The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 197 Where is the real culprit?


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


Leaving the headquarters of the knight order... I contacted everyone and met up at the town square.

Afterward, we discussed the matter concerning Tania.

"Nyao... I can't forgive the imposter pretending to be Tania! Committing wrongdoing and framing Tania for it... Unforgivable!"

"Whether it was intentional or not is unclear, but I agree that it's unacceptable."

"We'll catch the real culprit and give them a good beating!"

"Mm... For Tania's sake, I'll do my best."

"We won't let them get away with turning us into enemies. We'll show them!"

Everyone was furious as if it were their own personal matter.

They're reliable.

At the same time, I became slightly worried if they might go overboard.

"Alright, everyone, let's go!"

Kanade raised her fist and started moving forward as if it were a departure signal.

I hurriedly placed my hand on her shoulder and stopped her.

"Stop. Where exactly are you planning to go?"

"We'll wander around near the town and punch dragons if we find any!"

They're charging in recklessly.

"It's pointless to walk around aimlessly without a purpose, isn't it? By doing that, we'll only waste time."

"Nya... When you put it that way, it seems like it."

"Well then, what should we do?"

Tina tilted her head while asking.

Her body transformed from a kettle to a doll, allowing her to make such delicate gestures.

"Let's go talk to the victims and witnesses of the incidents. We might gather some information."

I asked Stella to create a list of victims and witnesses.

Since it hasn't become a major incident yet, there are only about ten people in total.

But if we compile the information from those ten, we should have something substantial.

"We don't want to spend too much time, so let's split into three groups and gather information."

"Yes, yes! I want to be with Rain!"

Kanade eagerly raised her hand first.

Seeing Kanade like that, Sora and Luna wore puzzled expressions.

"You volunteered with quite a lot of enthusiasm. Is there something going on? I can't help but feel suspicious."

"Come to think of it, Kanade has been wanting to be with Rain quite often lately. I'm envious and a bit jealous."

"That, th-that's not true! I don't... um, um... I just... I just want to be of help to Rain's abilities..."

Kanade panicked and fumbled for words.

"Seems fishy."

Sora and Luna narrowed their eyes and gave Kanade a piercing gaze.

Under their scrutiny, Kanade became even more flustered.

"Anyway, let's get back on track."

Regardless, I calmed everyone down.

"As for the groupings... let's see... Kanade and I, Sora and Luna, and Nina and Tina."

"In the end, it's the usual combinations."

"I'll do my best."

Nina clenched her small fist tightly, filled with determination.

"Meet back here in one hour. I think it'll be fine, but be careful, okay?"

"Yes, no problem. If anything happens, I'll use Luna as a shield."

"Sister shield!?"

"I'll... be back."

"I'll show you my nimble talk!"

Everyone dispersed, leaving Kanade and me behind.

"Well then, shall we go too?"

"Yeah, that's right... Oh!"

With a face as if she had noticed something, Kanade stopped in her tracks.

"...By chance, Rain and I alone... It's a rare opportunity, isn't it? Right? So, shouldn't we... um, make a move together!?"

"Kanade?"

"Nyao!? Um, um..."

 Kanade looked around here and there... And, for some reason, she looks at me with a blush and an upward glance.

"Um, hey... Uh, well... Can we hold hands?"

"Huh? Hold hands?"



Is it because she's afraid of getting separated?

Certainly, today the crowd is quite sizable.

And I do recall a previous experience of getting separated from Kanade in the city.

"Sure. Here."

"Re-Really!?"

"Why are you so surprised? It's no big deal to hold hands."

"Nyaa♪"

Kanade happily takes hold of my hand.

Her tail wags restlessly, swaying from side to side.

"I feel bad for Tania, but I'm happy♪"

"I don't quite understand, but let's go, shall we?"

"Yeah!"



With a cheerful Kanade by my side, we set off for our investigation.



――――――――――



...One hour later.

After completing our inquiries, we regrouped at our original location.



"According to what Sora and the others heard, they saw the dragon flying off towards the northern mountains."

"We... heard the same thing. There are... many eyewitness reports... in the direction of the mountains."

"The information we gathered is similar. It seems that some people witnessed the dragon flying in from the mountains."



We exchange the information we've gathered and summarize our findings.



"In other words... the imposter using Tania's name resides in the northern mountains."

"Yes, I believe that to be the case without a doubt."

"That's right. We couldn't find any other relevant information, so it seems fine."

No objections were raised.



For now, we have no other leads...

It appears that searching the northern mountains is the way to go.



"Well then, let's proceed!"

"Hold on."



Although Kanade says it energetically, I once again put a stop to it.



"Nyan?"

"If we're going to the mountains, we need to prepare. It might take several days if things go wrong."

"Nyaa... That's true."

"But it's frustrating to have to take even more time when we want to resolve this as soon as possible."

"Nothing can be done about it. If Sora and the others act recklessly and fail, it won't end well for anyone."

"Well... we will be fine."

Nina wears a somewhat proud expression.



"As for preparations... they're already done."

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"When I heard that the imposter might be in the mountains... I bought various things in advance."

Nina opened the entrance to the subspace storage.

Taking a quick look inside, there were provisions such as food and water, as well as a complete set of mountaineering equipment.

"When did you...?"

"Hehe, Nina is growing every day."

Tina said proudly, as if she was talking about herself. Maybe she considers Nina as her partner because they spend a lot of time together. It's great that they have a good relationship.

"Oh? But what about money?"

"I'll handle it later," Nina replied.

"Did you put it on credit... really," he sighed.

I would have to thank the townspeople later for their help.

"Oh... Are you mad?"

"No, not at all. It's just that relying on credit isn't a good habit, so don't do it except in emergencies. Can you promise me that?"

"Mhm."

"Good, you're a good kid."

I patted Nina's head and then looked at everyone else.

"Well then, let's depart right away. We can't keep Tania waiting."

"Let's go!"

"Let's do this!"

"Absolutely!"

"Right behind you!"

TL Note- So Rain and party have set off to capture the pretender.


Comments

Popular Posts