The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 192: Nina's Adventure

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


...It happened when I went shopping with Nina.

"Nina, are you okay? Is it not too heavy?"

Nina, walking beside me, was holding shopping bags with both hands. She refused my offer to help and instead handed me the smaller bag. But even so, it was still big for Nina, considering her small frame, and it obstructed her vision...

"Um... I'm fine. It's... alright."

Nina smiled and tried to convey that it was no big deal.

"I see. If it gets too difficult, you can tell me anytime."

"Um... thanks."

We continued walking side by side, following the way back home...

"Hey, please!"

"The guild isn't a daycare center. Go home."

As we passed by the Adventurer's Guild, there seemed to be an argument between a young boy and one of the guild staff.

Curious, I spoke up.

"What's going on?"

"Oh... It's Shroud-san."

I didn't recognize the face.

Well, Natalie-san isn't the only one working at the guild; there are many others, so it's natural to see unfamiliar faces. However, the person over there seemed to know me and directed a gentle expression towards me.

"Hello. Are you on your way from shopping?"

"Not exactly, we're actually heading home. But what's with the commotion?"

"It's unfair! The guild won't take my request."

"They won't take it?..."

"N-No, it's not like that! We haven't done anything wrong!"

Under the suspicious gaze, the guild staff seemed flustered.

"This kid is saying unreasonable things. He wants us to find something he lost."

"Well... It may be a small request, but I don't see a reason to refuse it. The guild's basic principle is to help people and society. Unless it involves criminal activities, they should accept it, right?"

"That's true, but... the reward is too meager. Just one copper coin is... a bit too little."

I see, I understood.

For the boy, that's probably all the money he had... But with only one copper coin as a reward, no one would take the job. The guild couldn't handle such a request, so they had no choice but to decline... That's likely the situation.

"I'm sorry, kid. That's why we can't handle it here. See ya."

The guilt of rejecting a desperate request from a small child seemed to weigh on the guild staff, who hurriedly returned inside the building.

The remaining boy slumped his shoulders, gripping the single copper coin tightly with a look of frustration.

"...Hey, Rain."

Suddenly, Nina tugged at my clothes.

"Um... I... I want to take that child's request."

I was surprised.

I never expected Nina to say something like that.

"Why is that?"

"Well... because that child is in trouble. And because I was helped by you, Rain... I want to become someone who can help people in need..."

"I see... Yeah. If Nina says so, I won't oppose it."

"Thank you."

Nina smiled happily.

It might become a little detour, but well, it shouldn't be a problem.

More than that, I'm glad that Nina brought up this idea on her own.

"Hey... can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"What if we... take on the request?"

"Huh, really!?"

When Nina spoke up, the boy looked at us with a burst of excitement.

"But, as he mentioned, he can only pay with one copper coin... Is that still okay?"

"Well... leave it to us."

"Yay! That's amazing, I really appreciate it, thanks, sis!"

"Sis... hehe."

Nina was slightly proud to be called sis.

――――――――――

The item the boy dropped seemed to be a ring that he had planned to give as a gift for his mother's birthday.

It wasn't a store-bought ring but a handmade one that he crafted himself. He had been visiting a craftsman, desperately requesting to be taught the techniques... and somehow managed to complete it this morning.

However, it seems that he let his guard down at that moment and dropped the finished ring along the way... that's the story so far.

He searched everywhere he could think of, but couldn't find it at all. Did someone else pick it up, or did he lose it in an unexpected place?

"What did the ring look like?"

"It was a simple one. About this size, with no particular decorations. Oh, but it had a beautiful gemstone set in it."

When asked about the ring, the boy explained it with gestures and movements.

If it was a simple ring with no decorations, it would have been difficult to find... but if it had a beautiful gemstone as an ornament, it would make things slightly easier.

I focused and observed the nearby animals...

"Rain."

"Yes?"

Nina called out to me, and when I turned around, she handed me the luggage.

"I will... try to search."

"Nina? Can you do it?"

"Yeah... I'll do my best. I can't always... rely on Rain."

Nina saying something like that... She's really growing up. It somehow filled me with emotions.

"Just wait a moment..."

Nina said to the boy and closed her eyes, concentrating.

Even though Nina said she would find the ring, what exactly was she planning to do?

Was she going to use some kind of ability?

But did Nina have the ability suited for finding things?

"Hmm... I see it."

Nina muttered softly...

"Here we go."

The space shimmered, and she reached in.

It was an extradimensional storage.

It could store a considerable amount of things in the extradimensional space... but why now, in this situation?

As I wondered, Nina moved her hands around as if rummaging through it...

Eventually, she pulled her hand out with a sound.

In her hand...

"Ah, the ring I made!"

"Yes... I found it."

Nina handed the ring to the boy.

"Wow, how did you do that just now!?"

"Well... the extradimensional space is connected to various places... so I can search for things through it... and then I connect space to space..."

"Well, I don't really get it, but sis, you're amazing!"

"Hehe."

Praised by the boy, Nina wagged her tail happily.

"Thank you, sis! You really saved me."

"Don't lose it again, okay?"

"Yeah, really, thank you!"

The boy, with a big smile on his face, waved his hand multiple times as he walked away.

"Nn."

Nina reached out her hand towards me.

Hmm?

...Ah, she's referring to the shopping bags.

I handed the shopping bag I had been carrying back to Nina.

"Shall we go home?"

"Yeah, sounds good. But before that..."

I lightly patted Nina's head.

"Fuwaa... Rain?"

"Nina, who was doing her best for that boy, looked really cool."

"Me... cool?"

"Yeah, you were really cool."

"Hehe... It makes me really happy when Rain says that. It warms my heart."

Nina smiled brightly, her cheeks blushing ever so slightly.

TL Note-......



Comments

Popular Posts