained even once... They have been quite heavily used, so I wanted to have them checked here."

"I see. Can you show them to me for a moment?"

I handed Narukami and Kamui to Gantz.

"Hmm, I see... this is..."

Gantz made a bitter face.

"Well... is there a problem?"

"It's a big one. I made them so they wouldn't break easily... but both of them are severely worn out. How on earth were they used to end up like this?"

"Well..."

I didn't remember treating them so roughly.

However, I fought against demons, Suzu-san, Iris...

...I realized that I had indeed treated them quite roughly.

"It will take about a week. Is that fine?"

"Yeah, that's okay. I'm counting on you."

"Leave it to me. I'll give them a thorough maintenance, just like new. By the way..."

Gantz's gaze shifted to my side.

More precisely, it was directed at the kettle I was holding.

"What's that kettle?"

"Oh, this..."

As I was about to explain, smoke billowed out, and at the same time, Tina appeared.

"This is my home."

"What... a-are you a ghost?"

"Nice to meet ya, old man. I'm Tina Holy. I've been taken care of by Rain-sama. Nice to meet ya."

"...So, you can command not only the strongest species but also ghosts now?"

"Well, various things happened."

I responded with a wry smile to Gantz's exasperated gaze.

I briefly explained how I met Tina, formed a contract, and then got to the main point.

"But here's the thing... Do you have anything that could give Tina a physical form?"

"Hmm? A body for the ghost girl?"

"Tina is a ghost, so she can't go outside during the day. To go outside, she has to possess objects like this. Until now, she possessed the kettle, but... it doesn't seem right for her to stay as a kettle forever, right?"

"I see. Well, that's a reasonable request."

"So, is there anything you have in mind?"

"Hmm... well, I'm a weaponsmith, so things other than weapons..."

"But I trust your skills, Gantz."

"Really... If you put it that way, I can't refuse, can I?"

Gantz rubbed his chin as if pondering, for a while.

After a moment, he spoke up.

"Hmm, I see... Could you come back in a week? I'll try to figure something out by then."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

"No problem. For the Hero of Horizon, I'll gladly do something like this."

"Please stop calling me a hero..."

I made a bitter face in response to Gantz's deliberately chosen words.

Tina watched us with amusement.

――――――――――

...And a week later.

"Hello"

"Sorry for disturbing!"

Together with Tina, I visited Gantz's shop once again.

There was no sign of Gantz inside the shop. However, he seemed to notice us immediately and appeared from the back.

"Oh, Rain and company. Perfect timing."

Once he recognized our presence, Gantz took out Narukami and Kamui.

"First, here are these for you. I've returned them fully maintained, just like new."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

"No problem. If anything comes up, bring them to me right away. I'm delighted as a craftsman to see my created weapons being used so extensively."

Gantz had a pleasant smile on his face. His artisan spirit seemed to be invigorated.

"And this is for the ghost girl."

Continuing on, Gantz took out something particular.

"A doll...?"

It was something resembling a small doll.

Its size was perhaps larger than the palm of a hand.

It was intricately crafted, distinct from the kind of toys children play with.

Moreover, this doll... I felt like I had seen it somewhere before.

"Hmm? Could this be... me?"

"Ah!"

Tina exclaimed, realizing something.

As Tina said, the doll resembled her.

Wearing a maid outfit and having an identical face... it was a miniature-sized Tina.

"I thought of using this as a new body for the ghost girl... How about it?"

"Oh, is this going to be my new body?"

"It's the latest combat doll that I poured all my skills into. It not only looks good but also has various gimmicks. You can even use it for fighting."

"Ohh!"

Tina's eyes sparkled with excitement.

She seems to really like that kind of thing...


"Creating something like this for me... I'm sorry if it was troublesome."

"Nah, it's not a problem. Making things like this once in a while isn't so bad. Besides, it ignites my passion as a craftsman."

"Hahaha."

Indeed, it's a typical opinion coming from Gantz.

"Hey, hey, want to try transferring into this body right away?"

"Yes, since it was made for you. Please, give it a try."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

Tina's form wavers...

Turning into mist, she is absorbed into the doll.

And then...

"Oh? Oh? Ohhh!"

The doll placed on the table stands up straight.

It moves its limbs to confirm the sensation in its body...

Jumping in place, throwing punches, and even speaking... Tina joyfully frolics around.

"This is amazing! It's not much different from usual, and I can move my limbs as I want... Ah, this is incredible! It's really amazing!"

Tina keeps repeating "amazing."

She must be really pleased with it.

Watching Tina, I can't help but feel a bit remorseful.

Even though there was no other choice, I've had her possess a kettle until now...

Couldn't there have been something a bit more decent?

I'm reflecting on it, though a bit late.

"Thank you so much, sir!"

"It's nothing, really. Rain is a valued customer."

"Does that mean it's quite expensive...?"

"Well, how about this price?"

"Could you make it a bit lower?"

"Oh, come on. It's for the young lady, you know? What's the point of being stingy in that case?"

"Sigh... If you put it that way, I guess I can't help it. Fine, that's okay."

The amount Gantz suggested wasn't cheap, but...

If it's for Tina's sake, I couldn't argue.

Well, it's Gantz we're talking about.

He doesn't rip people off, and if anything, he probably gave me a good deal.

Besides, he made this wonderful body for Tina.

There's nothing else to do but express my gratitude.

"Wow, wow. This body is really great. Hey, Rain-sama, what do you think of me?"

"Well, even if you ask me how...?"

"It's no good, huh? You have to say I'm cute."

I do want to say that, but to a doll-like Tina, calling her cute feels a bit awkward in terms of the imagery...

"Hey, Rain-sama."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for doing all this for me♪"

I found solace in Tina's smile.

TL Note- Glad for Tina


Comments

Popular Posts